E3 Fallout News Thread

'Member when you could discuss media without people having to go on "Anti SJW vs SJW" rants? I member.

I will be fair:
The atmosphere looks better, no longer does it look like an overexposed photo of a plastic model like in FO4. Setting could be interesting seeing that there are already a few new critters in the trailer and no Super Mutants and shit. It being set so early in the timeline could help with easing on their over use of the BOS. There seem to be various Vault Dwellers running around, potential for yet another search of a sibiling.

Not getting my hopes up tho, and unless I see a Skill menu and multiple dialogue choices my interest will remain at 0%.

I've had some mindless fun with first one and Dead Islands, but I hope that they didn't just hire him for looks and there'll be actual story this time.

the kind of political incorrectness in Black Isle Fallout and the kind of "political incorrectness" you're talking about are in a totally different ballpark. Let's not pretend otherwise
No I'm being honest there is no difference in what I talk about. Its not a hard concept to wrap your head around, you claim that SJW BS have nothing to do with fallout, but I will always counter that with Bethesda trying hard not to give them reason to complain about anything, by being so mediocre and mainstream, F3,4 with almost no RPG elements, they just cash cows of their time nothing more.
Child killing, slavery and rape in the context of a post-nuclear setting is completely different to inanely whinging about muslims and women on the internet.
Hmm, why you associate SJW with these two alone I have no idea, like I said they will bitch about anything, starting from higher politics to most stupid concepts. And yes it affect mainstream media directly, don't try to deny it, it wouldn't be wise in my opinion, media popular in the old days and now are two different beasts for the most part. There are many examples some games were changed because someone was offended and you know it.
Putting aside the fact that Metal Gear Solid V, a game released three years ago and the best selling game of it's franchise, had African child soldiers in it which you can beat up and recruit to your private millitary company and was about one tiny step away from letting you kill them, and nobody gave a single shit (much in the same way people don't look back on Fallout 1/2 with disgust over it's features)
  1. That's why I said you just need to have balls to be pushing boundaries, repeating is so counter productive, please lets cooperate and avoid that by carefully reading every message everyone that participates writes. It's hard to create real life choices, not impossible.

2. By people I guess you mean gamers, and SJW are different thing entirely, lets not confuse things. They will jump on anything that is mostly fresh to ride the hype train like a horde of mindless monkeys, its not like they actually care about anything bad or fucked up that happens in the world. As for the gamers, judging by our memories F1,2 were the best for their harsh setting and lots of options for role playing, so obviously people look back at those games with love.
The fears over child killing in Gamebryo games is less out of the principle itself and more out of the visceral nature that would come along with doing that in a 3D setting, and it's less the ess jay doubleyous that developers are fearful of and moreso the soccer moms watching CNN or Fox News telling them about this new kid killing game where you viscerally chop off ten year old heads with a chainsaw. The fact that nobody gives a single shit about child killing mods in any internet community should be evidence enough to this.

1. Who gives a damn about what someones mom thinks about Fallout, its an adult game for adult RPG fans, end of story, that's exactly the kind of crap that flushes F3,4 in the shitter as a Fallout game. Fallout devs or fans shouldn't be bothering themselves with that after the breakthroughs F1,2 made, children have no business playing it by law, they will have to be sneaky if they want to, that what we did when we were kids, and it was awesome, watching something you shouldn't watch or play something you shouldn't be playing.

2. 3d setting claim is so bad, back in the day the graphics you see in classic games were much more ahead of their time and more believable than any eyesore visual green\brown crap Bethesda created with the abomination of an engine they run, for their time Fallout 3,4 look outdated, less believable.
  3. Mods aren't mainstream they are for the hardcore crowd, I wont believe for a second that if there is a mod where you can do some fucked up shit will be officially sold by Bethesda. And no one complain about them because you wont hear about them unless you do an extensive research.
  4. As for other topics, 1/2 didn't really do that much more than 3 or New Vegas
    Wow, don't do much? You got to be kidding me, I wont even comment on that, it's not serious argument by any means. Also why you place Vegas with Fallout 3? I never mentioned Vegas, in fact no one did, it wasn't made by Beth, and the lack of some options and shitty visuals are only explained by Bethesda owning the IP, Vegas is a very good modern Fallout, and placing it at the same shelf as F3 wouldn't be something most people would do. You say SJW hysteria and dark themes explored in Fallout are different things, and I agree, never said anything different, what I meant always is that looking at what Beth is doing with the IP, you can obviously tell where their priority is, they try to avoid controversy in political themes and making it mainstream while stripping every rpg element, thing that kids can play they mom's be happy and no one to offend. While F1,2 did the exact opposite.

Last edited:
It's funny. When they initially dropped the trialer, I actually thought Bethesda had some original ideas, especially when it came to mutants. As it turns out, not only will this game have Super Mutants and Deathclaws, but all of the seemingly new creatures are either lifted from Appalachian folklore, or are done to be stupid fantasy creatures with stupid names like "SNAGGLEGASTER" or "RADTIGGER". I thought when we saw that behemoth looking thing that it would be handled soberly, as one of the myriad horros generated in the aftermath of a nuclear apocalypse, a sober and horrific glimpse at what happens when man lets his lust for violence consume him. It creates monsters.

But no, it's a fucking monster you kill to earn five bethes-bux. Also nukes are fun, blow the map to pieces LMAO

Child killing, slavery and rape in the context of a post-nuclear setting is completely different to inanely whinging about muslims and women on the internet. You know that, you're just being a bit dishonest for the sake of argument.
Where in my post I was implying these 2 things are one and the same? What I was trying to say is that if developers can get crucified on the internet for something so trivial like that, what would you think is gonna happen when developers so much as trying to tackle more sensitive topics on their games and release them in the current year?

Putting aside the fact that Metal Gear Solid V, a game released three years ago and the best selling game of it's franchise, had African child soldiers in it which you can beat up and recruit to your private millitary company and was about one tiny step away from letting you kill them, and nobody gave a single shit
Except you're forgetting that MGS series were made by Japanese. Japan will always Japan, obviously at this point people will kind of let them off the hook when it comes to shit like this. Now think about what would happen if developers like Obsidian, or even Bethesda, tried to release a game like Fallout 1 and 2, where players can have opportunities like killing children, rape and enslave people, and various other things you can do that's considered 'politically incorrect' in the current year.

(much in the same way people don't look back on Fallout 1/2 with disgust over it's features).
I mean, they already have a patch that COMPLETELY removes children from the game, in GOG version http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-1-gog-com-version-will-never-have-children.196587/ and iirc German version of the games were heavily censored as to not have children and blood in it.

The fears over child killing in Gamebryo games is less out of the principle itself and more out of the visceral nature that would come along with doing that in a 3D setting, and it's less the ess jay doubleyous that developers are fearful of and moreso the soccer moms watching CNN or Fox News telling them about this new kid killing game where you viscerally chop off ten year old heads with a chainsaw.
You're saying as if the way Fallout 1 and 2 depict it are less vicious than if Gamebryo games are going to do it. I mean, come on, sledgehammer to a child's groin? Also, stuff like, "Child was critically hit for 159 hit points. Now this young child will never really experience life." appearing in the text description box.
Also, you're insinuating that the developers would somehow pointed out to their audience that they can chop off ten year old heads with a chainsaw to the point that they might appear on CNN or Fox News. Interplay/Black Isle never did any of that, but players can still do it anyway, because there's not as much sensitivity back then as with the current year, which is Dionis's point all along.

The fact that nobody gives a single shit about child killing mods in any internet community should be evidence enough to this.
Yeah, but nobody also gives a single shit about loverslab mods. As if official content released by developers can get away as easily.

As for other topics, 1/2 didn't really do that much more than 3 or New Vegas. New Vegas had rape (although if I recall I dont think the Courier themselves can be raped) in various forms, it had slaves both adult and child and it had in-game lore about child soldiers being used as cannon fodder. Again, nobody cared. Legit the only reason child killer isn't a thing in NV or 3 is because it's a little too visceral for a vanilla widespread release. Not because of SJW oppression.
If nobody cared, then why it's missing? I mean, again, developers obviously don't have to point out in their marketing or whatever to their target audience, just like they did in Fallout 1 and 2, but why it's still missing anyway?
Anyway, 3 and NV was released in 2008 and 2010, respectively. When I said 'the current year', I mean 2014/2015 or whatever year when this whole bullcrap first spawned and on ward. At the time of the released of 3 and NV, people are not as sensitive as with the current year, which is, again, Dionis's point all along.

i.e a dude has his own opinions re-stated and exposed by others, it makes him look shitty and he resigns. That's the way of the world. Chat shit, get hit. Not to mention, as I said, there's a sea of difference between the inane reactionary vs SJW shit and actually dark/challenging stuff that Fallout presents.
Yeah, yeah, so call me again when stuff present in Fallout 1 and 2 can get released in a game during the current year without it getting shit-talked and its developers crucified to oblivion by people who's oversensitive about these things.

"It's the apocalypse, not a theme Park"

Does Todd read these forums?

Because he clearly didn't learn anything.

@Black Angel Yeap, I couldn't agree more on what you said about about Japanese developers, the stuff that gets released there would be impossible to see the light of day in the Western world, I remember clearly an article of some feminists complaining about a series of games where you stalk and rape women, the shit is crazy. Tells you something about culture differences. But it's all hypocrisy, if a series makes enough money they will import that stuff all day long from Japan, but will never produce something like that in EU or US, well not in this day and age that's for fucking sure, too oversensitive about everything to make that happen. Fallout suffers greatly because of that, it needs to be darker, anyone thinking otherwise would be wrong. But mainstream sells, and mainstream cannot be weird or break any rules that some entitled individuals set upon everything, better watch out otherwise the thought police will come and get you... it's absurd. People get fired, people are made so censor asses or certain poses, people are made to create black people in WW2 German army for the sake of being politically correct. It's a joke, Fallout should never be like this, it seems the last proper Fallout will be New Vegas and that was so long ago.

He does have a point that it is childish and low brow though.
Obviously.
This one's also good:
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005929435126611969
Your Cyberpunk is too gritty and nihilistic!!
There was also some delicious outrage over Metal Wolf Chaos using the tagline "Mech America Great Again"
DfYcETEVMAAVR9Y.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/polclarissou/status/1005943833455157249
It will never be enough. Or done right.

He does have a point that it is childish and low brow though.

Yeah, I don't like the guy, buy he does have a very good point. I find myself 50/50 on his arguments these days to be honest, he'll make a point that hits bullseye or will completely miss the target. Overall, I'm glad his kind exist to only critique games for the better, after all, this was one of the main complaints most of us had about the game.

Obviously.
This one's also good:
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005929435126611969
Your Cyberpunk is too gritty and nihilistic!!
There was also some delicious outrage over Metal Wolf Chaos using the tagline "Mech America Great Again"
DfYcETEVMAAVR9Y.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/polclarissou/status/1005943833455157249
It will never be enough. Or done right.

Eugh, I found it kind of hilarious. I took it as more of a jab at Trump than anything, especially considering how over the top the game actually looks.

there is, racism, slavery, prostitution, child killing, rape, drugs, torture, gambling and generally many unpleasant thingies around

Aside from child killing, which was cut in versions of Fo1, those are in NV, which comes after Bethesda got there hands on it. Most of them are in Fo3 too. Gambling isn't exactly taboo. Child killing is a dumb thing to fixate on.

What, care and think, has to do anything with SJWs?

You mentioned sensitivity in a post about how people react to things. If they react it's because they care. This is not rocket science.

Also, NMLevesque you're also seems like you are out of touch with what's going on in the Current Year™. Already, a developer from Obsidian quits because his 'politically-incorrect' opinions across the internet were found by, you guess it, SJWs and the likes of them http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/06/g...rriors-crucify-him-for-conservative-opinions/. Now, would you seriously think any game like Fallout 1 and 2 can get released in the Current Year™ and get away with it? Because obviously, they can't, and that's the point Dionis been making all along.

XD
Nice source.
If 'conservative opinion' amounts to 'virulently misogynistic' then yes, sometimes people get fired for making their employers look shitty. That's life. It's nothing new. People who complain about SJWs are objectively morons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from child killing, which was cut in versions of Fo1, those are in NV, which comes after Bethesda got there hands on it. Most of them are in Fo3 too. Gambling isn't exactly taboo. Child killing is a dumb thing to fixate on.
Dionis's talking about the Current Year, mate. New Vegas was released in a time of relative peace, where people aren't easily offended by anything so trivial, which is the Current Year.
And again, do you think anything remotely resembles Fallout 1 and 2 can be released in this day and age, without it getting criticized for being 'politically incorrect'?

XD
Nice source.
If 'conservative opinion' amounts to 'virulently misogynistic' then yes, sometimes people get fired for making their employers look shitty. That's life. It's nothing new. People who complain about SJWs are objectively morons.
Should I share a link to a Codex thread talking about this instead? I also haven't mentioned that, iirc, the guy I'm referring to was actually tagged as a 'Cuck' in the Codex, because he apologized to SJWs. And even, then, how exactly the developer makes their employers look shitty in any way?
And you want to know who's more moronic? Those who are crucifying people online, simply, because they have different opinions. Even more moronic to think one man's personal opinion, who's happen to be an employee of huge company, in any way represent that company's line of thinking, to the point of concluding that the employee is making their employers look shitty, simply, because the employee has a personal opinion that's supposedly have nothing to do with their jobs and profession.

And yes, that's life now, in the current year, where someone's works are being associated with their personal opinion. Or how one man's line of thinking has anything to do with the place they're working for.

Dionis's talking about the Current Year, mate. New Vegas was released in a time of relative peace, where people aren't easily offended by anything so trivial, which is the Current Year.
And again, do you think anything remotely resembles Fallout 1 and 2 can be released in this day and age, without it getting criticized for being 'politically incorrect'?

Should I share a link to a Codex thread talking about this instead? I also haven't mentioned that, iirc, the guy I'm referring to was actually tagged as a 'Cuck' in the Codex, because he apologized to SJWs. And even, then, how exactly the developer makes their employers look shitty in any way?
And you want to know who's more moronic? Those who are crucifying people online, simply, because they have different opinions. Even more moronic to think one man's personal opinion, who's happen to be an employee of huge company, in any way represent that company's line of thinking, to the point of concluding that the employee is making their employers look shitty, simply, because the employee has a personal opinion that's supposedly have nothing to do with their jobs and profession.

And yes, that's life now, in the current year, where someone's works are being associated with their personal opinion. Or how one man's line of thinking has anything to do with the place they're working for.

All this because one sees SJWs in everything despite the original haters of video games, including violence and child killing, were right-wing and religious nuts....

And yes, F1 and 2 can be released today. They're not fucking political-racist games. Hell 1 would probably be loved by the right for being against collectivism and 2 by the left against a racist US gov remnant.

All this because one sees SJWs in everything despite the original haters of video games, including violence and child killing, were right-wing and religious nuts....

And yes, F1 and 2 can be released today. They're not fucking political-racist games. Hell 1 would probably be loved by the right for being against collectivism and 2 by the left against a racist US gov remnant.
Really?...
Putin-Laughing.jpg

Back