Fallout TV Series Begins Production

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Yes, I read about this. I'm not really looking forward to it, but if the ratings are good, maybe then... Imo The Witcher TV S1 was pretty good, even if not that consistent.

Well, Witcher tv show was good, because the source material is good. If they make a tv show about nu-fallouts, then all hope is lost right away. And let's be honest, it's likely this will happen - Bethsoft and most of their fans don't give a shit about the old games.

Eh, I may watch it when it comes out.
I’m kind of over thinking Fallout is something special, we got 3 great games out of it, more than most other franchises.

Who cares what People think about it, it’s easy to avoid folks on the internet. Pkus we’ll still be here and it may lead to some amusing topics.

It would be fun if it was actually good and that the fans of the TV series would become really pissed going into the Bethesda games afterwards and realise they are shit.

However since it's 2022 it won't be good.

Well, Witcher tv show was good, because the source material is good. If they make a tv show about nu-fallouts, then all hope is lost right away. And let's be honest, it's likely this will happen - Bethsoft and most of their fans don't give a shit about the old games.
I heard from the guys over on Friday Night Tights that the witcher tv show is godawful.

AFAIK [assume], they cannot use anything from the games. IMO season 2 was also rather slo—ooow paced.

I heard that in Season 2 he barely tussled with any monsters, any truth to that? He's the monsta-wrangler after all.

From what i heard Geralt fights like a monster in each episode in season 2, so it's the opposite of that. Never watched the show, but from what i heard from people that actually read the books, the show apparently butchers and mangles the source material to push whatever plot they want to push. Not to mention some really questionable casting.

I haven't read The Witcher books, but mangling the source material seems to be the standard approach. That's apparently what Game of Thrones did, and from what I saw of the recent Wheel of Time adaptation, they weren't even trying to tell the same story.

I have read the books (the short stories multiple times) and played the games and have no issue with the tv show at all.

They write an unrelated story, put the brand name and retrofuture skin on it, and throw in some other things that are popular at the moment. That's what frequently happens even with properties that do have a deep narrative. All they really need from the IP is the brand recognition that comes with the name, and that's about the only thing Bethesda has kept.
So, just like Fallout 3?

:drummer:

I couldnt give less a shit about how linear the TV series is. What ultimately matters is how it makes you FEEL.

What I love about Fallout is the dark, gloomy, dead, quiet, slow, ghostly, timeless moments in between short uncommon fights.

I like the feeling of killing the raiders and then realizing I am suddenly very alone with lifeless corpses in a unmoving desert. You can almost hear the screaming of countless damned souls on the wind as the sun sets beneath the cold ruin...

You could compare the feeling to walking around a school at night alone. It feels wrong.

I really dont think it will be anything more than a soap opera with mindless yacking and interconnected social plots and crap. But I know I will never recieve aforementioned feeling from any other series again...

Weird because that's certainly not the mood of the games, not even on Bethesda's murder sandbox simulations.
What this would need is careful world building of the setting and presenting a story with shades of gray and interesting character inhabiting it.

Weird because that's certainly not the mood of the games, not even on Bethesda's murder sandbox simulations.
What this would need is careful world building of the setting and presenting a story with shades of gray and interesting character inhabiting it.

Fallout 1 was very much that mood. Two had those moments, though a lot less so. Killing Raiders (Gangers) in 1 felt hefty. Five or so less people in the world, just you in a random encounter worldspace and nothing else....

Not really? Fallout 1 is about finding new settlements and interacting with the locations, it was never about how haunting killing raiders was and it was possible to finisht the game without killing anyone, and Fallout 2 was too goofy for even the forced combat to be haunting, except when you get crit killed bullshitly by a burt action.

Atmospheric music can make even the great Fallout look much deeper than it actually is. :)

Atmospheric music can make even the great Fallout look much deeper than it actually is. :)
Dude, Fallout 4's soundtrack was the shit man! It was amazing and inspiring. Who doesnt want to feel heroic and good whenever they are slaughtering innocent settlers. And whenever we see those scary legendary radroaches, we get an EPIC BOSS BATTLE TRACK that totally doesnt last 3 seconds and plays awkwardly afterwards.

The ideal mood of a Fallout TV series would be like a Coen Brothers film or the Fargo TV series. The severe and the absurd blended together seamlessly with neither detracting from the other.

At least for me, anyway.

The ideal mood of a Fallout TV series would be like a Coen Brothers film or the Fargo TV series. The severe and the absurd blended together seamlessly with neither detracting from the other.

At least for me, anyway.

Then I say just take No Country For Old Men and add some CG piles of junk in the background. Maybe a VATS noise when he shoots the dog.

Back