E3 Fallout News Thread

Being considerate is fucking retarded, you poof.

Sorry, had to do that. You're right, though, despite people not actually trying to be actively homophobic or ableist, using these slurs kinda does perpetuate their use.

Isn't this the guy that said that saying Fallout 4 is bad is disrespectful? I can't honestly take anything that guy says seriously after that. And his fanboyism for Bethesda's Fallouts seems to be even worse according to Cobra Commander.
I hink the sarcasm on the original post is obvious.

I hink the sarcasm on the original post is obvious.
I know Alphons was being sarcastic because Mr.Mattyplays is known for sucking Bethesda's dick. I was just pointing out that he said one of the stupidest things i ever heard in my life.

How will the setting for Vault 76 be interesting? It will only take place 20 years after the great war so there will likely be even LESS civilization than in Fallout 4/3. I was discussing this on the Fallout discord and it's filled with people who hated on me for wanting an answer to why people get hyped up over what's just probably going to be a game completely based around looting, and they said that's what they want out of Fallout. I do not get it, why is there so many people who pretend to hate Bethesda products after the fact but then shill, defend, and fall for the hype that Bethesda generates?

How will the setting for Vault 76 be interesting? It will only take place 20 years after the great war so there will likely be even LESS civilization than in Fallout 4/3. I was discussing this on the Fallout discord and it's filled with people who hated on me for wanting an answer to why people get hyped up over what's just probably going to be a game completely based around looting, and they said that's what they want out of Fallout. I do not get it, why is there so many people who pretend to hate Bethesda products after the fact but then shill, defend, and fall for the hype that Bethesda generates?

I know right. It's almost as if there are multiple groups of people with different taste in games. Crazy.

Another rumor from someone that predicted 76 before it was announced said a F3 remaster will also be announced. They could be just parroting the info from December that leaked the name though and adding in nonsense.

Either way Bethesda is creatively bankrupt.

They copy mods. They copy fads that already kicked off and had their peak. They copy so well the same engine has been used on their games for almost 20 years, but they keep retooling it as NEW AND TASTY to fool the people that DON'T use the Creation Engine and see how botched the whole thing is. Maybe you should have left all the settlement shit out of Fallout 4 if you were going to do this. Eh Bethesda? Maybe the settlements all over the map would have had NPC's with dialog and quests and stuff. Possibly giving this game more of a reason to exist and the previous game more focus.

Nah, that would kinda involve actual game DESIGN not brainstorm sessions where we just ya know go with the flow and add whatever.

I need more info on this to have an initial opinion, going off of rumours seems rather silly.

BUT, if the rumours do turn out to be true, then this could be the final nail in this jaded franchise.

God I wish it was so but you know that they will continue to milk Fallout, and the Bethesda sycophants will continue to lap it up.
Unless it really no longer makes any money Bethesda will continue to make Fallout titles, how increasingly terrible they may be.

I know right. It's almost as if there are multiple groups of people with different taste in games. Crazy.

Which is why the series really needs to split. Let rpg fans get an actual rpg made by some other company with the same engine, or a smaller budget. And Bethesda can keep cranking out total crap. It's not like they give a shit about continuity errors, so they can be separate universes.

I have no choice but to watch the reveal at E3 since it's related to my fav franchise, but I won't get excited and sure as HELL won't buy that shit, the same way I didn't buy Fallout 4.
It's simple the way I see it, no one can recapture the magic the original team had, and honestly, I don't even want ANYONE even try that anymore. In my mind nothing exists outside F1,2 and NV.
Fallout 1 was a perfect storm product. It was made at the right time, when the right movies and books were popular, started by a single one underdog developer, when there was no BS sensitivity over every dumb racial or sex problem around in the world, back when old school RPGs were popular.
Sadly times changed, Fallout changed. And honesty why should any of us give a fuck anymore. We have our games, no one takes them from us, we better mod and continue doing so the way we always had.

B-but... but.... Fallout of Nevada? Fallout 1.5: Resurrection? :puppy-dog:
We have Sonora on the way, prolly going to take them as long as Nevada but I will be waiting as long as I have to.
Don't worry brother those two already got legendary status under Fallout 2 mods belt, of course I meant them too.

I really wish it was more easier to organize people online such as finding people with talents and skills, who have the time and are dedicated, to work together to make a Fallout mod.
But big mods, especially attempts at doing Total Conversions always have a tendency to fizzle out once the initial interest is gone.

Examples, Fallout 1 in FNV, Fallout Lonestar (on hiatus but you can consider it cancelled)

But in general, when the head of the project is also not one of the main designers/programmers the project never lasts long.

Back