50 Minutes of 76

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Petrified corpses and yet everything around them is untouched, let alone burned.
Seems nuclear bombs are very selective about what they kill.

Also, still working lights when I think it is save to assume that no power plants work any more, let alone that electric cables are still intact after years of exposure to nature.
You can see what they were going for but just botched it like always. I don't even think it is incompetence(well completely anyway) but just laziness. what ever takes the least amount of effort. Yeah will have ash statues around but I'm just gonna reuse all these Boston rubble piles. Isn't this game set earliest in the timeline now, like only a decade or 2 after the bombs? shouldn't the entire area be a blasted hellscape? Forests of burnt trees, looking like black spikes jutting from the dead ground. That would look fucking cool, it would also take work. The main enemies could have been those unfortunate souls who couldn't get into the vaults so they sought shelter in West Virginia's vast complex of Coal Mines, disfigured and mutated by the background radiation they emerge to reclaim their burnt land and now battle with the Vault Settlers....Nah Fuck that shit, here are some Super Mutants.

To some of the older or more frequent posters here, was Tagz always like that?
I really feel he has done a 180 degree turn.

"So what's Bethesda's explanation for the changes? In comments made to GameSpot, vice president Pete Hines explained the developer takes lore seriously, but that it won't be "beholden to something that somebody wrote 20 years ago even in franchises that we created like the Elder Scrolls".
"Having said that, we don't take it lightly to just go 'ah, we're just going to do whatever the hell we want'," he continues. "There has to be a thought process - what is the rationale? Why would there be super mutants, or the Brotherhood of Steel? There's absolutely reasons and explanations for how all that ties to Fallout 76."

Takes... lore... seriously...

maxresdefault.jpg

5870252d7c6829189b0c0d78a6ed11d6064e8e64_large.jpg

med_1477085394_00032.jpg

mechanist_fallout_t810.png

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

kqeuFxs.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

fallout_3_dr__zimmer_the_institute_director_of_srb_by_spartan22294-dcfb5zw.png

Nick-the-Human.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Finsertcoin%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F12%2Fdesmonda.jpg

fallout_4_getting_the_minutemen_to_help_by_spartan22294-dbmx9s6.png

fallout3_purifier.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I stopped taking this guy seriously when he claimed the removal of skill points in Fallout 4 was for the better. And apparently his defense of Fallout 4 got so bad that he attempted to add information to wiki articles in the Fallout wiki but the edits were removed because they were baseless. So it's hilarious that he claims that the people who claim that BoS being in West Virginia 20 years after the bombs fell is bullshit as baseless when a lot of the information and arguments he has are complete bullshit.

Tagaziel

D E E P L O R E J U N K I E
37 points·3 hours ago
Sure. I'm waiting for more information, but the more I think of it, the less it annoys me (it never really annoyed me in the first place, just surprised me). 'course, I'm biased, since I worked a good deal on the Fallout: Brotherhood script, so I know the story of the Brotherhood's founding like the back of my hand.
wait wat
I sure hope he's not saying that he worked on Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

Sorry but has Tagz lost his mind? Has some pod person taken his place and now claims to be him?
I recall that he used to be one of the Glittering Gems of Hatred, well I think he used to be.

Or is this his evil parallel universe counterpart who is also clueless?

He is the type who prefer popularity over many things, don't be surprised for he choose to change his "view point".

*affects Mr Plinkett voice*
So, why are there "Petrified corpses" next to intact houses? Are they magical Nukes that only burn humans? Are those "Scorched" basically the same as the burned men? Why are they all hostile? Is this game basically saying the Enclave was right and anyone not from a vault was a mponster that needed to be put down? How come they use bottlecaps? Why are the Vault people going out there with Pipe weapons? Do they not nave regular arms? In FO1 yhey gave you a normal pistol, did Vault tec give them pipe guns for kicks? Can you Nuke the entrance to the Vault? Why are the Scorced seemingly brainded AI wise? Why even have Vats if the only use for it was the Kill cam effect? If inventory is gonna be real time to be "realistic" why is it linked to the Pipboy? Why does the Pipboy look like the old pip-boy? Is Pete Hines a Public asshole? If they are going back in the timeline and exploring a new location why do they keep using the same factions when it doesn't make sense? are they Hack frauds? Are the Mole people a reference to the Fo1 cut faction of animal people? Do all players start out waking up in the same room? Why are the Missile silos even able to shoot at shit in the continent itsself? Why are the settlers shooting Nukes when they are supposed to be resettling the place? WHy does nuking a location create more resources? If the resources are nuclear materials wouldn't it make more sense to disarm the ICBM and loot the fuel and nuclear materials? Why are there rats with Nuclear codes? Will the needs system in this game be as broken as the one in FO4? Why is the Dirty water in a Box and the Purified water in a Can? Is there seriously canned water? When I purify water do I also need to have tin on my inventory to craft the can? Is the Overseer our character's mom that we have to look for?

Last edited:
*affects Mr Plinkett voice*
So, why are there "Petrified corpses" next to intact houses? Are they magical Nukes that only burn humans? Are those "Scorched" basically the same as the burned men? Why are they all hostile? Is this game basically saying the Enclave was right and anyone not from a vault was a mponster that needed to be put down? How come they use bottlecaps? Why are the Vault people going out there with Pipe weapons? Do they not nave regular arms? In FO1 yhey gave you a normal pistol, did Vault tec give them pipe guns for kicks? Can you Nuke the entrance to the Vault? Why are the Scorced seemingly brainded AI wise? Why even have Vats if the only use for it was the Kill cam effect? If inventory is gonna be real time to be "realistic" why is it linked to the Pipboy? Why does the Pipboy look like the old pip-boy? Is Pete Hines a Public asshole? If they are going back in the timeline and exploring a new location why do they keep using the same factions when it doesn't make sense? are they Hack frauds? Are the Mole people a reference to the Fo1 cut faction of animal people? Do all players start out waking up in the same room? Why are the Missile silos even able to shoot at shit in the continent itsself? Why are the settlers shooting Nukes when they are supposed to be resettling the place? WHy does nuking a location create more resources? If the resources are nuclear materials wouldn't it make more sense to disarm the ICBM and loot the fuel and nuclear materials? Why are there rats with Nuclear codes? Will the needs system in this game be as broken as the one in FO4? Why is the Dirty water in a Box and the Purified water in a Can? Is there seriously canned water? When I purify water do I also need to have tin on my inventory to craft the can? Is the Overseer our character's mom that we have to look for?
QyPFLfz.png

there was once a lore guy at bethesda but they fired him in 2006 to put more resources into moving a train

Metro-Head-625x350.jpg

"So what's Bethesda's explanation for the changes? In comments made to GameSpot, vice president Pete Hines explained the developer takes lore seriously, but that it won't be "beholden to something that somebody wrote 20 years ago even in franchises that we created like the Elder Scrolls".
"Having said that, we don't take it lightly to just go 'ah, we're just going to do whatever the hell we want'," he continues. "There has to be a thought process - what is the rationale? Why would there be super mutants, or the Brotherhood of Steel? There's absolutely reasons and explanations for how all that ties to Fallout 76."

---

I am sort of mystified that he would say that even about their own IP. I can at least understand them having no respect for something they didn't create, but lore and 'world building' have been the only strengths of the Elder Scrolls series. Now he's basically saying that all those hundreds to thousands of pages of fake books they paid people to write are effectively worthless.

Then again, turnover at the company could easily explain this. Still a pretty dickish statement, though.

You can't take lore seriously and "but that it won't be beholden to something that somebody wrote 20 years ago". Internal consistency is the most important thing when it comes to lore and the second you start messing with it and changing it, it stops being consistent.

So yeah, pretty moronic statement as far as i'm concerned and just another clue they clearly don't take lore seriously, despite them claiming otherwise.

I will be honest, by the videos I watched for a little bit, I would say that even Miscreated looks better than Fallout 76.
Which is hilarious since Miscreated was released in 2014, it is still Early Access on Steam and doesn't seem to have a very good rating (Mixed)...

If only Fallout 76 would allow you to get pet chickens, that would already improve the appeal of the game.
I say this because of this review on the Miscreated page:
I managed to build a small hut at a remote part of a map. For 3 days i have not met another players. The second day i found a chicken and i brought it home, so i got a companion. On the third day i heared police sirens. A police car stopped at my hut. Two russian guys arrived in full army gear. As i was unarmed i surrendered. One of the russians wanted to take my chicken. I asked them not to take it. They gave my chicken back, they gifted me a gun and some ammo.

Well, Glowing Ghouls can AOE rad blast. Mirelurk Kings can shoot rings or psi energy. Legendaries can heal every wound instantly and get super sayian. I'm not surprised an enemy can teleport.

[edit]

Also, Tagaziel has lost his mind. :V

I remember he wanted to purge this forum and make it a Beth fan friendly space and get rid of all the negativity.

I remember he wanted to purge this forum and make it a Beth fan friendly space and get rid of all the negativity.
Wait, really? So, basically turn this into the Bethesda forums? Thank god it didn't happened. This is one of the last Fallout forums that still calls out Bethesda's bullshit.

And apparently negativity now is having legitimate, well founded arguments, with ingame evidence. Some people, i swear.

Back