50 Minutes of 76

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
He added a word filter that changed all links to Nukapedia to The Vault and wanted to reinstate the Roshambo-style government where everyone dancing out of line gets the banhammer.

I wouldn't go as far, but it definitely lost its way. As it turns out, building your identity on hating things, rather than something positive, is really deleterious in the long run.
Ooh, he used the "hating" argument. Yes, we only hate things here. The Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas's praise in this forum is fucking imaginary, we just hate things here.

Apparently solid, legitimate arguments with ingame evidence is now considered "hating" and "being toxic". I'm just ignore what this guy says from now on, it's too much stupid to handle.

MATN is making AMA stream about F76, so if anyone wanted to ask about Scorched fungus or something here's link

Ooh, he used the "hating" argument. Yes, we only hate things here. The Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas's praise in this forum is fucking imaginary, we just hate things here.

The funny thing is that even that strawman argument has a point: There is nothing wrong with hating on a company that is ruining a formerly beloved franchise with their rampant stupidity and flat out moronic writing and game design.

I just use the Fallout wikia (which uses source material straight from Nukapedia and the Vault). I look at all three when trying to figure out something, though. He (Tag) probably wanted to use The Vault because he actively curates the content there, which makes his lore write ups massively biased because he's citing sources from material he abstracted/interpreted.

He (Tag) probably wanted to use The Vault because he actively curates the content there, which makes his lore write ups massively biased because he's citing sources from material he abstracted/interpreted.
I honestly think this is disgusting. There's having speculation and leave at that, and then there's going to a wiki to write a wall of text that is either baseless or it has very few ground to stand on and then add that to a place people go to read about stuff on the franchise.

Then there's the issue of people actually taking this stuff seriously, stuff he just interpreted, and start using it in arguments.

Last edited:
The funny thing is that even that strawman argument has a point: There is nothing wrong with hating on a company that is ruining a formerly beloved franchise with their rampant stupidity and flat out moronic writing and game design.

Then the whole taste thing comes into play again and the argument "Thousands of people like Fallout 3 and 4 (and upcoming Fallout 76). You can't claim they are all wrong right?"

It is odd, I like fandoms and I hate fandoms. I don't know to explain this.

Did Pete Hines get reprimanded for his previous tweets about Jet and it's why he just says he isn't the lore guy now?

He got a job in gaming? That one is new for me.
Sounds more to me "I learned how to keep my mouth shut if I would like to get paid."

Sounds more to me "I learned how to keep my mouth shut if I would like to get paid."
Yeah, this is honestly my theory. Can't talk shit of the industry you are in if you want a job in it. I read posts of him from years ago and he didn't seemed to be like this. Sure, he disagreed with people in some stuff, but not to this extreme.

Was Tagaziel a secret asshole?
I switched from an exclusionist to an inclusionist approach a while back, right around the time I stopped billing myself as a member of a certain Internet forum out of embarrassment, and as such, additions to the lore don't bother me.

So @SuAside @Hassknecht @Korin should remove his Admin powers I guess. If you are too "embarrassed" to fucking be called NMA yet gargle Bethesda's cock while obsessing over half baked lore? I don't even know what the fuck. I don't know what is more embarrassing - being so afraid of people speaking their mind you have to censor their words to stick up for troll babies, or jumping through hoops to justify halfass story telling. They could have told a story about a group that tried to warn us about the Enclave, but was wiped out completely, with only their Holotapes, corpses, and mutated remains as proof of their existence.

SONS OF LIBERTY
FREEMEN
Hell...MINUTEMEN!

But no. Brotherhood of Steel just sent people out whenever the fuck they felt like it. And they forget to tell everyone.

Did they have a lore reason for this? Sure. Virginia is Illuminati/ENCLAVE central. Is there a good reason not to make a new faction?

NMA welcomes all Fallout fans. They just have to defend their point of view.

FUCK. I am willing to bet THEY WERE MINUTEMEN until development split.

Expect an article on this lore issue soon when I learn more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back