General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Civ IV
considering getting the "warlord" (?) add-on.
Just finished Stalker, the rail gun provoked a wave of fallout nostalgia. Vultures eye. Just had the urge to play alpha centauri again.

At the moment, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., just entered X16. Haven't been so scared since playing System Shock 2.
I've also installed Arcanum on my old PC, but, of course, it won't work. Crap.

The Commissar said:
Most Everyone said:
STALKER Iron sights blah blah
Playing on Master with the crosshair disabled, iron sights are pretty much the only way to aim. I have not encountered "Poor" iron sight accuracy at all, although I only got to play about 3 hours last week. The best weapon I had managed to get was an AKS-74M (I'm pretty sure) from one of those army base patrols right at the beginning and it handled just fine. So many people have been complaining about it though, is my memory failing or does everyone else just suck at shooting?
i shoot better irl than with the iron sights on the AK's ingame. nuff said. :roll:

the other rifles are just fine though. even the Viper 5 (mp5 mod/ripoff) has better long range accuracy with iron sights than the AKs have.

Was soloing a zen-master in Wizards & Warriors, but the dude is just so over-powered that the game is not challenging.

GalCivII: DA
Civ IV (the Warlords expansion is worth it, I think)
Bloodlines (Go Wesp5!)
DoW:DC
RoN: RoL (got sucked in by the steam-punk look)

Of course, FO & FO2 have permanent real-estate on my HD, though I'm not currently playing either. I'76 is another that's still there but hasn't been played in a while.

I've also been playing Etrom: The Astral Essence. Meh, reminds me a little of Soulbringer. I wouldn't recommend either unless you are particularly bored and you can get them dirt cheap.

EDIT: I forgot to add The Warriors. *Sigh*, I wish there were more games where you could beat the ever-lovin' shit out of people with your bare hands.

mirdza said:
Sorrow said:
Laser Squad - The ancestor of X-Com series. I played it a lot on my C-64 when I was in primary school.

Thought I was the only one, Laser Squad was my all time best ever game on C64, once I played it for 6 months continuously, without loading any other game.
Heh :) .
Sometimes I think that it has better atmosphere than X-Com :) ...

In SP:

STALKER & C&C3 (only to see the geeky cut scenes :wiggle:)

MP:

Warhammer: Dark Crusade

Close Combat: Cross of Iron

FEAR

Madbringer how long ago where you playing UO i used to play on napper valley shard not my local shard but I had some cool friends for various char room's who convinced me to play on it :) my main Chars name was Mr.Bong

Muff said:
Madbringer how long ago where you playing UO i used to play on napper valley shard not my local shard but I had some cool friends for various char room's who convinced me to play on it :) my main Chars name was Mr.Bong

No no, not UO. AO - Anarchy Online. :)

I did play UO for some time tho, but i never really got much into it, dunno why, it seemed like a very good game when i tried it out.

Ah ok my mistake sorry dude, just a thaught I lost intrest in UO because of the whole lack of space to build new a new house and that you could not role play in town's very well if you where doing a medevil assassination plot type story because the guards would show up and smack you in the head with a poleaxe.

Sorrow said:
mirdza said:
Thought I was the only one, Laser Squad was my all time best ever game on C64, once I played it for 6 months continuously, without loading any other game.
Heh :) .
Sometimes I think that it has better atmosphere than X-Com :) ...

Hmm, you are tempting me to either install a C64 emulator or to get to my cousin's house and claim my C64 back. Violently.

P.S. - Another reason to play King of Dragon Pass:

1172785970053tz9.jpg

Tried S.T.A.L.K.E.R. didn't exactly like it...

So, I'm playing CSI: 3 dimensions of murder, and Americas Army still.

Playing Resident Evil 4 (Euro Release) and hating Ubisoft by the minute for doing a cheapo port. I know it's a console game but if it's getting ported to a more capable platform (PC) you could easily put the nice graphics from the Gamecube version and the goodies from the PS2 Version (it has these). My video card feels underutilized. I like this approach to the RE franchise because it has more action and it's a bit harder than just shooting zombies. I had to drop NWN2 because I felt as if I was playing NWN with somewhat prettier graphics (I say somewhat prettier because I had to tone down the graphics because my 7800 GTX was coughing on battles). I'm postponing Supreme Commander until I have a rig worthy of playing it.

SkynetV4 said:
Playing Resident Evil 4 (Euro Release) and hating Ubisoft by the minute for doing a cheapo port. I know it's a console game but if it's getting ported to a more capable platform (PC) you could easily put the nice graphics from the Gamecube version and the goodies from the PS2 Version (it has these). My video card feels underutilized. I like this approach to the RE franchise because it has more action and it's a bit harder than just shooting zombies. I had to drop NWN2 because I felt as if I was playing NWN with somewhat prettier graphics (I say somewhat prettier because I had to tone down the graphics because my 7800 GTX was coughing on battles). I'm postponing Supreme Commander until I have a rig worthy of playing it.

have you found the mouselook tweak? does it work well?

Back