Fallout Easter Eggs

Enclave Patrol said:
There is interesting piece of dialogue with Corsican Brothers while playing with idiot character. It is about the black private dick who is sex machine to all chicks.

scr00001.jpg

scr00002.jpg

scr00003.jpg

Explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAa5rP64YbQ
I think I am gonna go to New Reno and go on a Mentats sideffect spree just to get that XD

Hello everyone!
There's funny catch, discovered by czech translation team working on killap's RP:

Code:
{100}{}{You see a very hyperactive little boy.}
{101}{}{You see Little Todd.}

#random floats
{200}{}{BOOM!!! I love ‘splosions!}
{201}{}{Bam-bam! I shoot mutants!}
{202}{}{I wish I saw more ‘splosions!}
{203}{}{Everything should explode!}

#dialogue
{300}{}{Can you blow something up, Mister?}
{301}{}{When I grow up, I’m gonna rule the world!}
{302}{}{I don’t like it here, I wanna move to the east coast!}
{303}{}{My clothes are magic!}
{304}{}{Grownups talk too much!}
{305}{}{The Brotherhood of Steel are the knights of the wasteland!}
{306}{}{All mutants are evil!}
{307}{}{I bet my teddy bear could kill you!}
{308}{}{My dad went missing again!}
{309}{}{Sometimes I drink from toilets!}
{310}{}{What’s cont-i-newy-t mean?}
{311}{}{Can you blow something up, Misses?}

ilwzl1.jpg

Just a coincidence? I don't think so. :mrgreen:

The Vault Dweller said:
Has ANYONE figured out what the F*** the Easter Egg does in Fallout 2?!?

Also did anyone else discover that if you used a hacked character with high science skill/intelligence that when you access the computer at the Gecko plant you can engage in a conversation with an Enclave member who will eventually threaten you and said a verti-bird with an extermination squad? You can only really do it by cheating 'cause its early in the game and you need a really smart character.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

i managed to do this by merely mucking around the first or second time i ever played fallout 2. i havent done it since, nor have i really tried

The last two times I've played fallout 2, I've gotten the dialogue with the enclave guy in gecko. I have trouble getting him to NOT send the death squad.
The first time I did it, I ran into them just outside Gecko as I tried to make my way back to Vault City. I managed to convince them that I was just a passer by and didn't know anything about the person who called them from the power plant.
The most recent time I tried to play, I must have had a bad roll or perception had something to do with it because I had 10 Char and 10 Int. They decided I was the person they were looking for and annihilated me. But otherwise there doesn't seem to be any repercussions for the people of Gecko or Vault City. Maybe I didn't ever go back to Gecko the first time, though. So maybe?

But then, I discover something new every time I play. Since I installed the restoration pack, I can't tell what's new and what was already there. Is the death squad something Killap added?

Azure said:
what can be done with the easter egg foun in fallout 2??
(the egg)

You need to get critical hit from enemy using fire based weapon, while holding egg in one of the slots. Then you can eat it, gaining +1 luck in process.

Wiki has a list of easter eggs: Fallout and Fallout 2.

---

(Fallout1-only) Easter eggs from my Fallout Fixt mod:

- An easter egg from Fallout playable demo has been restored. As far as I'm aware, this easter egg has never been implemented in Fallout, just in the demo and my mod. If you haven't found it yet and want a SPOILER, it's findable in the spoiler tags below. There are multiple levels of spoiler tags, so you can control how much you want to cheat:

at Necropolis
in the Hotel of Doom
in the room closest to you when you enter. The room east of the Manager (who doesn't do much managing, he's mostly just angry).
at the computer on the dusty reception desk.
You have to use Repair and succeed, and then use Science and succeed, to access the terminal.

Once in the terminal, you can play both FALLOUTW.EXE and FALLDEMO.EXE, each displaying a random choice of endings based directly on the actual endings to the games. You get XP once for each time you see an ending you haven't seen before.

Most of the dialog and text is not created by me, most of it's from the original easter egg in the demo and from unused ending summaries/narrations in the text files of both games.

Last edited:
In the raider's stronghold in Fallout 2, when you successfully disarm the traps and crack the safe you're given the dialouge option, "Stop that grinnin and drop your linen", a lyric from the song Shake A Leg by AC/DC, from their Back In Black album.
More likely this was a reference to the movie "Aliens," where Hudson declares this line when he finds the missing colonists' locator chips on the base's digital map interface.

-m

In the fifth episode of X Files (around 34 minute) there's the exactly same sound as the one in "Trader's Life" of the Fallout's soundtrack. Does anyone else recognize this?

The thing is: X Files was made in 1993, while the first Fallout in 1997. Did Morgan stole the sound from there?

Mark Morgan has licensed his music to TV. Some tracks (or parts of them) he used in Fallout.

*The TV show "Prey" comes first to mind.

M R Not Ducks
O S M R 2 Ducks!

I am shocked not to have seen the Tim Cain easteregg mentioned in the thread; I'd have thought it would be in the OP, or in the second, or third posts.

* [Everyone knows this right?]
If you are running Fallout in standard 640x480 res, and you type BOOM in the credits menu, you see Tim's face appear, bloat, and explode in bloody gore. Tim discovered this one day, while trying to figure out why the menu was making animation calls.
Tim_tblcrd-0_zps8ylph4ce.gif

Last edited:
I'm sure someone mentioned it, but the very first Easter Egg in the whole franchise:
You see Ed. Ed's dead.

You need to get critical hit from enemy using fire based weapon, while holding egg in one of the slots. Then you can eat it, gaining +1 luck in process.
:???: Is this true? Because I've never seen this anywhere in my personal gaming history of Fallout.
Oh, and I apologize if I just posted in a necro thread.

Back