Disco Elysium OUT NOW (previously: No Truce With The Furies)

I am talking about the age old 'communist/Marxist' bogeyman.
How would you (anarchist coptype ) play that overrated game !?

Tell the shady stereotype union official to confess his sins? Tell the knuckle-head ' Arnie ' racist he was a sinner?
Consult Kant ?
21 armies of imperialism fought against the red army trying to wreck a workers revolution.
You fail to grasp capitalism and it's fake Christianity has killed billions.
Islam has also turned a monotheistic dogma into a hate machine.

When cowboys shout JIHAAAD and massacre indigenous peoples and innocent buffalo/bison, Fallout called it Shady Sands.
So strangling commies is your goal ? Christ was a commie, early peoples were commies.

Communism is GOOD. Anarchism is pie in the sky.

Even the drunk bizzie jigging to that weird techno beat was not as deluded as yow m8 ;p

Most of that is confused bollocks tbh.
Another cop out (pun) who describes him/herself as an anarchist, ( what's new ffs?)
Anarchists never fought in the Russian revolution ?
Anarchists never fought in the Spanish civil war ?
Is JC responsible for the carnage caused by christians ?
Is Marx responsible for the lunacy carried out by Pol Pot or Mugabe.

Does communism follow a straight path.?
The game is NOT open world. Is not a top down or Iso rpg. It's a glorified point and click where you click on the now common points of interest.
I played it a few years ago but constantly re-loaded to spend XP different or take a slightly different path, which is nigh on impossible as it is so linear.

Oops sorry my inner demons took control. Nicotine withdrawal.
He might not know what you mean by that anarchy comment but I read you loud and clear. Such a tiny little game for all the fuss people give it.

I am talking about the age old 'communist/Marxist' bogeyman.
How would you (anarchist coptype ) play that overrated game !?

Tell the shady stereotype union official to confess his sins? Tell the knuckle-head ' Arnie ' racist he was a sinner?
Consult Kant ?
21 armies of imperialism fought against the red army trying to wreck a workers revolution.
You fail to grasp capitalism and it's fake Christianity has killed billions.
Islam has also turned a monotheistic dogma into a hate machine.

When cowboys shout JIHAAAD and massacre indigenous peoples and innocent buffalo/bison, Fallout called it Shady Sands.
So strangling commies is your goal ? Christ was a commie, early peoples were commies.

Communism is GOOD. Anarchism is pie in the sky.

Even the drunk bizzie jigging to that weird techno beat was not as deluded as yow m8 ;p

Ah.

The "religion has killed more people than communism defense. Therefore communism good. Anarchy is useless, communism is the true path."

+1 point for the "you can't be an anarchist because you're not HARDCORE enough" which is literally a plotline in the game.

Got it.

To clarify, I am against heirarchies in all government and radically pro-democracy and believe in government only so much as to destroy the ability to exert authority on the public, including from private groups that might seize power. Any authoritarian period before a true society will never happen.

Also, my Christianity is motivated by my anarchism and vice versa.

So thanks for taking the time top explain.

Last edited:
In stark contrast to the actual game, the inane political discussions that seem to always come when people are discussing it are So. Not. Disco. Detective Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau would never stand for this shit.

I played it a few years ago but constantly re-loaded to spend XP different or take a slightly different path, which is nigh on impossible as it is so linear.
That's an easy mistake to make but a mistake alright. Once the game is going, just roll with the punches. Failed a skillcheck? Fuck it, often the failures are more entertaining than the alternative. Going with a different signature skill on a second playthrough can lead to a quite different experience imho. Go with Encyclopedia to get more background info on literally everything. Go with Shivers and listen to what the wind tells you about the city. Invest heavily in Esprit de Corps and understand what makes your estranged colleagues tick.

My inner antichrist tells me to tell you to fuck off. I only care for little coono and cooness and hope with all my heart they develop into masters of sambo.

On the plus side the voice acting/ narration is very good.

My inner activist prompted me to write this PS.
@TorontoReign I know you get me, many don't. Takes a loon to know a loon :)

@Mr Fish . I have only ever changed your name when asked.

@CT Phipps I hope the hierarchy of hebben welcomes you with open psalms.

Last edited:
Back