Fallout 76: E3 Trailer

Never i ever wanted for a game to crash and burn so hard more than this one.

I want it to succeed so all the Beth fans that hate it know how it feels.

---A few features. I might make a new thread with a breakdown later.

• Inon Zur is doing the score. There are more radio tracks in this game than any previous Fallout title.
  • You can make musical instruments. Todd Howard pretended to play an invisible tuba.
  • Player versus player combat is opt-in. To initiate it, you shoot at someone and it does a small amount of damage. Howard likened this to “slapping someone at a bar.” If that person wants to do PVP with you, they fire back, and then weapons do full damage. Winning a PVP battle gives you some caps (the game’s currency) and some experience points based on your levels.
  • Bethesda is committed to doing mods in Fallout 76... somehow. "It's a complicated problem," said Todd Howard, referencing the online nature of the game whereby a mod changes everyone's experience not just a solo player's, "but one we're 100 per cent committed to solving." Private servers are something Bethesda is doing for Fallout 76, too.
  • There are hundreds of cards apparently, and the point of the perk packs is to broaden your pool enabling you to experiment more, as you can swap perks at any time as well as share them with your group, so you can tailor your build for different situations - and you're encouraged to. VATS will be in Fallout 76 and works in real-time. You won't be able to target individual body parts initially but you will via a perk. VATS will be based on your Perception ability so it won't feel powerful until you invest in it.

• VG247 asked Bethesda's Pete Hines whether you could buy the packs with real money and he said "no".
  • There's no level cap in Fallout 76, Howard said, so it's theoretically possible for a level five character with a knife to come up against a level 80 character with a minigun and power armour
  • The game will have more animals and monsters (upwards of 63) in order to differentiate between AI and human player contact.
jvmCc1Z.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say though, I am positively curious about the way Bethesda plans on dealing with griefing. No player blips on your map if you're an asshole and folks who kill you for your bounty are given money taken directly from your pool of funds. Best way to punish griefing is to make it hard on the griefer, none of this slap on the wrist stuff other games do. I've seen a lot of comparisons to GTAO's "preventions" except Bethesda's sounds better since Rockstar does fuck all to actually discourage griefing, in fact they actively encourage it.

So level scaling huh?
Who could've seen that coming?
I most certainly didn't.
No sir-ee.

Sounds like they're going with quantity over quality but this time spread even thinner.
So instead of a mile wide deep as a puddle we now get several tiny puddles.

No dialogue, at all.

Ah, level scaling, one of the things i absolutely hate in RPGs. My interest for this game was already in the extreme negatives, now it plunged so hard down that it hit the core of the Earth.

But you get to play in a world 4 times the size of Fallout but with a whopping 24 other players and go kill shit and multiply bases and resource manage stuff! That's totes Fallout yo!

But you get to play in a world 4 times the size of Fallout but with a whopping 24 other players and go kill shit and multiply bases and resource manage stuff! That's totes Fallout yo!
Don't forget the nuking, which will enable to loot rare materials/loot. What more would a Fallout fan want? :lmao:

Use Nukes to poison an area of the country you want to supposedly rebuild so you can loot phat loots from the creatures that got mutated by it.

Exploding Nukes is a good way of creating resources for survival.

I think Bethesda got hired by the army to promote some Nuclear strike in the near future by picturing nuclear war as fun and necessary with cartoon characters. Fiction becoming reality.

Exploding Nukes is a good way of creating resources for survival.

I think Bethesda got hired by the army to promote some Nuclear strike in the near future by picturing nuclear war as fun and necessary with cartoon characters. Fiction becoming reality.
Imagine all the Pipboy replicas Bethesda can sell to the post-apocalyptic population.

Hey, remember that nuking shit has always been a part of Fallout. Fallout 1 allowed you to nuke something. Fallout 2 had you nuke the Oil Rig. Fallout 3 uh... Megaton. Fallout New Vegas allowed you to launch multiple nukes!

Nuking shit is a staple of the Fallout setting.

Totes canon.

You forget how in Fo4 you also Nuke something at the end, All factions Nuke something at the end.

Did they nuke The Institue? I don't remember... Does... Does that speak volumes about Fallout 4's plot?

They do, and I think the Institute also nukes something but the regular game map is unchanged for the post game.

The Institute gets destroyed by a Fusion Pulse Charge detonating on their reactor (so essentially a nuke, just not in missile form). The Prydwen gets destroyed either by Liberty Prime's eye laser, artillery strikes or C4. No nukes, though I do find it slightly amusing how the Prydwen gets destroyed the exact same way despite the three different methods of destruction present.

What does the Institute nuke at the end? I forget and I don't feel like replaying FO4 this life.

Back