Cyberpunk 2077 - Coming out on the 10th

I started playing Cyberpunk on my Xbox One S (I play on console primarily, I use my school laptop for older CRPGs), and it's surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be.

It certainly runs like absolute shit, but not to the point of it being unplayable.

I'm excited to continue playing it because it seems like a game right up my alley in terms of my love for Deus Ex and other immersive sims.

By credit I mean just a thank in the credits or something. I mean, Bethesda stole the plot from Autumn Leaves for a quest in Far Harbor without so much as giving credit to the guy. I just feel that is scummy.
But if they did that then they are acknowledging outside 3rd party work in their retail product. I cannot imagine their legal department would allow it.

Ideally (of course) the clause should only be used to protect the studio from modders claiming prior art/rip-off... never used to actually rip off modders.

*Not so much with fiction story arcs, but as for game features, it's very possible that a studio tried (and discarded) a cool feature that someone later develops independently. A studio must protect its ability to create for their own games without fear of what someone else did in a usermod. Using their tools (on their terms) makes the modder's task easier, and grants them permissions to whatever results from using their tools.

I was wondering myself if mod files and asset files could be separated [as loose files] to exclude the assets of from the agreement.

If you write Harry Potter fanfic, you shouldn't expect to get paid for it.
Yes but if you write a Harry Potter fanfic you shouldn’t expect J.K. Rowling to steal your idea and make money off of it. Or maybe you should expect that...

Rowling doesn't offer up her personal notes, and back-fiction to aid the fan-fic author... and if she did, one might expect her to have a similar clause in her terms; using whatever suits her work, even if it overlaps the fan-fiction.

Last edited:
Rowling doesn't offer up her personal notes, and back-fiction to aid the fan-fic author... and if she did, one might expect her to have a similar clause in her terms; using whatever suits her work, even if it overlaps the fan-fiction.
True, I guess written fan fiction isn’t necessarily a good analogy for video game mods.

The agreed cost for using their toolset, and ostensibly to protect the studio's own freedom to inovate.
FNV GECK doesn't have terms or conditions the user has to agree to before using it. :roffle:
You just install it and use it. There's nothing to be agreed on before that. :wiggle:

...And FO3 shipped with an unprotected main executable; at first I was very impressed with them—but it was a mistake on their part, (and mine for being impressed; I should have known better). Obsidian doesn't own the GECK, I bet it's a mistake too. :(

If I were releasing a toolset for a game I had made, I would include the same clause in the terms. You have to protect your own autonomy, and to not include those terms would mean that I would have to know about every usermod made for my game and could not develop new features for my own software without checking if somebody else did it —or even if they just claim to have.

The terms alleviate all of the hassle; I would own it, and not even need to [ever] know about it.

Last edited:
I think one of the big problems is that Bethesda steals from mods and don't contact the modders. It would be one thing if they contacted the modders and say; "Hey man, we love your mod and want something like it or something that was inspired by it in our game or DLC."
Most modders wouldn't mind and would be extremely flattered if Bethesda did something like that as most modders mod for fun and for a passion for the game and not money and getting a little recognition from Bethesda is all they need. I mean, games, movies and tv shows used to add stuff from fan contests or fan works into their works all the time.
The Mandalorian hired cosplayers from the 501st asking them if they wanted to be on the show. They wouldn't receive a lot of pay but they get to be on a Star Wars project. Most jumped at the chance and said yes. Bethesda could have at least contacted the mod authors and tell them that they wanted to add their mods into the game. They would have gotten a lot of good will if they did.

Last edited:
Yes but if you write a Harry Potter fanfic you shouldn’t expect J.K. Rowling to steal your idea and make money off of it. Or maybe you should expect that...
That's her twitter account in a nutshell, cunt is craycray.

I think one of the big problems is that Bethesda steals from mods and don't contact the modders. It would be one thing if they contacted the modders and say; "Hey man, we love your mod and want something like it or something that was inspired by it in our game or DLC."
Most modders wouldn't mind and would be extremely flattered if Bethesda did something like that as most modders mod for fun and for a passion for the game and not money and getting a little recognition from Bethesda is all they need. I mean, games, movies and tv shows used to add stuff from fan contests or fan works into their works all the time.
Apparently the employees like a lot of the modding (a lot of their new mechanics seem to come from mods (wasteland defense and autumn leaves)) I wouldn't mind if Bethesda started doing competitions for designs or quests etc. but they seem to let prime talent like the creator of Falskaar slip out of their hands so I doubt that will ever happen.

I think this video does a good overview of the Cyberpunk drama:

Gonna be honest here and say that some of the ideas taken from mods aren't exactly original. Automatron may have taken from a popular New Vegas mod, but that mod didn't start the idea of building robots. That's been around forever.

Taking story plots without inspiration, yeah, that's kinda scummy. Taking mechanics, that's how the creative World just works.
It's a pot of People looking at the table next to them and taking the answer themselves.

I'm considering buying the game on Xbox One, base Xbox One, out of curiosity to the experience.

I am playing with very dangerous fire.

I just laughed my ass off at CDPR's apology video. Neglects the fact that they purposely told pre-release reviewers to only use clips CDPR would say they could use, basically trying to hide how bugged up the ass the game is. Also forgot to mention the numerous features that were promised and shown in pre-release videos that are not in the game yet.

This whole thing has been a debacle and it's evidence that no company is your friend and every single one is one step away from a disaster like this. For a while CDPR was held up as the "savior" of gaming, specially after the release of Witcher 3, they were basically the opposite of EA, Ubisoft and other greedy companies, and they could do no wrong. No, they are hardly better. Sure, they haven't tried any predatory practices like lootboxes and other bullshit like some other companies, but they are now guilty of releasing a game half assed to try to get as much money from the holiday season.

I'm considering buying the game on Xbox One, base Xbox One, out of curiosity to the experience.

I am playing with very dangerous fire.

Do it, but I'm not sure if Microsoft is still open for refunds today, just in case you won't like it.

Back