First Fo3 release date posted

Odin

Carbon Dated and Proud
Admin
Alot of various sites usually post the release date for a game long before it's set, but here's the first one for Fallout by Bethesda. According to Meristation the release date for Fallout 3 is 10 of November 2005..

Well...it's probably in the right ballpark..but...
Thanks to Briosafreak/Bateman_P for informing us.

A year and a bit from now.. they must have a lot of people working on it then if they want it done that quickly... Unless my view is just old fasioned and it's a normal ammount of time :)

That's a rather sudden date.

Either they are devoting a tremendous amount of staff to it, or theyre just making it a TES4 mod.

That, or theyre using preexisting tech.

lol and they keep on telling us they havent decided or planned anything yet :p

if thats the case i'm betting for september 2007 ;-))

Or they're telling everyone 11/05 to get pre-orders in, then they'll push it back to 2007.

Well this type of dates will surely show up a lot, i wouldn`t loose much sleep about it, still i wonder if they really started doing distribution deals.

I sure am glad they know when it will be finished without having thought about how they'll even going to make it. So will they shape the game after the release date, not the date depending on the game progress? Another good thing is that they'll develop it for almost one year and a half! Now I really have hope in Bethesda (I always disliked this name).

Welllll

let us hope they maybe got a hold of SOMETHING that will help them keep it in line with what FO is... and not just a slap a bunch of things together game.

{sighs}

"Think positive, Ro... think positive"

Ok, maybe the date is a good thing.....

maybe

Hmmm... A year and a half?

Seems a bit short, doesn't it?

Perhaps... They started out with pre-existing material?

I can't see how they could finish two massive games in such a short time, simultaneously. I am willing to wait years for a quality Fallout game and don't want some half arsed job. To do it properly even with a massive staff of talented people is challenge enough already, I do hope that they devote the time to Fallout that it deserves and is needed.

Hey, how come no one has raised the possibility of that being just BS from some no-name spanish site?

i am actually surprised in an anxious way. my gut feeling tells me that with practically ZERO experience on making the game, will Bethseda manage to pull it off?

nope..unless..hmmm...they use the existing backstory created by former BIS staff (but that wont happen because all the BIS staff are scattered).. and probably they'd change the isometric to first person which will suck so bad my fart will actually smell like roses from a beautiful garden.

gud luck Bethseda. word of advice: take you time and pray. :D

15-16 month dev cycle? Not a chance. If they pump it out that fast, it won't be worth anyone's time, that's for sure.

Dudes... how can you trust a random spanish site? Bethesda has said NOTHING....

They can absolutley comlete the game if the yuse the first person wiew engine withc they already have and just "borow" a few ideas from Herves little head lets say for exange for his little ofice :idea:

There's no way that can be the real date, or even close right? Well I guess if they reuse the morrowind engine they could get it out that fast? :?

There is the possiblitiy thatt they're using the engine for Van Buren. I mean, technically the game never existed. It wouldn't be that hard for them to claim it as their own (and give credit to Interplay in the fine print).

Or, like Macaco said,

just BS from some no-name spanish site?

Sounds like a scam, to me. Maybe they'll have pre-orders in a few months?

well, of the limited amount of data they gave about the project, pete did say they are starting from scratch, and not using the van buren engine... the question is, did they buy the rights to van buren(i really hope they won't use van buren... that engine is... old... )

Back