Fallout 1 or Fallout New Vegas?

Right, and it shouldn't have to be said every single time you talk about New Vegas. You know what I like about New Vegas? I like how you can run from Hoover Dam to New Vegas in like five minutes.

It is definitely the extended content and lore that works for me.
Gameplay wise it could probably have done with some more additions.

I blame that on this game having to be cross platform (and of course using the foundations of another game)

Whilst I think the isometric perspective is much better in enabling your character to be physically shaped by your stats and certainly does allow the game to much easier replicate a pen and paper tabletop, I don't think the perspective is what defines Fallout.
Except that this very aspect/strength is part of it.

Fallout was GURPS on the PC; that was always the intention, and it shows. Even though they lost the license, they did not fundamentally change the game they had worked on for three years.

Fallout_Perspective.jpg

Yeah, I find it hard to disagree. My opinion on this has changed massively on this over the last two years with developing my own version of Fallout PnP and running a campaign. I used the original games as my "bible" for content/rulings, and it was shocking how easily stuff translated. It boosted my respect of the games tenfold.

Still, I'm wriggling a bit because I enjoy walking around the Mojave in the boots of my Courier, travelling the road and listening to In the Shadow of the Valley on my radio, heading off to go find the Brotherhood of Steel or work bounties for the NCR. On a technical argument, I can't really disagree.

Still, I'm wriggling a bit because I enjoy walking around the Mojave in the boots of my Courier, travelling the road and listening to In the Shadow of the Valley on my radio, heading off to go find the Brotherhood of Steel or work bounties for the NCR. On a technical argument, I can't really disagree.

Well had FNV been a spin off for example set between Fallout 2 and Fallout Van Buren that is more action oriented it would have worked off well.
It would still lack some of the design features the traditional games have but that would not be an issue as it tries to be something different.

But adapting Fallout's isometric gameplay into a first person game's gameplay would always result in a different experience.

Fellas. We just need to sit down and accept Fallout 2 as the superior role-playing post-apocalyptic Role Playing Game.

Only if you don't mind retarded shit. Most people should be used to it by now since we live in 2020.

Only if you don't mind retarded shit. Most people should be used to it by now since we live in 2020.
on a serious note never understood why people shit on F2 so much. i understand that its very cartoonish but that was always very charming to me, Fallout has never really been very grounded and F2 embracing that more is a lot of fun.

Because Fallout 2 has ghosts, Skynet, scorpions that play chess, and a lot of pop culture references in the actual dialog of the game. It's goofier. Not as good thematically as the first game.

Because Fallout 2 has ghosts, Skynet, scorpions that play chess, and a lot of pop culture references in the actual dialog of the game. It's goofier. Not as good thematically as the first game.
it is a much less tightly knit game as F1 but that was always charming to me. i understand though.

I like Fallout 2 better don't get me wrong. But Fallout 1 is a tighter game overall.

Fallout 2 forgot Tim Cain's rule for the first game's references. If you don't know it's one, you shoudn't even notice it. And the npc shoudn't either. I will never forget Stuart the dwarf telling the chosen one about Fallout 2 limited models during the game development.

NV is heavily overrated in alot of ways, has people make too many excuses for the issues it has. I love the game, but 1 is such a solid title that doesn't have nearly as much shizz I can poke holes into

I always dream of a Fallout game with the world-design and openness of Fallout 2 but the thematic/tonal cohesiveness of Fallout 1. Sometimes I think Van Buren would have been this, but then I remember the retarded main-quest and it soils it.

I absolutely have no problem with Van Buren's main quest and I loved how it goes from investigating an outbreak of the New Plague, trying to develop a cure, and finally having to go into space to prevent a scientist from using BOMB001's sterilization protocol to launch missiles at various settlements to restart civilization all over again.

It has the type of buildup of a Fallout campaign that I enjoy.
I especially liked that the antagonists are basically an opposing party of players.

I absolutely have no problem with Van Buren's main quest and I loved how it goes from investigating an outbreak of the New Plague, trying to develop a cure, and finally having to go into space to prevent a scientist from using BOMB001's sterilization protocol to launch missiles at various settlements to restart civilization all over again.

It has the type of buildup of a Fallout campaign that I enjoy.
I especially liked that the antagonists are basically an opposing party of players.
That kinda sounds like 76's plot

Back