Fallout Easter Eggs

Quite surprising no one has mentioned that before: there are two references to Star Wars in FO 2 and one in FO 1, at least from what I have know. In FO 2:
- you have Whiskey Bob telling you that "he doen't know a greater hive of scum and villainy" than the Den, which is a quote from Obi-Wan Kenobi about Mos Eisley (someone mentioned it here before, though in the context of FO 1 - I think he mentioned Tycho saying it);
- when you travel through the world map on foot, in you left lower corner there's this Vault Tec thingy and some weird numbers and letters:
L5 AA 23
TK 421
This matches far too much not to be a reference: in Star Wars episode IV Luke rescued Leia from the prison cell AA 23 on the level 5 of the Death Star's detention level. Also, when he dressed up as an imperial stormtrooper, the suit he wore belonged to a soldier with the codenumber of "TK-421" previously.

In FO 1:
- in the Hub, when you talk to the metal-armoured guys/gals on the first map (the caravans one), not having a weapon (because if you do, they'll whine about you putting it away) they may sometimes say "These aren't the droids we're looking for. Move along." (or something similar, I don't know precisely since I have the Polish version of the game). This is (if someone doesn't know) a reference to the Mos Eisley episode in the New Hope.

That about covers it.

Zacirus said:
I believe I found a new easter egg for everybody, the Talking Brahmin random special encounter in Fallout 1, They say something along the lines of "Moo, I say." I think this is a reference to Foghorn Leghorn in Looney Toons, he always said sentences similar to this "Boy I say boy" and "He I say he" and so on and so forth.

Hi.

This is actually a reference to the Snow Cow herd on Darker Realms LPMud where Fallout designer Tim Cain used to lurk. The Snow Cows served no purpose other than to bumble about and mutter, "moo, I say, moo." They were created by a drunken god, and presumably laughed at by a tipsy Tim Cain.

I was curious about one thing, well, I didn`t searched for it indeed but I would like to have a answer.
On that cave where you find The Rat God, if you try to repair the repair bot who is crashed, you will not even do a repair check (which means it can`t be rapaired) and it will appear the following message: "You got it?", what is this meant to be?

Does anyone know what the secret door in the shack by the water-merchants was for? ~(its bugged me for years :lol:)

animation1jd1.gif

In Redding I believe it was, in the building across from the sheriffs (not widow Rooneys house) there is a small boy who when examined is described as "This little boy came to market."

I believe this to be a reference to the little pigs nursery rhyme.

In Fallout 2 you can dig up a ghoul in golgotha. You can also find a gold tooth that belonged to jules or jaged Jimmy. Cant remember which one exactly. Also you can find a pair of sun glasses that belonged to one of the mobsters body guards.

If you all knew already. Then sorry.

well everyone knows about dogmeat and leather jacket being a ref. for mad max (mostly mad max 2). However somehow noone mentioned that shotgun looks exactly like the one max uses iun the movie. And also if you look at the credits of mad max 2 you can see that some of the filming was done in broken hills :)

Sorry if this has been posted but

Fallout 2 in "the Den" contains a reference at becky's gambling tables to a game show called "Press Your Luck." Sometimes an NPC will say "No whammies, No Whammies STOP"

I was really hoping nobody mentioned the Easter egg I found, and nobody did :P. So in FOT if you recruit a supermutant and check what type of punch he has, type as in strong kick, strong punch, snap kick, so his punch type is Heymaker. I believe it comes from David Haye Lands The Haymaker, who happens to be a boxer. I read all 9 pages and didn't see anybody mentioning it. Here's a link : http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=14751&more=1

Cool huh ? :mrgreen:

Dunno if somebody mentioned that, but:
when giving the glasses for Renesco, you can refuse from discount for it and than Chosen One says some like "some day, and that day may never come, I may need your help... but now take this as gift on my daughter's wedding", what is exactly quote from "The Godfather" movie

Enclave Patrol said:
There is interesting piece of dialogue with Corsican Brothers while playing with idiot character. It is about the black private dick who is sex machine to all chicks.

That is... so, so wrong. :clap:

I think i found one that nobody noticed before. In New Reno, while boxing some boxers might say Hadoken in fight, or Super Atomic Tornado Fist. These are both references to the Street Fighter series, Hadoken is an energy blast used by many characters in the game, and Super Atomic Tornado Fist is a pun on Zangiefs super attack, Hyper Atomic Buster.

Jax Sparrow said:
I was really hoping nobody mentioned the Easter egg I found, and nobody did :P. So in FOT if you recruit a supermutant and check what type of punch he has, type as in strong kick, strong punch, snap kick, so his punch type is Heymaker. I believe it comes from David Haye Lands The Haymaker, who happens to be a boxer. I read all 9 pages and didn't see anybody mentioning it. Here's a link : http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=14751&more=1

The Haymaker is a punchtype in Fallout 2, too.
It's the strongest primary punch you can have, if you have sufficient skill.
I guess it is some kind of easteregg, but not from FOT :D

Hassknecht said:
Jax Sparrow said:

The Haymaker is a punchtype in Fallout 2, too.
It's the strongest primary punch you can have, if you have sufficient skill.
I guess it is some kind of easteregg, but not from FOT :D
The Haymaker punch isn't a reference to David Haye, however cool that may seem. It is just a massive punch that uses all your momentum and weight to deliver a knock-out blow.

Back