Fallout 2 mod Fallout Sonora 1.14 and Sonora Dayglow 1.14 Vanilla Translation

NPC Mangas, San Brahmin
Reply [There must be
a...factory->a... factory or something making this tequila in Phoenix.]

[Yes, and I have long been looked->looking for a person who will find and destroy this place.]

Okay, got both those.

Finished my tree-pass on San Brahmin. Several hundred lines and a couple of thousand words changed/effected. Whew.

The end is in sight now. Puerto, Phoenix, and Dayglow. Saving the biggest for last I guess.

Still looking for more feedback on play-throughs. My tree-passes hone things to a razor's edge, but there are still nicks and burrs that other eyes can spot.

''https://cambragol.github.io/Fallout-Sonora/download/''
The game comes without sfall, and trying to install sfall on the Community Edition bullshit doesn’t work. When I try to change settings like subtitles or difficulty they revert back. I can't change the resolution or scaling in the game because I can't access the graphic settings. This shit is ass.

Okay, got both those.

Finished my tree-pass on San Brahmin. Several hundred lines and a couple of thousand words changed/effected. Whew.

The end is in sight now. Puerto, Phoenix, and Dayglow. Saving the biggest for last I guess.

Still looking for more feedback on play-throughs. My tree-passes hone things to a razor's edge, but there are still nicks and burrs that other eyes can spot.
Change the reaction description for all item effects to sequence since there is no stat named reaction in the char sheet.

There is a game feature/function called reaction, which is used to determine an NPCs reaction to you, i.e. good or bad.

The item descriptions that contain 'reaction' are referring to that type of reaction I believe. The 'cute jumpsuit', the 'brahmin sausages' and 'rad-ash' are the only items that use it.

There is a game feature/function called reaction, which is used to determine an NPCs reaction to you, i.e. good or bad.

The item descriptions that contain 'reaction' are referring to that type of reaction I believe. The 'cute jumpsuit', the 'brahmin sausages' and 'rad-ash' are the only items that use it.
I thought it was a leftover from how in russian the stat called sequence is реакция.

Should there be a low int dialogues everywhere? Should low int restrict your access to areas of the game/dialogue, or should pathways be open with stupid dialogue? Or should the low int path really be a dead end, which teaches the player to not choose super low int (an approach one of the original developers espouses I believe, when discussing Fallout).
I recently tried to beat Fallout 1 with a stupid character. It's really hard and boring, until you reach some of the great stuff, like all the unique dialogue for the vault overseer and some other key npcs. It kinda made me think twice about starting a stupid Sonora run next, but this would be the best way to check, how developed the stupid path already is. I wouldn't add any new dialogue and quest solutions for this stuff, if it's not fully realized in the original.
''https://cambragol.github.io/Fallout-Sonora/download/''
The game comes without sfall, and trying to install sfall on the Community Edition bullshit doesn’t work. When I try to change settings like subtitles or difficulty they revert back. I can't change the resolution or scaling in the game because I can't access the graphic settings. This shit is ass.
There is a version with sfall installed by Foxx. And it's perfectly alright for Cambragol to support the CE since not everybody is playing on PC these days. If you don't like it, mod it yourself. Like I did before Foxx released his version.

I wouldn't add any new dialogue and quest solutions for this stuff, if it's not fully realized in the original.
I'm not adding anything in the translation. I was just musing on possibilities for after the translation.

It is interesting to hear that there are extended 'stupid' dialogues for key npcs in Fallout 1. I had assumed it was only around the beginning, and didn't extend into the later encounters/characters.

I can run the stats on the stupid 'paths' in Sonora right now, and can tell you that it is only around 50 dialogue choices, scattered over 13 characters, with only 2 or 3 of those having a 'real' set of 'stupid' dialogue choices. Not, nothing, but not too developed.

It is interesting to hear that there are extended 'stupid' dialogues for key npcs in Fallout 1. I had assumed it was only around the beginning, and didn't extend into the later encounters/characters.
For the most part, dialogues are serverly cut down and you can't do most of the quest. But there is also stuff like this:

Seems to be the same with Sonora, some key npc have extra lines. But most people don't talk to you at all. At this point, it would probably make more sense to review regular dialogues with a different character, who is not mentally challenged. I'm curious to see how all the areas where the translation was still a little rough last time turned out in the meanwhile.

For the most part, dialogues are serverly cut down and you can't do most of the quest. But there is also stuff like this:

Seems to be the same with Sonora, some key npc have extra lines. But most people don't talk to you at all. At this point, it would probably make more sense to review regular dialogues with a different character, who is not mentally challenged. I'm curious to see how all the areas where the translation was still a little rough last time turned out in the meanwhile.

Haha, I remember that dialogue with the overseer. Hilarious. I'd love to see more stuff like that in Sonora.

I'm curious to see how all the areas where the translation was still a little rough last time turned out in the meanwhile.

That would be good. Tree-passes are good and all, but play-throughs provide the final buff.

NPC Paladin Barkley, Inferno
Reply [You're military right? And your->you're fully geared too.]

Oh and I'm pretty sure the dude can leave if you don't heal his leg (happened on previous playthrough). Will provide a save when I finish the quest on this playthrough.

I guess it really doesn't matter since he mentions in his diakouge that he will regain strength after the PC completes the wuest so there's no need to bother with this.

BUT you can straight up steal his combat armor by just asking him to put it away when you have him as a companion. Makes no sense for a bos knight to give up his armor to some rando so fix pls. Same thing with his weapon.

Puerto
The sentry won't let me in after doing the quest for the bos in inferno. Most likely cuz my character is 3 int will use mentats to see if I can get in. Consider adding a low int path for PCs who earned passage.

Phoenix Random Floating Text by Typical Phoenix Resident south of the market yellow shirt almost bald dude
If the Followers start preaching another moral to me->their morals again at me...

NPC Corwin, Puerto
In his floating text song he mentions "morflot" which is the abbreviation for USSR maritime fleet idk if Corwin is either russian like of one the followers in Casa Nueva or black designer just threw in a soviet song randomly in. Either way it needs yo be anglicized.

Last edited:
Honestly this thread got rather silly.
It was supposed to be about translation of Fallout Sonora, a huge task all on its own, and it turned into "fix and tweak every little thing in the game according to what I'd like it to be". This maximalist attitude is precisely why no significant project in the Fallout modding community got ever finished. Mutants Rising would be long released if people didn't envision something above their capabilities of creation.
You're asking for expanding the low-intelligence character's options in the game - a spandrel, relic remnant of not fully thought out SPECIAL system that's frankly just stupid (literally low intelligence) and used only by people who have exhausted any other way of playing the game before that has zero bearing on a game's/mod's significance. How easy it would be if the author of this topic had to simply fix the typos and linguistic mistakes in the already existing game instead of playing with Fallout's ancient code, trying to fix completely insignificant details, irrelevant to his original mission, which was supposed to be translating of Fallout Sonora.

Honestly this thread got rather silly.
It was supposed to be about translation of Fallout Sonora, a huge task all on its own, and it turned into "fix and tweak every little thing in the game according to what I'd like it to be". This maximalist attitude is precisely why no significant project in the Fallout modding community got ever finished. Mutants Rising would be long released if people didn't envision something above their capabilities of creation.
You're asking for expanding the low-intelligence character's options in the game - a spandrel, relic remnant of not fully thought out SPECIAL system that's frankly just stupid (literally low intelligence) and used only by people who have exhausted any other way of playing the game before that has zero bearing on a game's/mod's significance. How easy it would be if the author of this topic had to simply fix the typos and linguistic mistakes in the already existing game instead of playing with Fallout's ancient code, trying to fix completely insignificant details, irrelevant to his original mission, which was supposed to be translating of Fallout Sonora.
You played Cambragols Sonora? It might as well be considered done already with how polished it is.

BUT you can straight up steal his combat armor by just asking him to put it away when you have him as a companion. Makes no sense for a bos knight to give up his armor to some rando so fix pls. Same thing with his weapon.

Puerto
The sentry won't let me in after doing the quest for the bos in inferno. Most likely cuz my character is 3 int will use mentats to see if I can get in. Consider adding a low int path for PCs who earned passage.

NPC Corwin, Puerto
In his floating text song he mentions "morflot" which is the abbreviation for USSR maritime fleet idk if Corwin is either russian like of one the followers in Casa Nueva or black designer just threw in a soviet song randomly in. Either way it needs yo be anglicized.
Fixed all the small points you raised. Thanks!

As for the 3 above:

Stealing combat armor and/or weapon is kind of a default feature/bug isn't it? I'll look at it but it seems outside the scope of dialogue fixes.

You mean for Paladin Latham? There is a check for that quest, and it should open a line 'Paladin Latham has given me permission to meet with the general.' There isn't an intelligence 1 through 10 will work for that too.

As for the 'Morflot' line. The dialogue has a note, claiming that the song is from a 1950 movie, the Deserters, but I can't find reference to such a movie. A little weird. Should obviously be made 'western', but for the moment I just switched morflot for Navy.

As for the 3 above:

Stealing combat armor and/or weapon is kind of a default feature/bug isn't it? I'll look at it but it seems outside the scope of dialogue fixes.

You mean for Paladin Latham? There is a check for that quest, and it should open a line 'Paladin Latham has given me permission to meet with the general.' There isn't an intelligence 1 through 10 will work for that too.

As for the 'Morflot' line. The dialogue has a note, claiming that the song is from a 1950 movie, the Deserters, but I can't find reference to such a movie. A little weird. Should obviously be made 'western', but for the moment I just switched morflot for Navy
I did get the line Paladin Latham but iirc it was from the paladin in the barracks outside the submarine when I get to the sentry and talk to him low int dialouge repeats and he won't let me in.

As for the 3 above:

As for the 'Morflot' line. The dialogue has a note, claiming that the song is from a 1950 movie, the Deserters, but I can't find reference to such a movie. A little weird. Should obviously be made 'western', but for the moment I just switched morflot for Navy.
Also the audio for the death ENDING SLIDE of General Mossman is the only one that sounds really slowed down.

Last edited:
I'm not sure which sentry you mean. Do you have a snatch of dialogue for him? Then I can find him.

I haven't met or killed General Mossman yet. He has an audio glitch? Hmph.

Back