Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Story Jackal (DEMO)

Perhaps thanks to one user with NMA, the demo will be translated into English.
Really good news.
I hope you will finish the mod some good day. Small part of this mod, I mean demo, looks very good in my opinion. So don't stop working on it :)

Ну удачи найти новый интерес/хобби, ... сдулся как и крафти?(
Работа над всеми проектами не заброшена и продолжается.
Я еще не раз к Великому Скриптеру обращусь :-)

Last edited:
Ничоси. Есть шанс, что перерастёт в полноценную игру?
No, no, no. Дом, уже не тот :)
Легенда чем-то обидела?

If you don't mind, i wish to try out this demo without having to learn russian.

One thing i sometime do is making a bastard translation. Basically having google translate most text, so even if the sentence aren't the best, i can at least guess enough to do a couple of stuff, or even manage the main quest. Problem is that there is no text in the data folder and that the master.dat contains like 750 text files. Do all those files relevant or can you point out the files that are made by you\ used in your demo ? So i won't bother with the rest.

If you don't mind, i wish to try out this demo without having to learn russian.

One thing i sometime do is making a bastard translation. Basically having google translate most text, so even if the sentence aren't the best, i can at least guess enough to do a couple of stuff, or even manage the main quest. Problem is that there is no text in the data folder and that the master.dat contains like 750 text files. Do all those files relevant or can you point out the files that are made by you\ used in your demo ? So i won't bother with the rest.
I will delete text files / scripts etc when I don't need them. In order not to damage the game.
Almost all texts are given for translation, when the user has time, he will translate into English.

Last edited:
This is very impressive, Foxx! I'm always for new critters and I love how modders, Russians in particular, can put new life into old games. I'd be even happy with this Yao Guai as it is... the thing that bothers me more is why you think that removing ''easy'' difficulty matters - do you seriously *care* if some players cheat? Why? It's just a game. What if someone wants to play on easy? Apart from this little critique, thank you for this mod! :)

Actually, I think Story Jackal should be played on hard.

As the -10 penalty to all skills, but combat skills, creates an unsophisticated raider by default.

I thought was thematically very fitting.

The translation has not been tested!
Did a little testing.
In the jackal base, there a cave, in which you have to find a woman. The game crashes when i try to talk to her. I assume it is a bracket that is not closed on the .msg file, but i can't check. There is so many of them. (assume that it is the missing girl from the brothel)
Also the random encounter with the trader is all in russian, but i could trade with just clicking the first line in each dialog.
There are a couple of titles that are still in russian, but nothing that prevent from playing.

I will talk more about the content itself later on, but quite tired and busy these days.
I like that you changed the music. I love Mark Morgan scores, but i listened it way too much for the past few years.

In the jackal base, there a cave, in which you have to find a woman. The game crashes when i try to talk to her. I assume it is a bracket that is not closed on the .msg file, but i can't check. There is so many of them. (assume that it is the missing girl from the brothel)
In the Russian version there are no problems, perhaps in the translation error.

Also the random encounter with the trader is all in russian, but i could trade with just clicking the first line in each dialog.
Meetings are almost not edited and are the original of F2. Just the map was opened and a minimum of changes was made :)
Edit random encounters-not all the strength, Russian names also from there.

I will talk more about the content itself later on, but quite tired and busy these days.
Don't talk. I have almost 10 builds in work, tired :)

Back