Fallout 76 Really Sucks. People Act Shocked.

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date

These things are coming every single day. It's a circle jerk so I won't post them anymore.

Gamers rise up! !!

IMG_20191111_221445.png

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...-peasants-class-war-bethesda-subscription-1st

And here I am waiting for F76 to be "finished" and offline so I can try it out...
Probably not going to happen, at least for a long, long time if it ever does happen. Not really a game worth trying out alone either. It's the explore wherever, loot junk, repair and craft weapons and parts, and repeat cycle that Fallout 4 had without the idea that the story matters much. The whole game is based on a Fallout theme park in West Virginia rather than having much of a story that you'll get pulled into. There are stories among the holotapes and the robots left around to say their bits but that's it. There is an overarching main plot but it's mostly uncovering what happened, a few things about factions, and then going against what the Overseer wanted for the Vault dwellers to do because EPIC LOOT. So if that appeals to you, sure. But don't even expect as much story as Fallout 4.

Yeah, it is. At least from what I saw and what is being reported. Even if it was around the same level of bugginess then you'd be having a worse time while online because you're losing items in a world about progressing your levels and stats as much as possible with other players. It's not like oh, yeah this quest bugged out but at least it was a really good story. It's more like I spent an hour doing this quest and it bugged out and I had to restart the game 3 times until I got onto another server so that I could try it again and have it work.

There's some value to be had in a game like this, just ask Korin, but there's also a myriad of issues. Not to mention that they are really pushing for you to spend money beyond the initial investment as well which I'm never a fan of. If you want to monetize items and shit in games, then make your game free (even then it kinda sucks but it at least makes more sense). Quit it with this pay to play and then pay for convenience shit.

Yeah, it is. At least from what I saw and what is being reported. Even if it was around the same level of bugginess then you'd be having a worse time while online because you're losing items in a world about progressing your levels and stats as much as possible with other players. It's not like oh, yeah this quest bugged out but at least it was a really good story. It's more like I spent an hour doing this quest and it bugged out and I had to restart the game 3 times until I got onto another server so that I could try it again and have it work.

There's some value to be had in a game like this, just ask Korin, but there's also a myriad of issues. Not to mention that they are really pushing for you to spend money beyond the initial investment as well which I'm never a fan of. If you want to monetize items and shit in games, then make your game free (even then it kinda sucks but it at least makes more sense). Quit it with this pay to play and then pay for convenience shit.

It just sounds to me like any value in F76 is something one could get from the myriad other (probably better executed) sandbox royale games out there. Rust, Ark, etc. Or even an MMO with an actual story. Though none of them are my cup of tea, personally.

Yes, you'd be correct. It's nothing really special. You could go play a MMO or some online survival game and get practically the same or a similar experience except with the main loop being the loop of Fallout 4. And of course it's Fallout themed if that matters enough to you.

Back