Fallout 5 Predictions Thread (with EXPLOSIONS!)

@Tuffluck your post...
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yup, that's all I got for this. Btw, loved the sarcasm and hat tip to Red Letter Media.

I predict it will be really bad.

Fine, i'll say it to myself: "Thanks, Captain Obvious."

Yeah, but the really funn part is to guess how bad it will be. I mean you're not watching Gordon Ramsey to look at him munching on high quality food, but to see how low the cousine he tastes is this time.

It'll probably not have a voiced protagonist this time around, which is a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you see it. That settlement building mode will either be completely gone, made way smaller, or made a lot bigger. We'll hopefully see more than four options, hopefully... A bigger map maybe? I dunno.. It's hard to predict that.

Whether or not this makes a better game is hard to say. In the end, I doubt it'll be worse *knocks on wood*

My reaction to Bethesda's games is the same reaction Ramsey has to a lot of stuff.

"ITS FUCKING RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"
I would have paid Ramsay good money for him to just walk into the Bethesda studio during the development of Fallout 4, look around and just go:

"What in the fuck is this? I am done. You, you, you, you, you, you, you and you, just fuck off. Get the fuck out, i'm so fucking done."

I'm hoping for:

-the game is set closer to the original setting like New Vegas.
-the game reintroduces character traits, something sorely lacking in Fallout 3.
-there are vehicles you can use to travel in.
-well written characters and quests as in New Vegas.
-the game to reveal the outcome of the NCR/Legion War. My money's on NCR having won.

-set in New York
-city got levelled to the ground (except for Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Central Park, Madison Square and other famous landmarks, because Pre-war companies and Enclave knew that war was coming, so they asked Vault- Tec to store them underground for some wacky experiment. When Vault Dwellers exited Vault 123 they took those landmarks with them to the surface)
-game is set 2000 years after war
-Mojave aliens wiped out everything 3 years ago
-there are 3 factions: BOS, Aliens and Settlers
-aliens experiment on people and create Ghouls, Raiders and even Super Mutants from FEV sample that government gave to local kindergarten
-you must rebuild civilisation (you get 121 settlement plots 2x1 meters)
-you can buy Community DLC that gives you Top 10 mods from Creation Club
-everyone uses bottlecaps because reasons
-main quest resolves around you finding your father`s son- YOU (10/10 IGN heartbreaking journey centered around finding yourself in cruel post-post-post- apocalypse world)
-you can buy Cabot DLC, where you help Jack Cabot travel in time to kill Mojave Aliens ancestors (West Coast protagonists)
-infinite endings (actually only one slide, but each player`s world is different than others- you built here bed and your friend built here cupboard!)
-removal of perks and S.P.E.C.I.A.L. (but you still get EXP and level up- it is RPG after all)

-set in New York
-city got levelled to the ground (except for Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Central Park, Madison Square and other famous landmarks, because Pre-war companies and Enclave knew that war was coming, so they asked Vault- Tec to store them underground for some wacky experiment. When Vault Dwellers exited Vault 123 they took those landmarks with them to the surface)
-game is set 2000 years after war
-Mojave aliens wiped out everything 3 years ago
-there are 3 factions: BOS, Aliens and Settlers
-aliens experiment on people and create Ghouls, Raiders and even Super Mutants from FEV sample that government gave to local kindergarten
-you must rebuild civilisation (you get 121 settlement plots 2x1 meters)
-you can buy Community DLC that gives you Top 10 mods from Creation Club
-everyone uses bottlecaps because reasons
-main quest resolves around you finding your father`s son- YOU (10/10 IGN heartbreaking journey centered around finding yourself in cruel post-post-post- apocalypse world)
-you can buy Cabot DLC, where you help Jack Cabot travel in time to kill Mojave Aliens ancestors (West Coast protagonists)
-infinite endings (actually only one slide, but each player`s world is different than others- you built here bed and your friend built here cupboard!)
-removal of perks and S.P.E.C.I.A.L. (but you still get EXP and level up- it is RPG after all)

Christ ........ this is so accurate. But you forget about the Dogmeat companion.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd like to see a Fallout set Before FO1.

I'd love to see something around 2100, just after the bombs fell and all that would entail.
Yeah, I'd like that, too. Maybe set in LA/Boneyard, with everything ruled by gangs trying to survive. Finally it would make sense to scavenge for pre-war food and stuff.

Protagonists have default names now: John or Jane.

No no no, that's not enough stupid references and rape of cannon.

The main character's names would be Pipboy and Pipgirl.

Except that the future is progressive, so Pipboy automatically names himself Pipgirl after the game starts.

"I am looking for a person, middle aged Man/woman, wears a Pipboy and asks for people to help them find someone" (both character options are Troy Baker)
"Golly Gee Babushka, that almost be sounding like yer' lookin' for yerself" (Million dollar role by Robert Downey Junior half dunkenly recording his lines through his burner phone he uses to purchase crocodyl)
"I am... I am..." All options after that are Shed Tear, Shed Tear with sad Sarcasm (which is just the character saying, "ho boy who turned on the waterworks, amirite?") Shed Tear while noding, and shed tear while looking away. +1000 EXP.

Oh, I know what Fallout 5 will be like.

-Set in New York or somewhere close by
-Takes place after FO4. Gotta move that time line forward AND with little sense of civilization returning.
-T-80 Power Armor. Gotta have a new PA model. It will probably be yet another "last PA upgrade put into service during the last days of the war."
-Super Mutants. Will be a new batch of course.
-Enclave returns
-Same story as FO3 and 4.
-Cut content that is more interesting than the main content.

I could go on but Bethesda is pretty predicable.

Oh god, reading your post quickly made me read that as 'super enclave mutants'.

That's so going to be a thing in 5, isn't it?

Super mutant power armour.

It's gonna be set somewhere in Louisiana or something, down south. Because it's OMZG CLASSIC AMERICAN SETTING BUT IT BREAKS NEW GROUND.

It's bound to happen. We had West Coast, East Coast, Boston, Bethesda thinks that the right approach is to make Fallout a huge TES-like megaworld that will be connected in the end. It's so dumb that it's impossible that they wont do it.

Back