Fallout 2 mod Better Miria mod as RPU patch

I just wondered something considering something I read on the first post of this. I've been applying these miria fixes and stuff after I've already met her and whatnot so her global variables won't update. Would that be a reason why she isn't leveling up if the fix you referred to before is applied after I already have her as a companion?
You still haven't told us where did you get your Miria version from. Are you using https://github.com/debrouxl/Fallout2_RPU_Better_Miria ?

No the one I'm using is whatever file is attached to debrauxl's second post of this forum. better_miria_rp233uv18+.zip

Is that not what I'm supposed to use?

I downloaded the link you sent me and uncompressed it into my Fallout 2 folder like the instructions at the start say but now my Talking Heads mod won't work and I only get black screens instead of talking heads.

EDIT: Instead of using this Better Miria RPU mod, would Endocore's 2013 Alt-Miria mod work if I add it to RPU normally? The Talking Heads mod on the Nexus has a compatibility patch for Alt-Miria so it has me wondering if I am able to just uncompress that mod into my fallout 2 folder to work with RPU. I believe Alt-Miria was what I used to use anyway when I last played Fallout 2 with Killaps RP 2.3.3 rather than RPU.

RPU is the main reason I am returning since its updated compared to Killaps last 2013 RP release.

EDIT2: Alt-Miria works with RPUv26 and the Talking Head mods. Miria is leveling up for me now.

Last edited:
I downloaded the link you sent me and uncompressed it into my Fallout 2 folder like the instructions at the start say but now my Talking Heads mod won't work and I only get black screens instead of talking heads.

EDIT: Instead of using this Better Miria RPU mod, would Endocore's 2013 Alt-Miria mod work if I add it to RPU normally? The Talking Heads mod on the Nexus has a compatibility patch for Alt-Miria so it has me wondering if I am able to just uncompress that mod into my fallout 2 folder to work with RPU. I believe Alt-Miria was what I used to use anyway when I last played Fallout 2 with Killaps RP 2.3.3 rather than RPU.

RPU is the main reason I am returning since its updated compared to Killaps last 2013 RP release.

EDIT2: Alt-Miria works with RPUv26 and the Talking Head mods. Miria is leveling up for me now.
Good. The link I provided doesn't only contain the Miria mod, but the RPU as well. An old RPU. I.e. it makes sense that the Talking Heads mod doesn't work. You would have to use git to update that Miria mod to the newest RPU and then use Talking Heads on top of that, I think. I'm not planning on using the Talking Heads, so I cannot provide better information, unfortunately.

I'm glad that you got it working eventually, and on your own as well.

EDIT: Saw the mod for the Talking Heads and... it's not the same visual style as the original talking heads, which makes it quite jarring to me. It seems to be just some modern models without stylization. They're too clean for Fallout 1+2 in my opinion. Except maybe for Rebecca.

Last edited:
That's fair. I just grabbed the talking heads mod cause it seemed like it would make fallout 2 feel different and i like what I've seen so far. Haven't looked ahead to spoil myself on who all has what head except for Kitsune cause she was a preview pic.

she is still a companion in RPU right? I saw a changelog talking about fixing something regarding equipping her with stuff or something like that. I know she isn't a vanilla companion and was added in a RP2.3.3 build I believe but not sure if it's implemented here in v26.

@Malokenic

Can you provide a link to which mod you ultimately used? I am also trying to get Better Miria to play nice with RPU, Talking Heads, and FO2 Tweaks and for the same reasons. I tried downloading Alt-Miria from a Google search, and re-entering Modoc for the first time, but I'm getting Better Miria with no Talking Head, and I suspect she'll mess up my unlimited party tweak as well.

I'd also appreciate any tips you have to make the process go smoothly.

she is still a companion in RPU right? I saw a changelog talking about fixing something regarding equipping her with stuff or something like that. I know she isn't a vanilla companion and was added in a RP2.3.3 build I believe but not sure if it's implemented here in v26.
Unfortunately, I haven't played the RPU in years. Someone else might have to answer that. :^(

That would be interesting to know
@Malokenic

Can you provide a link to which mod you ultimately used? I am also trying to get Better Miria to play nice with RPU, Talking Heads, and FO2 Tweaks and for the same reasons. I tried downloading Alt-Miria from a Google search, and re-entering Modoc for the first time, but I'm getting Better Miria with no Talking Head, and I suspect she'll mess up my unlimited party tweak as well.

Have you managed to get a good setup? I'm also planning on RPG, FO2Tweaks, Talking Heads and this mod.

@Malokenic

The mod i used was Endocore's Alt-Miria mod from 2013 that can still be found on NMA as that's where I downloaded it. It'll download as a zip file called Miria2.3.3 or something like that to show it was for killaps Rp 2.3.3.

To get the talking head mod to work, I downloaded the comp patch for alt-miria on thee talking head file for fallout 2 nexus by goatboy.

The mod i used was Endocore's Alt-Miria mod from 2013 that can still be found on NMA as that's where I downloaded it. It'll download as a zip file called Miria2.3.3 or something like that to show it was for killaps Rp 2.3.3.

To get the talking head mod to work, I downloaded the comp patch for alt-miria on thee talking head file for fallout 2 nexus by goatboy.

Hey, thank you so much for your response! I got Miria working with the talking head mod, RPU, and my infinite party size tweak. However, she doesn't appear to be leveling. Was there anything else you did to get that part working?

Hey, thank you so much for your response! I got Miria working with the talking head mod, RPU, and my infinite party size tweak. However, she doesn't appear to be leveling. Was there anything else you did to get that part working?

Assuming you are using Endocore's alt miria and not this mod's miria patch, what level are you?

If you were like me and save edited to be a God and rushed right to Modoc at level 1 to get her to test her out, she only leveled up after I hit level 5 or 6 and sometimes only after I gave her new armor or took off her armor. Dunno why but that's how it was for me.

Thanks again for the response. Yes, I'm using Endocore's mod, with the compatibility patch that you mentioned from the nexus. Thus far, her dialogue options and talking head work, but no joy on the leveling. I picked her up at around level 9, and am now level 15. I tried removing and re-adding various pieces of armor, but no levels. I'm stumped for now. I might test her on a game started from scratch. It might not be a major issue in this playthrough. I'm recruiting everybody into a moving mob, and mostly just wanted to see the new dialogue for Miria. Maybe she'll survive long enough running away? Thanks again for the responses!

Thanks again for the response. Yes, I'm using Endocore's mod, with the compatibility patch that you mentioned from the nexus. Thus far, her dialogue options and talking head work, but no joy on the leveling. I picked her up at around level 9, and am now level 15. I tried removing and re-adding various pieces of armor, but no levels. I'm stumped for now. I might test her on a game started from scratch. It might not be a major issue in this playthrough. I'm recruiting everybody into a moving mob, and mostly just wanted to see the new dialogue for Miria. Maybe she'll survive long enough running away? Thanks again for the responses!
It won't work if you already had entered Modoc for the first time in your save if you downloaded the mod afterwards. It's gotta be done via a save file prior to ever entering Modoc because that's how Alt-Miria works

I am using RPU v26, had the Alpha 3 of this Better Miria Mod plus xman7373's fix installed way before I entered Modoc, but nothing about Miria had changed once I got into town. I couldn't talk to her about anything but party orders and her appearance with different armors did not change, so I guess the mod was not working, not active or bugged.

I am a bit confused by how convoluted the discussion here has become, so please let me ask three questions:

1) Should this mod work with RPU v26 when placed into the Fallout2\mods folder?
2) If it is not compatible with RPU v26, is there a chance that it ever will be?
3) I saw mentions of issues with Cassidy because of dialogue introduced with this mod. Is there a chance for a "lite" version of this mod that really only touches Miria? That may also help with compatibility.

Last edited:
I am using RPU v26, had the Alpha 3 of this Better Miria Mod plus xman7373's fix installed way before I entered Modoc, but nothing about Miria had changed once I got into town. I couldn't talk to her about anything but party orders and her appearance with different armors did not change, so I guess the mod was not working, not active or bugged.

I am a bit confused by how convoluted the discussion here has become, so please let me ask three questions:

1) Should this mod work with RPU v26 when placed into the Fallout2\mods folder?
2) If it is not compatible with RPU v26, is there a chance that it ever will be?
3) I saw mentions of issues with Cassidy because of dialogue introduced with this mod. Is there a chance for a "lite" version of this mod that really only touches Miria? That may also help with compatibility.

Use the UP instead.The RPU is dead. The UP has its own Miria mod that works.

Use the UP instead.The RPU is dead. The UP has its own Miria mod that works.

How is RPU dead? It was updated parallel to UPU earlier this year. I also don't see a Miria mod specifically for UPU or any Miria mod from this year for that matter, so what are you referring to? A Miria mod for the old UP and not UPU?

I am pretty much stuck with my playthrough right now because I wanted to make it only me+Miria instead of a private army, but for that the standard RPU Miria is simply too bad.

Last edited:
Hi guys!!! I'm having some problems with the mod, I think I installed it fine, but in the game I'm just having "Error" in all the conversation options, except the one about distance, does anyone know what I could be doing wrong, by the way, my game is in Spanish because it's my native language, I don't know if that maybe the problem.
miriamod.jpg

I haven't booted my Windows 10 VM for a long time, and the only Windows 10 install on a computer which I can reboot at will broke. As a result, I haven't played Fo2 + RPU + Better Miria for a long time, or tested compatibility with newer RPU versions...

ISTR that the latest upload from this mod does not have the changes in Cassidy's conversations. Is that not true ?

I have tested this mod only with English language, Mods probably require special coding in order not to interfere with each other, though. I don't know whether Fo2 mods require special coding to deal with multiple languages; I've seen that mods for newer Fo versions do, at least in some circumstances.

Back