Cthulhu Armageddon

That's the same argument you made before I responded. I can like wacky humor and grim dark.

You act like I can't like the Pitt and Mothership Zeta

Or that Old World Blues and Lonesome Road are mutually exclusive.

Is that your argument?

That both can't be Fallout?

Last edited:
That's the same argument you made before I responded. I can like wacky humor and grim dark.

You act like I can't like the Pit and Mothership Zeta

Is that your argument?

You put "Pit" instead of "Pitt".

Screw you for disrespecting Toddie's grey 25m squared creation.

And yes you can't like two vastly different stories, that's the way life works, sorry to burst your bubble of multiple-enjoyment things. /s

You act like I can't like the Pit and Mothership Zeta

Is that your argument?

The argument is you can't say your preferred Fallout is all grimdark with society perpetually crumbling and then say that the things you love Fallout for are shit like Mothership Zeta and "le pew pew" that don't embody those qualities AT ALL. You say you like grimdark and then praise the games for the exact opposite. They don't fucking go together, they're the EXACT OPPOSITE! You can like The Pitt and Mothership Zeta (not without being a retard for liking that garbage but you can) or Old World Blues and Lonesome road as separate things but niether would work together. Old World Blues would be weird and disjointed with a grimdark and serious section thrown in randomly and the tone of Lonesome Road would be ruined if you threw in wacky 50s pulp science shit in the middle of it.
And yes you can't like two vastly different stories, that's the way life works, sorry to burst your bubble of multiple-enjoyment things. /s
Nice strawman

You can't make one story two vastly different things at the same time.

You put "Pit" instead of "Pitt".

Screw you for disrespecting Toddie's grey 25m squared creation.

Just as I was editing it! :weep:

On a more serious note, I do think that it may just be my style as I like mixing heavy drama and comedy. It's not so much evidence in Cthulhu Armageddon where I play things more or less straight (though my editors state there's a lot of snark and off-beat humor which I'm clearly blind to) but my most famous series is a superhero comedy series which I don't consider a parody. It's just the humor is how the characters deal with the horrible situations around them ala Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

What I really liked about Fallout 3 and may have projected on more than was perhaps there was the fact that it really did feel like a tragedy that nuclear war had happened. The Teddy Bear thrashing in the wind around the nuclear shelter. The couple of skeletons which were entangled together on their death bed. The medical journals around the police station about the people overwhelmed with radiation victims. I loved all of those scenarios. I also love Sierra Petrovita and the Ant-Agonizer's plot. I think it was symbolized in a weird way by the fact Paradise Falls was a place of pure evil which existed in a Big Boy restaurant.

I think it stems from some of my influences like Hellblazer, Judge Dredd, and Warhammer 40K. The over-the-topness of the darknss actually allows the story a little levity. I'm not saying Fallout should be like any of those but do I think Fallout can have "serious" stuff to say about serious thinga s well as be played for both tragedy as well as humor at once? Yes, yes I do. It's certainly an influence in my writing if not this work specifically.

To me, they formed a more perfect union.

The problem is he changes what he thinks the proper and perfect Fallout is constantly and has no consistency.

Fallout: New Vegas is my favorite of the Fallout games BUTTTTT I don't think it's the Platonic ideal of what a Fallout game should be if that makes sense. It feels more like a coda to the series because New Vegas feels mostly optimistic and the "crisis" has really passed. It's like Mothership Zeta is a great DLC and ditto Old World Blues but I wouldn't want the main game to be that way.

I think Fallout 2 is my ideal Fallout game as you had serious stuff like the potential for hate crimes, genocide, slavery, and a child murdering his father next to Hubologists and Dick Richardson.

If we could give Fallout 2's writing to a Bethesda open world then we could have some Witcher 3 level awesome.

I can judge quite a lot of things based on his posts...

Which is your right as an Imperial Stormtrooper.

latest

"YESSSSS, we'll show that CT Phipps that he can't just talk about Fallout like it's a fun game. This is SERIOUS BUSINESS."

The First Order protects your right to free speech.

Fair point, but he has some editors helping out on the books. Imagine a room full of mini Vergils taking out the lore inconsistencies and adding occasional ahem "nationalism" etc.

Cthulhu Armageddon notably had 3 editors and took six rewrites (by me) versus The Rules of Supervillainy which only needed one pass. Creating your own world even using the mythology of another couple of writers is a lot harder than it sounds. I also had some issues with the main characters voice because when I finished it the first time I tried to go for an optimistic heroic tone and it just didn't work. In the end, I decided to go with a much grimmer and less humorous one--though, as stated my editors said I had some genuinely gut-bustingly hilarious moments.

I started this novel 5 years ago and only really got it released now.

Cthulhu Armageddon notably had 3 editors and took six rewrites (by me) versus The Rules of Supervillainy which only needed one pass. Creating your own world even using the mythology of another couple of writers is a lot harder than it sounds. I also had some issues with the main characters voice because when I finished it the first time I tried to go for an optimistic heroic tone and it just didn't work. In the end, I decided to go with a much grimmer and less humorous one--though, as stated my editors said I had some genuinely gut-bustingly hilarious moments.

I started this novel 5 years ago and only really got it released now.
But your editors are smaller versions of Vergil right? I.e right wingers with an unhealthy obsession to anime.

Fallout: New Vegas is my favorite of the Fallout games BUTTTTT I don't think it's the Platonic ideal of what a Fallout game should be if that makes sense.
So your favourite Fallout game isn't what you think a Fallout game should be.... Fallout 2, NOT your favourite game in the series, is closer to what your perfect Fallout is.....
084.png

No, it doesn't make sense.
It feels more like a coda to the series because New Vegas feels mostly optimistic and the "crisis" has really passed.
What the fuck are you talking about? How is New Vegas less canon and more like fanfiction than Fallout fucking 3? New Vegas keeps up with the themes, story and atmosphere of the original fucking LEAGUES above bethesda's shit. The series wasn't supposed to be about grimdark and vain survival in a wasteland that will never get better from a 2 CENTURY year old crisis. Fallout 3 and 4 is WAY more deserving of that title than Obsidians faithful sequel.
It's like Mothership Zeta is a great DLC
Wrong.
and ditto Old World Blues
Don't even compare bethesda's alien shifest to Old World Blues you mongrel.
but I wouldn't want the main game to be that way.
But you've said in the past THIS is why you love Fallount in the thread praising Mothership Zeta!
My love of Fallout can be summarized as such.

Pew-Pew-Kitty-clean_large.jpg
I think Fallout 2 is my ideal Fallout game as you had serious stuff like the potential for hate crimes, genocide, slavery, and a child murdering his father next to Hubologists and Dick Richardson.
Then why isn't it your favourite?
If we could give Fallout 2's writing to a Bethesda open world then we could have some Witcher 3 level awesome.
Oh yea if only we could get the weaker written of the two original Fallout games in one of bethesda's glitchy, empty open worlds it could be at the same level of a slightly above average, overhyped and overrated game.
Ebin
Which is your right as an Imperial Stormtrooper.

latest
....that's not even a Storm Trooper nor a member of the Empire....
jfc
guys pretty hot tho wont lie
Also TFA was shit don't associate me with that garbage.
"YESSSSS, we'll show that CT Phipps that he can't just talk about Fallout like it's a fun game. This is SERIOUS BUSINESS."
This is a forum dedicated to discussing the Fallout games.
If you don't want to get called out when you say stupid shit go to r/fallout
Fair point, but he has some editors helping out on the books. Imagine a room full of mini Vergils taking out the lore inconsistencies and adding occasional ahem "nationalism" etc.
But your editors are smaller versions of Vergil right? I.e right wingers with an unhealthy obsession to anime.
autism

Last edited:

Oh clearly.

Vergil actually does remind me of one of my reviewers who has bought every single one of my books to drop a review about how he hates the characters, feels I'm too PC, and that I should totally change the way my world works so there's more white males and less women, gays, and blacks. I'm like, "why does this guy keep buying my stuff and reading it?"

That's dedication man.

Edit:

Okay, I've apparently broke Vergil with my statements above. I'm actually out of respect to his dedication going to take time to work on a response to all of his points.

See I agreed with your entire post up until you insulted me.
That's it, I'm going left wing and never turning back. Fuck you. Good luck defending Trump on the forum with one sarcastic creature down.
WOW!
Why do you think autism is automatically a negative?
Why do you hate autistic people you fucking bigot?

WOW!
Why do you think autism is automatically a negative?
Why do you hate autistic people you fucking bigot?
I accept everyone no matter race (unless white), gender (unless cis), biological sex (unless born male), sexuality (unless straight without specifying they have an interest in reproduction and secretly long for same sex love).

Okay, here's my response to Vergil's logic breakdown.

1. New Vegas is my favorite of the Fallout games because it blends action, story, characterization, and choice together in a great combination. It's basically making the best of the old games (characterization, story, choice) with the best of the new (shooting, environment). However, New Vegas can't really be the model for the best Fallout game because it feels like it is a post-post-apocalypse game as humanity is dealing with warring nation-states versus struggling for survival and scavenging.

It feels like the "ending" of the Fallout world in the same way Red Dead Redemption was the ending of the Old West. The lawless anarchic period of the world is over and it's becoming civilized, which is not without its cost.

2. The Pew Pew Pew Cat image is a half-jest as while I love the gunplay element of Bethesda's fallout, it's not the entire summary of my love of the genre. It is, perhaps, why I gave Fallout 4 a 9 out of 10 even though I feel it's inferior to Fallout 3 and New Vegas in virtually every single way. It remained entertaining even if I kept thinking it could have been done better if they'd only tried harder.

3. Fallout 2 isn't my favorite of the Fallout games not because of story, which was very very good and the choices, which were amazing, but because New Vegas had the advantage of 3D environments and better gunplay. I feel it's a better FALLOUT game, though, because even though a bunch of city-states have arisen, it's very clear things are very possible going to collapse at any time. Redding is going to have a Race WarTM, the Enclave can wipe out everything, tribal civilizations are being raided by the colonialists of civilization, and Vault City is basically like Rome in that it justifies slavery via its civilization.

Basically, if NCR were to collapse, I'd want it to collapse back into Fallout 2.

4. One area I do think Bethesda has over the original games is their Old World Blues. While they can overdo it, I feel the original games do a poor job of making it seem like the nuclear war was a horrific tragedy that robbed humanity of a great number of things. The timeline and treatment of the war make it seem like it was a good thing for humanity to nuke itself since the Pre-War world was such a shithole. I think Bethesda does a decent job of showing the immense loss and tragedy of the world being nuked.

This makes me sad. So, so sad.
I mean I'm already sad because I shitpost and meme on an internet forum, but this genuinely makes me sad.

To explain in simpler terms, my all time favorite video games are as follows:

1. The Witcher 3
2. Skyrim
3. Fallout: New Vegas
4. Fallout 3
5. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
6. Dragon Age: Origins
7. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
8. Fallout 2
9. Fallout 1
10. Knights of the Old Republic

I think 11 would be Alpha Protocol or Saints Row 2.

I love Dragon Age 2 but it's very much warmed over, hastily made Dragon Age: Origins. Which doesn't mean I don't give it a high rating.

To explain in simpler terms, my all time favorite video games are as follows:

1. The Witcher 3
2. Skyrim
3. Fallout: New Vegas
4. Fallout 3
5. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
6. Dragon Age: Origins
7. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
8. Fallout 2
9. Fallout 1
10. Knights of the Old Republic
:lmao:I'm laughing at you because I have a different opinion to you.

But in all seriousness, fair enough I guess. Played all of them. Some I enjoyed... others... f3... not so much ;)

Back