E3 Fallout News Thread

Sad.jpg

I was actually reminded of a Mother 3 meme when Bethesda announced something related to Fallout.

I could really go for some ice cream, to bad I am on a diet.

Unless Bethesda is actively hiring another company to make this, I'm not going to buy it.

I have absolutely no faith in Bethesda to produce even a halfway competent Fallout game. I'm not going to waste money on something I know I'll hate.

Unless Bethesda is actively hiring another company to make this, I'm not going to buy it.

I have absolutely no faith in Bethesda to produce even a halfway competent Fallout game. I'm not going to waste money on something I know I'll hate.

Does it count as "another"-ish if BGS Austin is making it with BGS prime?
Apparently BGS is split between helping on this and Starfield.

(obviously I have no interest)

If it turns out to be a multiplayer game that would suck honestly. I was hoping from the trailer that it was going to be a 70's themed Fallout. There aren't many games themed from the 70's in general and this seems like such a missed chance for it. Especially since another developer like Obsidian, Arcanium, or CD Project Red could have done a lot more with it.

More info/rumors from Schreier at Kotaku:
https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333

Originally prototyped as a multiplayer version of Fallout 4 with the goal of envisioning what an online Fallout game might look like, Fallout 76 has evolved quite a bit over the past few years, those sources said. It will have quests and a story, like any other game from Bethesda Game Studios, a developer known for meaty RPGs like Skyrim. It will also feature base-building—just like 2015's Fallout 4—and other survival-based and multiplayer mechanics, according to those sources. One source cautioned that the gameplay is rapidly changing, like it does in many online “service” games, but that’s the core outline.

The only thing I found interesting from the trailer was the use of the John Denver cover- its the most recently written song that has ever featured in a Fallout opening- along with the colour TV, it makes me think it the aesthetic will be later into the 20thC than Bethesda has done before. After all the bombs did drop in the 2070s

Disco vault confirmed?

Good points. Maybe they are letting these unnumbered Fallouts go wild and we are going to see an entirely new tone here. Don't know about buying it but I am intrigued enough to follow it.

Also looks from the poster like the Vault was to be evacuated in 2076, while Pipboy says 2102 so the dude must have found it abandoned (also dirty backpack and stuff on bed hint that he came from the outside). Looks like he just puts on a clean suit and is not necessarily from there. Also there doesn't seem to be any sign of trouble.

My guess is this guy found this vault, saw that the people there were civilized and happy (board games, soccer field, gold clubs, balloons, etc), they left to reclaim the surface and he decided to find their happy surface town but the truth is much more sinister than that because Bethesda.

Here's the rumour and discussion thread, btw.
Good points. Maybe they are letting these unnumbered Fallouts go wild and we are going to see an entirely new tone here. Don't know about buying it but I am intrigued enough to follow it.

Also looks from the poster like the Vault was to be evacuated in 2076, while Pipboy says 2102 so the dude must have found it abandoned (also dirty backpack and stuff on bed hint that he came from the outside). Looks like he just puts on a clean suit and is not necessarily from there. Also there doesn't seem to be any sign of trouble.

My guess is this guy found this vault, saw that the people there were civilized and happy (board games, soccer field, gold clubs, balloons, etc), they left to reclaim the surface and he decided to find their happy surface town but the truth is much more sinister than that because Bethesda.
Dunno, why would the vault be evacuated in 2076 when the War hadn't even happened yet?
The poster is about the US existing from 1776 to 2076 and Vault 76 being the official vault of the tricentennial.

Here's the rumour and discussion thread, btw.

Dunno, why would the vault be evacuated in 2076 when the War hadn't even happened yet?
The poster is about the US existing from 1776 to 2076 and Vault 76 being the official vault of the tricentennial.

You're right about the poster. I didn't notice the 1776. Nevermind then. Does look like he came from outside but who the fuck knows what that means.

Here's the in-depth, completely unbiased analysis from the voice of FO community

I'm deeply afraid that they'll just completely throw out RP out of Fallout franchise with this and we'll get RETARDCRAFT: FO Edition with some basic crafting and quests.
If it's centered around building I can't imagine playing it without something like Sim Settlements.

Thank you for the informations. I'm clearly not the target audience for this game, so I'll pass.

Did this with Tatics, did with the F4 DLCs and now I'll do it again. It's easier than it looks.

I on the other hand find it very difficult to let go of things that I used to like such as Fallout or Star Trek.
Perhaps because they have been such a big part of my life for so long I have become sort of stuck in them.

But in general I have not liked Star Trek for more than eighteen years now (eventually I did watch some of Enterprise despite loathing it at first), and the Fallout franchise out of Fallout New Vegas has also not been so enjoyable for me as I do not like the changes in lore, the simplification of gameplay, design intended for a different focus group.

I actually did like Tactics. Perhaps I should play that again.
I even admit that I have a copy of FOBOS/FOPOS I played several times. Weird that I consider Fallout 4 to be worse or at least equally as bad but still more boring.

I on the other hand find it very difficult to let go of things that I used to like such as Fallout or Star Trek.
Perhaps because they have been such a big part of my life.

Fair enough. It is the same to me for Rock and Roll. I think the last """"""""""""""""new"""""""""""""""" band I liked was Bush. And this already has 15 years lol

Anyway, I bet my money that this game will have a copy of Necropolis, just to justify the ghouls.

I hate that guy. He represents everything I hate about the bethesda fallout community.

Before the announcement of Fallout 4, I was subscribe in his channel. He was just a nice kid, talking about rumors of a possible new Fallout. Only that.

But then he started behaving like the typical bethesdafag and even does not accept that people like NV more than F3. Alas, he does not accept that people can not like the Bethesda´s Fallouts AT ALL.

There is even a video of him that he has joined with another fagot (lone wanderer or something like this) to PROVE that the 3 is better and if you think differently, you are wrong and out of the community tuning.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the shot of the Vault the poster says "Reclamation day" and there is obviously party decorations around.

Colonization of the Post war world by the Vault citizens I am guessing, will probably end in death, and you will go looking for some lost family member.

EDIT:
Vault 76 is in Virginia apparently. Anyone more familiar with US geography tell me what this means locationwise in relation to previous games.

The Pentagon. It's fairly close to DC so they are staying close to home as usual.

Back