Fallout Easter Eggs

Maybe designers combined this two characters? I mean the dummy stuff is from the book, and the weapon moding one is from the cartoon? Besides, did the main character of the book modified any weapon or something?

Dream is dead said:
don't kill me for being ignorant, but I don't get the catch behind the crashed whale? what is this Easter Egg referring to?
The flowers and whale were only one side effect of the improbability drive. The chance of the spaceship reaching it's destination in the desired time were about as likely as a whale and a pot of daisies falling from orbit at the same time.
So once that exact level of local improbability was achieved it became actually possible to make the trip.

I admit that it's a rather crude and out of contect explanation so nothing will save you from reading THHGTTG.

That song is a very common children's song. So it's probably just a child singing a song, not a reference to Con Ais.

The brightness darkens said:
I don't think that reply was put that way.
1997, before the release of Fallout 2...
A child, and if I check I'm sure the script for the random reply only involve this one for a female critter...
Ehm, so? As I said: it's a really, really common children's song. It has existed for ages before the movie.

Code:
# 10. FLOAT [ENCLAVE_DESTROYED = TRUE] (WTG)
{294}{}{Me once wear girl head like hat.}
{299}{}{I once drove through three states wearing this one little girl's head like a hat.}

# 31. I DROVE THROUGH 3 STATES . . . (10, 15, 24, 27, 29 30, 41)
{555}{}{Are you sick?}
{556}{}{Why do you ask?}

# 32. WHY DO YOU ASK? (31)
{560}{}{You LOOK sick.}
{561}{}{I am sick.}

# 33. I AM SICK. (32)
{565}{}{Do you take medicine?}
{566}{}{There is no medicine for what I have.}

# 34. THERE IS NO MEDICINE FOR WHAT I HAVE. (33)
{570}{}{Wanna sing?}
{571}{}{Sing?}

# 35. SING? (34)
{575}{}{Do you know 'He's Got the Whole World in His Hands?'}
{576}{}{Yes, I do.}

# 36. YES, I DO. (35)
{580}{}{::Sings:: 'He's got the whole world in his hands. He's got the whole wide world in his hands.' Come on.}
{581}{}{::Sing:: He's got the whole world in his hands. He's got the whole wide world in his hands.}

# 37. SING TOGETHER (36)
{585}{}{::Singing Together:: He's got the whole world in his hands. ::Singing winds down:: He's got the whole world in his hands.}
{586}{}{Thank you for singing with me. I might be back later…if I need a hat.}

Do you need any other evidence of what I am saying ?
No, that'll do. But you never claimed that the conversation went like that, you only said 'Ooh, this girl sings that song, CON AIR!' which is not the same as almost the entire conversation being replicated.

I wasn't thinking of the other replies, in fact... :?
Basing it off just that one sentence is not a valid reference to something, simply because there are a *ton* of other movies and books (and children in the street) that used that song. However, if you tie it in with the rest of the conversation it *is* a lot like Con Air.

fallout.JPG

Actually this is a screenshot from Arcanum, but it is an easter-egg pointing to Fallout. So I thought it might be intresting. It is a common one though.

References to Chris Avellone

I'm sure you guys have heard of the game called...
Arcanum Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura. Made by Troika, with people at the helm such as Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, Jason Anderson, etc . While playing through the game I traveled to the city of Caladon, I was checking out the street signs and noticed a street called Avellone. Thought that was pretty cool. Also the two headed cow at the H.T. Parnell's Emporium of Wonders. In fallout 1..I believe the bounty hunter behind the followers of the apocalypse is also a reference to Chris Avellone.

I searched the website to make sure nobody had mentioned these before, but I'm not 100% sure that no one's ever noticed them..

They're both in Fallout 2, and they both refer to the movie Big Trouble in Little China...

here's a link to IMDB if you haven't seen it:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090728/quotes

First off there's the evil shi leader in San Francisco's China Town (called little china) who happens to be named "Lo Pan".. which coincides with the baddie in the movie.

then there is a combat taunt by Sulik which he uses when you're winning a fight easily, which goes:

"We be havin the seven demon bags!"

this was a reference to the magical bag-o-powerups that Egg Shen gives to Jack to increase his odds of coming out of the fight alive..

Jack Burton:
"Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?"

Egg Shen:

"Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!"

Hope these are new to you guys.. I haven't checked Per's guide for them, so feel free to crap on me if they're in there.

Back