AI Generated Images for people that cannot do art

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
IMG_20221121_154516.jpg

You know an interesting twist on AI generated art is that artists can use AI to generate source images for their hand done photo-composites. Composites done from non-existent photos—of anything. :shock:

I've mentioned AI assisted art before; meaning assisted concepts, composition, and fine [tedious] detail work, but it's feasible to generate dozens of base imagery to then carve up, place, and refine in the likes of Photoshop, Clip Studio, Paintshop, Gimp, or any other image editor/art package.

How about a themed challenge thread on that? Terry Gilliam made his early career on just such a style of art. The Monty Python foot is cut right out of a print from the Louvre.

Not AI generated said:

Last edited:
Throw gimp in the trash.
Everything has its own strengths. I don't use GIMP often, but it has features that none of my other editors have—and it's free.

BTW... I HIGHLY recommend taking up CelSys' [fully functional] free trial offer of ClipStudio if you have a graphics tablet, or even just a mouse. It's worth the retail price, so it's certainly worth it free for three months. Apparently it's entirely free for use on Iphones.

https://www.clipstudio.net/en/purchase/trial/

Last edited:
Very nice. I could easily have appreciated this character being in a proper Fallout 3 or 4, or even in one of Bethesda's games. ;)

Are you using starter images, or just prompts?

You know an interesting twist on AI generated art is that artists can use AI to generate source images for their hand done photo-composites. Composites done from non-existent photos—of anything. :shock:

I've mentioned AI assisted art before; meaning assisted concepts, composition, and fine [tedious] detail work, but it's feasible to generate dozens of base imagery to then carve up, place, and refine in the likes of Photoshop, Clip Studio, Paintshop, Gimp, or any other image editor/art package.

How about a themed challenge thread on that? Terry Gilliam made his early career on just such a style of art. The Monty Python foot is cut right out of a print from the Louvre.

Dinsdale.

@broneslav A nice background for the crabs
crabs.png

Last edited:
Back