Cyberpunk: Edgerunner review

Except the games biggest issues are not it's compatibility or the "bugs" which can be fixed. It's that a large part of the features they promised and hyped up isn't present - and probably never will be - and the story, quests and content are worse compared to the Witcher.

I mean, people have basically said "features" and aside from wallrunning, monorail, and a monowire to hack things (you can do it wirelessly bow), the whole "promised features" thing is nonexistent.

The bugs are way way more important.

Frankly, fans made up their own idea of what the game would be.

I just only want to see cool stuff. If the game failed to provide that, then more anime/scripted content.

I mean, people have basically said "features" and aside from wallrunning, monorail, and a monowire to hack things (you can do it wirelessly bow), the whole "promised features" thing is nonexistent.

Nope fans believed the promises and the vide showing the features thay ended up being false.

*Sigh*

NTlllxu.jpg

As once a whise old gamer said, bugs can be fixed. Design stays for ever.

The issue here, for me, is the fact that Cyberpunk 2077 has worse quests, interactivity and plausibility than the Witcher 3. The quests, their structure, the characters and writing is often worse compared to it. There is almost no role playing and very little diversity in the game with the content they have. It's not just about "cut" features. The whole design philosophy is that of a linear shooter and not a role playing game.

Again. Bugs are bad. But bad game design is worse. Bugs can be even fixed by modders - and they often do. But bad gameplay. Bad storytelling. Bad design principles. They can not be fixed. Not really. People tried doing that with Skyrim for example. And it just doesn't work.

Features which the developers have shown in countless of trailers. And haven't corrected till the release of the game when people actually realised that they've been feed bullshit. It's like when Todd Howard says Fallout 3 has a bazillion endings. Or that Oblivion has a true life like day/night circle for their NPCs with real time events playing an importance in the conversation trough "Radiant AI".

That's not stuff people make up in their "own heads".

Yeah, those features that devs outright promised in videos that never made it to the game. The fans imagined that.

As usual you jump to the defense of mediocre ass games that don't need defending.

It's a shame it took for the anime to happen before the biggest fixes to Cyberpynk 2077 happened. i stoppef playing the game for so long because of how broken it was. But damn, is Edgerunners so fucking good. Now im hearing update 1.7 is gonna be the absolute biggest update yet. maybe the game will finally be out of alpha stage, and now in beta

*Sigh*

NTlllxu.jpg

As once a whise old gamer said, bugs can be fixed. Design stays for ever.

The issue here, for me, is the fact that Cyberpunk 2077 has worse quests, interactivity and plausibility than the Witcher 3. The quests, their structure, the characters and writing is often worse compared to it. There is almost no role playing and very little diversity in the game with the content they have. It's not just about "cut" features. The whole design philosophy is that of a linear shooter and not a role playing game.

Again. Bugs are bad. But bad game design is worse. Bugs can be even fixed by modders - and they often do. But bad gameplay. Bad storytelling. Bad design principles. They can not be fixed. Not really. People tried doing that with Skyrim for example. And it just doesn't work.

Features which the developers have shown in countless of trailers. And haven't corrected till the release of the game when people actually realised that they've been feed bullshit. It's like when Todd Howard says Fallout 3 has a bazillion endings. Or that Oblivion has a true life like day/night circle for their NPCs with real time events playing an importance in the conversation trough "Radiant AI".

Would you still say Fallout 3 is worse than Cyberpunk 2077?

I think it is.
I think so too. As broken of a game 2077 was on launch. i at least can see some of the role playing elements of the game and where they honestly tried to implement it with little time and have some fun. Fallout 3 has none whatsoever

Yeah, it was something like 7 or 8 years from the first annoucement till the finished product. Albeit, they probably didn't spend all the time working full time on the new project. They still had to squeze out some Witcher money with "Next Gen Versions".

Which reminds me we haven't seen a "new" Skyrim version in some time now. Huh. I am sure some sucker out there would buy the same game for the 5th time in a row but with bouncy tits physics or something.

Actually one came out recently, the anniversay version on Switch. It runs like shit and costs 70 dollars.

Which reminds me we haven't seen a "new" Skyrim version in some time now. Huh. I am sure some sucker out there would buy the same game for the 5th time in a row but with bouncy tits physics or something.
Actually one came out recently, the anniversay version on Switch. It runs like shit and costs 70 dollars.
Skyrim was also recently released on GOG.com. So you can now own it on yet another gaming platform and without DRM... :look:

I'm aware of this stuff and it's hard to take seriously when they list these things and complain about them. Wallrunning was something they couldn't do because of the way the city was done, the monowire hacking was unnecessary because they made hacking wireless, and a bunch of these other features are just....minor nitpicks.

Tell me, though, which feature you think was so vital that is gone.

The thing about Cyberpunk 2077 is that I don't agree the game didn't have nearly the diversity of gameplay or decision making it needed. Bluntly, though, I think we all know the reason why. The game was flat out unfinished at launch in a way resembling KOTOR 2. I mean UNFINSIHED. Not just in the sense of not having all of the choices the game should have but in the sense of being unable to run due to the massive amounts of bugs.

I can guess there was probably a bunch of more branching storytelling earlier on and more roleplaying choices but the game was unable to be finished for its release with a year's delay as is let alone working heavily to make better options storywise.

The Witcher 3 benefits strongly from the fact that they had strong characters and two previous games to draw from.

I wish they'd stuck with making V a more well-defined protagonist as that would have been where they shined.

Oh i found out as of update 1.5, you can now buy other apartments or customize them and the one started out with. and you can play the guitar now in the westbrook one. Fuck, now this makes me want to get a new gaming pc and wait for update 1.7 and get modding tools

The thing about Cyberpunk 2077 is that I don't agree the game didn't have nearly the diversity of gameplay or decision making it needed. Bluntly, though, I think we all know the reason why. The game was flat out unfinished at launch in a way resembling KOTOR 2. I mean UNFINSIHED. Not just in the sense of not having all of the choices the game should have but in the sense of being unable to run due to the massive amounts of bugs.

I can guess there was probably a bunch of more branching storytelling earlier on and more roleplaying choices but the game was unable to be finished for its release with a year's delay as is let alone working heavily to make better options storywise.

The Witcher 3 benefits strongly from the fact that they had strong characters and two previous games to draw from.

I wish they'd stuck with making V a more well-defined protagonist as that would have been where they shined.

How can a game be this unfinished after 10 years of development?
It's ok if you like the game, I like some rackety pices of shit games as well, just don't repeat verbatim the absolutely non sensical excuses and deflections.

THe idea that Witcher 3 benefited from pre-existing characters is also kinda non sensical, numerous games are not based on existing material at all and they don't have the same narrative problems, to begin with The Witcher 3 isn't even that loyal to the source material in tone or characterization and most of the characters are original to that game.

Not even Witcher 3.

Well Witcher 3 NPCs do have routines but that game is also not focused on one city you mostly go around the countryside tending to quests that are more complex than "Vi go sneak that shit".

Back