Cyberpunk: Edgerunner review

Those "last gen" consoles ran RDD2 a game that does a lot more than CBP2077 and didn't do the anti consumer shit CDPR did.
Yeah, people claiming that the disastrous launch of CP2077 was because it was made for last gen consoles are just inhaling insane amounts of copium. The game was also completely broken in the new console generation too, just proof that last gen consoles had nothing to do with it.

I'm referring to the sequel not the original game when I say last gen consoles. If anything they could chill on the graphics. It wouldn't kill them. I don't know anything about anti consumer practices, haven't read about it. Not familiar with what was promised either. They've put out a lot of patches and content since launch, that should be enough. If they make the same mistakes with the sequel then that's on them. They may have to just hire a lot more people like how Rockstar does if they're going to do projects of the same size.
Well they prevented Reviewers of the console version from... playing on the console, also forbid ALL reviewers from using footage they themselves recorded. They then had a "Gameplay trailer" of the PS4 version that showed PC gameplay. The trailers directly promised customizable vehicles, player houses and they advertised like mad how different the game was gonna be depending on your life path choice. They also threw shit at other developers constantly and then did worse than a Ubisoft game lol

Yeah, nothing there that I'll defend. I'm just hoping they learn their lesson with the next game. We'll see. Overall I had texture glitches and framerate issues. Sometimes cars would bugout. I was on pc though. Only tjing I know is that ps4 and Xbox had a lot of issues but don't know what they were.

Well they will learn they can do it again and make bank as long as they pander to weebs again lol

I don't see any of that as a bad thing though. Last gen consoles struggled with the game anyways and it'd just be a resource sink away from other stuff. I'd rather there be a sequel in the works than a road map or whatever for the current game.
Except the games biggest issues are not it's compatibility or the "bugs" which can be fixed. It's that a large part of the features they promised and hyped up isn't present - and probably never will be - and the story, quests and content are worse compared to the Witcher.

Also, yeah they will probably focus on the Sequel now. What ever if they really learned their lessons though is a whole different question. Because the game was apparantly rather succesfull, despite all the lying and outright manipulation by the studio. What if this tells them that they can deliver a very mediocre product and just have to hype it up till kingdom come to make a big buck? Kinda like Bethesda. So what if the game runs "smoth".

Pretty well explained here by the way :

Like I said. The bugs are the least of the issues, because that is just a "time" problem that can be fixed rather easily by well, giving the developers more time.
Where as the philosophy behind the development, is not so easy to fix - nor to see. For example Cyberpunk 2077 isn't even really much of an RPG at this point.

I like bethesda games though aha...

Yeah, if there are features leftout then that's bad but I think the second game will be in a better place than the first. They've already been through one game like this and they'll want to be able to point to how they've changed when the next game drops. I don't know the details of what happened with missing features but I'd still rather they correct that with a new game vs continuing to putz around with something I already played and liked well enough.

I don't think all the issues with the game are just CDPR being manipulative and evil either. Making a game like this has to be challenging with loads of issues and trying to manage teams, feature creep, bug fixes, deciding what has to get cut and do it all with a deadline.

It doesn't excuse them of the problems of course and I do think they did dishonest stuff. I'm optimistic simce there's not much consequence if I'm wrong and I'd just be radding others posts.

Yeah, if there are features leftout then that's bad but I think the second game will be in a better place than the first.
I think you're missing the point a bit. I am not saying they made a game with the sole intention to be manipulative. I am saying that at some point as the clock was ticking they started eventually to realise, we can not deliver the product as it's promised. And that is where shitty an faulty marketing steped in. And they kinda got away with it. So what is the lesson they will actually learn from here? To throw out more marketing, like a TV show or super hot stars.

They didn't just cut features, which is pretty normal in ANY game development. They delivered a broken product that was not even remotely as engaging as they described it. It was full of false marketing, manipualtion and outright lies. And again. I am not talking about bugs or technical issues. They made a game that's not even really an RPG. It's like their Fallout 4 moment here.

We can all only guess of course why it happend. But I believe there must have been some serious fuck up during the development of the game not because of some accident but due to missmanagement or communication issues. Who knows. Maybe the team behind Cyberpunk 2077 had a certain vision which they worked on for quite some time, and at some point the management came in and said, listen we want you to make this GTA Cyberpunk instead of what you're doing right now or what ever an they had to throw half the work out and realised they had not enough time or experience to deliver what GTA does. Or what ever the new vision was. And what you in the end got, was not a Cyberpunk RPG but a stat driven shooter with linear story. That's it. And that is what I complain about.

I see no reason why this should change with a Sequel now. Go watch the video I posted. Explains it nicely in my opinion.

. Making a game like this has to be challenging with loads of issues and trying to manage teams, feature creep, bug fixes, deciding what has to get cut and do it all with a deadline.
So what. They had like 3-4 times the budged of Witcher 3 and double the time. And still delivered an inferior product compared to W3.

It doesn't excuse them of the problems of course and I do think they did dishonest stuff.
Uh say what now? How did you get that idea? Of course they have been dishonest and done dishonest stuff. The game got removed from the console shops due to their dishonesty.

I think you're missing the point a bit. I am not saying they made a game with the sole intention to be manipulative. I am saying that at some point as the clock was ticking they started eventually to realise, we can not deliver the product as it's promised. And that is where shitty an faulty marketing steped in. And they kinda got away with it. So what is the lesson they will actually learn from here? To throw out more marketing, like a TV show or super hot stars.

They didn't just cut features, which is pretty normal in ANY game development. They delivered a broken product that was not even remotely as engaging as they described it. It was full of false marketing, manipualtion and outright lies. And again. I am not talking about bugs or technical issues. They made a game that's not even really an RPG. It's like their Fallout 4 moment here.

We can all only guess of course why it happend. But I believe there must have been some serious fuck up during the development of the game not because of some accident but due to missmanagement or communication issues. Who knows. Maybe the team behind Cyberpunk 2077 had a certain vision which they worked on for quite some time, and at some point the management came in and said, listen we want you to make this GTA Cyberpunk instead of what you're doing right now or what ever an they had to throw half the work out and realised they had not enough time or experience to deliver what GTA does. Or what ever the new vision was. And what you in the end got, was not a Cyberpunk RPG but a stat driven shooter with linear story. That's it. And that is what I complain about.

I see no reason why this should change with a Sequel now. Go watch the video I posted. Explains it nicely in my opinion.

So what. They had like 3-4 times the budged of Witcher 3 and double the time. And still delivered an inferior product compared to W3.

Uh say what now? How did you get that idea? Of course they have been dishonest and done dishonest stuff. The game got removed from the console shops due to their dishonesty.
I disagree.

Yeah, if there are features leftout then that's bad but I think the second game will be in a better place than the first. They've already been through one game like this and they'll want to be able to point to how they've changed when the next game drops. I don't know the details of what happened with missing features but I'd still rather they correct that with a new game vs continuing to putz around with something I already played and liked well enough.

I don't think all the issues with the game are just CDPR being manipulative and evil either. Making a game like this has to be challenging with loads of issues and trying to manage teams, feature creep, bug fixes, deciding what has to get cut and do it all with a deadline.

It doesn't excuse them of the problems of course and I do think they did dishonest stuff. I'm optimistic simce there's not much consequence if I'm wrong and I'd just be radding others posts.
Considering the fanboys and the official stance on the game is that the game is perfect but just "held back by last gen hardware".... No, this is worse than Todd Howard's disingenous "It just works" because they do actually buy their own hype despite most of the people that build that hype not even being there anymore. A company that quickly grew greedy and abusive making a game called cyberpunk that works it's darnest to defang the genre entirely, kinda poetic.

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

cyberpunk-rebecca-1.jpg_976912859.jpg

Nah, she even has the twintails and everything, that's like the most loli design they could've done. Also they themselves called her a loli so...

It's an anime about higschool kids piloting giant robots to defeat giant aliens, and the robots are piloted by a girl and boy duo and the cockpit looks like that.

It's Evangelion with coom brain and if it wasn't trying to criticize the coom brainess. Also it's yet another anime haunted by the spirit of Shinzo Abe, if you watch it 3 times at night he comes out of the closet and punctures all your condoms.

Back