A new Fallout game? Fallout 1.5: Resurrection's english version is out!

Or people should just make box-formed maps and not this vertical border shit. :>

Is a pure hand to hand fighting character plausible? I try to avoid playing the obvious sniper types just for the challenge.

Is a pure hand to hand fighting character plausible? I try to avoid playing the obvious sniper types just for the challenge.
Haven't actually tried doing it, but it's plausible early game. Considering there's a lot of team fights from since Rat Hole, I'm sure it's manageable. Have to consider there's lots of dangerous ranged enemies across the game, though, and especially since DT was removed it's very dangerous to engage burst-weapon enemy at close range.

What? There are still various armors have DT values. The only change on weapon/ammo damage in Resurrection is all AP ammo now have Dmg Mod 1/1.
I mean, yeah some of the armors still retain the numbers on DT, but
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ut-game-by-czechs.109858/page-10#post-4648907
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ut-game-by-czechs.109858/page-11#post-4649014

Another weird thing is how I was wearing Power Armor yet I receive quite some damage, yet Gabriel wearing Combat Armor didn't even receive any damage from the same weapon at all!

I mean, yeah some of the armors still retain the numbers on DT, but
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ut-game-by-czechs.109858/page-10#post-4648907
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ut-game-by-czechs.109858/page-11#post-4649014
Another weird thing is how I was wearing Power Armor yet I receive quite some damage, yet Gabriel wearing Combat Armor didn't even receive any damage from the same weapon at all!
AFAIK Resurrection doesn't touch the vanilla combat/damage mechanism except changing Dmg Mod for AP ammo.
They don't use any sfall hook scripts like hs_combatdamage, and the only two global scripts have nothing to do with combat damage. Also from the source code of the loader (fores.exe) it doesn't touch any combat stuff.

Damage threshold works as before. So does critical hit bypassing armor though.

I don't know, man. It's still weird for me wearing Power Armor and receive 10-15 damage, while Gabriel wearing Combat Armor receive no damage at all from the same weapon. Did Gabriel had some DR/DT modifier that allow him to tank damage better than my char in Power Armor?

I have a question for other users - is it just me, or is this game a lot harder than the original two? I always play on Hard with Rough combat difficulty, but it seems like it is too tough for me. I have a high strength melee character, but I still only do 4-5 damage with each hit with a sledgehammer. I don't have Awareness, but it seems like most enemies, even in the start of the game, have ~30 HP. This makes a difficult 1v1 fight, but it's never 1v1. Random encounters in the "starting area" regularly produce 10+ Wild Dogs or Geckos, and the former get two turns(!) (I suppose because my Sequence is only 8) of attacking before I get to retaliate, if I even live that long, and hit me for 5-10 HP a turn. I'm level 8 and I still run away from 95% of encounters in the starting area because I simply cannot beat them. Even an encounter with just three geckos, and a companion, is a 50/50 shot of me winning with only 20% health left. Even using 9 AP to hit once then run to minimize enemy combat turns leaves me near dead with the smallest groups of enemies. Is this all stat based? I've been to most of the cities in search of a better melee weapon but there is none I can find. I've played pacifists that run from fights before, but this is a combat-focused character and I still can't face off against starting zone encounters.

Is this intentional, or did I make a really bad character? Or, maybe the creators heavily favored ranged weapons. Doing the Rat Town fight, the enemies would hit me around 20-30 points per shot, while I still only hit them for 5 or so points. The only way I won was by drawing their attention to me while Julian's crew shot them, and even with their ~15-20 points of damage per shot it took me around 20 full turns for them to finally kill the enemies. That seems insane to me! Any comments?

I beat it with a pure hand to hand character. It was... hard to say the least, and I had to spend a lot of time grinding to level up several times before I could beat some battles.
Also my character was a tank, full CON and full STR and perks for more HP as soon as they were available (Lifegiver and a new one that doubles the HP our character gains per level, if I am not mistaken) and max ranks on those perks.
Of course I used unarmed and there are only like 4 weapons for that (just like in the base game) and I only got the upgrade for the Power Fist in the last part of the game.

Didn't had the time for playing yet, but reading that you'll have to grind kinda puts me off a lot. It's one of the things I liked with the most in Fo1- the need not to grind.

Having to grind for something is the most shitty part of every RPG ever. It's nothing but a waste of time.

Nah, you don't have to grind at all. This is the same as in original BIS Fallouts - go for all the quests and you're golden, miss a half of them and you are underleveled badly. I'm skipping all the random encounters in Resurrection in any of my playthroughs without problem.

How can you guys not be excited by this? I'm in Alberquerque and so far it feels like a genuine Fallout instalment. Sure, not everything is nailed, but since it's fan-made, it's more than excusable.

I have a question for other users - is it just me, or is this game a lot harder than the original two?
It is way harder, but I like it. In the first two Fallout games, you become pretty much an ultimate warrior on ~6 level, while here I still get toasted by a group of raiders in the desert.
Although I feel like the deathclaws have been nerfed greatly. On my way to the Lost City, I found myself surrounded by three of them (two large ones and a small one) and I killed them with just my spear, while having used like four stimpacks (on level 5!)

Or, maybe the creators heavily favored ranged weapons.
I guess that's the case. But to be fair, it's more realistic that way.

I'm still hoping for an English translation of Fallout of Nevada someday.
It's not as good as this one, sadly.

By the way, have you guys seen how New Hope has developed since the deal with Crimson Caravan? :)

Last edited:
I just started it, and as much as I liked it, I felt it kinda pushes you toward a faction (I am taking the first town as an exemple) Does it have more choices later on?

When I am next to an NPC and I press "X" they say this:
"udelej mi trochu mista vorechu" in blue letters

What does it mean or do?

EDIT: Oh I know now. Its to make Mutt move when he's blocking your path.

"udelej mi trochu mista vorechu" is in Czech and means "make me some room dude"

Sorry but the search engine kinda blows. How does one do to play this on macOS? Just open the application and paste the folders in the right places?

Is there any recent mod that is compatible with the mac version? I mean, pretty much everything is using sfall nowadays, which technically shouldn't work on a mac? If that's the case then nope, it won't work, no matter what you copy&paste.

I have a question for other users - is it just me, or is this game a lot harder than the original two? I always play on Hard with Rough combat difficulty, but it seems like it is too tough for me. I have a high strength melee character, but I still only do 4-5 damage with each hit with a sledgehammer. I don't have Awareness, but it seems like most enemies, even in the start of the game, have ~30 HP. This makes a difficult 1v1 fight, but it's never 1v1. Random encounters in the "starting area" regularly produce 10+ Wild Dogs or Geckos, and the former get two turns(!) (I suppose because my Sequence is only 8) of attacking before I get to retaliate, if I even live that long, and hit me for 5-10 HP a turn. I'm level 8 and I still run away from 95% of encounters in the starting area because I simply cannot beat them. Even an encounter with just three geckos, and a companion, is a 50/50 shot of me winning with only 20% health left. Even using 9 AP to hit once then run to minimize enemy combat turns leaves me near dead with the smallest groups of enemies. Is this all stat based? I've been to most of the cities in search of a better melee weapon but there is none I can find. I've played pacifists that run from fights before, but this is a combat-focused character and I still can't face off against starting zone encounters.

Is this intentional, or did I make a really bad character? Or, maybe the creators heavily favored ranged weapons. Doing the Rat Town fight, the enemies would hit me around 20-30 points per shot, while I still only hit them for 5 or so points. The only way I won was by drawing their attention to me while Julian's crew shot them, and even with their ~15-20 points of damage per shot it took me around 20 full turns for them to finally kill the enemies. That seems insane to me! Any comments?

It's not just you. This game is a lot more realistic than Fallout and Fallout 2, therefore a lot harder. But once you get used to it, you should be able to start kicking ass. Running away a lot is a part of the game. You'd be running away a lot in a real post apocalyptic wasteland. Mad Max spend most of Mad Max Fury Road, running away.

Back