50 Minutes of 76

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
You don't need to wait:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/9nm67w/state_of_the_lore_brotherhood_of_steel_in_2102/

It's less farfetched than having real Samurai... And Bethesda already made one of those:
anm4Pqy.png
They also made a Chinese sword that electrocutes the target, so plasma katanas are just a small step forward. :wiggle:

Why I ain't suprised and jesus I forget bout the samurai guy from mothershit zeta, guess is why I've moved on from Fallout related games as I been recently playing Dead By Daylight, since they are adding new stuff and least that game is not made by a bunch of corporate hacks.

So essentially one could get the 76 experience by modding 4 with multiplayer mods and mods tagged with 'lore-breaking'?

Ah well, can't say I care about what Beth is doing to Fallout anymore.:rip:

There comes a time men when you have to move on. Briosafreak, Lexx, Silencer, Per, Brother None, Alec, Roshambo, Tagaziel, Sander, Odin, Welsh...what do these NMA Oldfags have in common? By my estimation they are at least my age (30's) mostly about 3 to 8 years older than me. You have to think about who these people are now, if they all even still exist. War might not change, but people sure as shit do.

I have been here around 13 years as a regular member. I took breaks in between due to work and life and lack of internet, but I always came back. I plan to stay here at least until a new generation is ready to carry on the torch. That being said I cannot obsess about Fallout anymore. It is not dead in a literal sense, sure, but the lore is not even adhering to our generations stories. You have people that have been here a couple years that now know the lore better than any of us oldfags. Tagaziel is your lone exception because he learned to like something about the series. He always loved ELDER SCROLLS along with isometric Fallout. That is your way in if you still care. That is why people like Risewild can enjoy the series to some extent. It is why I can, assuming there is still a shred of...thought behind the story.

Fallout has now evolved into modern day fanon, with the Brotherhood being a bunch of people on a terrorist watch list no doubt. So what do you do?

1. You fight back. Don't buy the game assholes. Stop paying for their shit. Stop mindlessly defending them when they do not deserve your respect or defense. Can you meme my friend?
  2. You stop caring. This is why people leave. You will catch people sticking around because they made so many friends here and have nowhere else to go.
  3. You learn to like it. You stop taking it so seriously. You don't obsess over every minor detail a 20 year old art designer, randomly assigned to the quest, might have thought up. You look for the good stuff. This doesn't stop you from sticking to your guns when shit hits an unacceptable level.
  4. You educate and inform and evolve the series in other ways. Get creative. Stop expecting everything to be done for you. This applies to every aspect of our society if you look for it. Get involved in the community outside these walls even.
  5. REDACTED
You can pick and choose which of the ones I listed fall into what category. Some choose more than one path.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only care about Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas at this point. Every other mainline game can burn and any subsequent games done in the same quality and i don't expect any future game on the same quality as those three games.

I just like to fling shit at Bethesda and criticize their idiotic decisions for fun.

I'm probably #3. I enjoy the new games and I still respect the old ones. If a questionable variable is thrown in, I will raise an eyebrow to it until a possible solution to it's existence is brought up, intended or otherwise. These fanon theories helps me feel like the world is consistent even if it truly isn't.

See this how I think The Brotherhood of Steel showed up in Fallout 76. See a Bunch a Army Marines took shelter in a Underground base in West Virginia, this base being a Storage warehouse for Power Armors and other stuff. One day somebody was messing around with an old Data-Link console and ended up calling the Original Brotherhood of Steel on the telephone, because the inter-link still worked. So they both told each other they were army guys in bunkers underground and then the West Coast BOS christened these guys BOS members and sent them a e-mail of an ascii picture of their logo and that is how they are in West Virginia and it turns out they are the reason the WCBOS got to the East Coast 400 years later despite never mentioning it before(it just didn't come up).

Last edited:
I think the BOS just used nuke powered zepelins and Pre War vertibirds to create multiple chapters all over the world. The real BOS is actually an Alien faction that was created to fight the Enclave and I hope it gets explored in an expansion, I mean there are a lot of hints of the alien origins of the BOS, specially in FO3, the first game.

I hope to Todd Liam Neeson makes a return in the upcoming RiseIn69 Premium VIP ultimate Gold edition for the Playstation One X. Really made me feel like batman.

Man, the new Rust knockoff looks good- wait your telling me this is a FALLOUT game? hahhahahhahahha don't kid with me- huh your not joking........welp it seems like the series has gone lower than the grave and seems to be breaching into hell itself. Like my oh my, the reused assets and the nuclear explosion looked like crap. I totally hope Bethesda is shooting themselves in the foot by not putting the game on steam.

hahahaha yes! Feel the hate flow!

You know what makes me happy about all of this. Now Fallout fans who have only played Bethesda's versions can feel the pain of getting fucked.

But in all seriousness I'm going to look sexy as wearing my collectors edition helmet.

I think this will be the first fallout game other than Fallout BOS I won't purchase. Fallout was never the same once Bethesda took over but it was still something I could play and appreciate as its own thing.

A lack of NPCs and associated quests really kills it for me I think. As dirty as it sounds, I think if Fallout was to go online it should have been done as an MMORPG with a focus on community rather than PVP stuff and destiny style missions.

I think this will be the first fallout game other than Fallout BOS I won't purchase. Fallout was never the same once Bethesda took over but it was still something I could play and appreciate as its own thing.

A lack of NPCs and associated quests really kills it for me I think. As dirty as it sounds, I think if Fallout was to go online it should have been done as an MMORPG with a focus on community rather than PVP stuff and destiny style missions.

You are such a professional lurker I don't remember you.

I keep seeing the people who got access to the Beta defending the bad optimizationg with "This is just a Beta or an Alpha!" but the game is coming out in like less than a month so there really is not much that can be done in that time. Hell, if it's a month away that means the game is already done and the Server testing is usually the last thing you do so that's probably the final game, frame drops and all, ugly textures and brain dead AI.
I wanna see the montages of the day 1 conection errors set to "It just works" in the background.

I keep seeing the people who got access to the Beta defending the bad optimizationg with "This is just a Beta or an Alpha!" but the game is coming out in like less than a month so there really is not much that can be done in that time. Hell, if it's a month away that means the game is already done and the Server testing is usually the last thing you do so that's probably the final game, frame drops and all, ugly textures and brain dead AI.
I wanna see the montages of the day 1 conection errors set to "It just works" in the background.
Something like this?

Back