General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

SkynetV4 said:
Playing Resident Evil 4 (Euro Release) and hating Ubisoft by the minute for doing a cheapo port.
i've commented on it before and indeed it is UNACCEPTABLE.

the cutscenes have worse quality than the ingame graphics, the mouse doesn't work (not even in the menus) and overall handling is just a freaking nightmare.

mirdza said:
have you found the mouselook tweak? does it work well?
not really.

it's better than nothing, but it's still crap.

I was playing Angband but I gave it up pretty quickly. I really like the idea of Rogue-likes, but I can't seem to find one I actually like playing. I like how Nethack and ADOM and others are really complex and random, but I get sick of dying and restarting constantly. Angband, Dungeon Crawl and others like that are easier, but also emptier and more boring.

I guess they're good for what they are, but I can't play any of them for more than a few hours every couple months.

I installed The Fall: Last Days of Gaia today and just played a bit (german version with the english mod).

I haven't run into anything particularly bad as of yet, but it seems pretty... uninteresting so far. I hope it gets better because I'm pretty bored right now.

mirdza said:
have you found the mouselook tweak? does it work well?

To be quite honest, I haven't looked really as I'm using a cordless gamepad which makes me feel as if I'm playing the PS2 version. I wish they would release ports from my favorite console games into the PC, like MGS 3 and Front Mission 4. Not ubi-ports but decent ones with special content. I remember that they released Metal Gear Solid Integral for the PC and it played really well, with nice graphics for it's time and good controls.

Well, I've seen new releases for mouselook tweaks in some websites but it seems like Ubisoft will need to release a HUGE patch for this game. At least if they plan to release the game in the US. They NEED to get the shaders working damnit! They need to fix the cutscenes...mine get cut off after a few seconds.

Just finished all C&C3 campains and found it meh.

Currently playing

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - First time I played the game I thought myself this game is going to be a classic.
PS. also this game needs Brotherhood of Steel Power Armor & Avenger Minigun MOD.

Jade Empire Special Edition - Good RPG similar to KoTOR

Earth 2160 - haven't decided yet like it or hate it, but its not better then Earth 2150 and thats a pity. :/

Oblivion: Shivering Isles & KoTN + MODs - planing tackling this when finished with others.

Hehe Tannhauser your the 1st person who mentions King Of Dragonpass. Awsome game by almost made me want go back to it again.

And finally my laptop has everlasting spot for FO2, PS:T and BG2:ToB full of mods.

Giving Stalker a break right now.

Recently got the kane edition of C&C 3. Played 2 campaign missions and a skirmish, which is all it took to make me realize that the core gameplay hasn't moved on in over 10 years.

Rise of Legends - Anyone else played much of this? I played it through last summer and loved it, so the odd skirmish now and again is still pretty fun. I gota see how the online play is as well, that is, if anyone still plays it.

GMOD - I play this game alot, fucking love it. Anyone fancy joining me on it some time, i have a load of gameplay enhancing mods.

Recently got the kane edition of C&C 3. Played 2 campaign missions and a skirmish, which is all it took to make me realize that the core gameplay hasn't moved on in over 10 years.

Is that good or bad in your opinion?

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

Sorry to not be clear, and the answer is: HORRIBLY BAD!

Hell I enjoyed Generals more, and thats saying something, at least with that game there was a decent variety of units, that had actual tactical distinction. This is just mind numbingly boring now. The units are un-satisfying, and they pretty much totally removed the upgrade system, which is something i enjoy in RTS's. Simply don't buy this game. Play act of war, play supreme commander, just don't play this.

Currently playing Rome: Total War, in between bursts of SimCity 4: Rush Hour and Civ4.

Went to a MANOWAR concert a few days ago, so I just felt the need to restart a Diablo 2 game as I look back on the concert.

In the next few days I will also probably be checking out Shivering Isles (I won it in a contest, heh).

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (anyone knows what to do with ghost's pendrive?) and Diablo2 at the moment. Need to finish BG2 with tactics mod.

Been playing Prince of Perisa the two thrones and The true crime games but finished them all 3 times already bah.... I hate games I can finish in less than a month.

Felt like playing something lighthearted the other day, so fired up Sid Meiers Pirates! again (the recent remake).
This game is so damn addicting, though one tends to play it like crazy for a few days and then get bored of it.

This game could be so awesome if some more depth were added to certain features in the game.

Fun game though.

And about C&C3. I had expected to really like this game since I kinda enjoy the simple mechanics of the series as an alternative to more 'heavy' strategy games. But the game completely failed to grip me. I played a few missions into the campaign and just got bored with it. I have no desire to start it up again.

I have been playing Deadlock, Master of Orion 2, and industrail Giant 2.

Deadlock is a fun game, it is much simplier than Civilization for example, but it is still a fun empire builder.

Master of Orion 2 is just a great game in general.

Industrial Giant 2 is an awesome resource/business management game similar to Railroad Tycoon 3 BUT you have FAR more control over what resources go where. Plus your chains can get extremely complicated but I like it.

Stalker, obviously. It's quite addictive. But even with the patch installed, there were several annoying bugs.

I still have to finish PREY. It's not that great but includes some innovative features. It really makes your head ache if you crouch into a crate and end up in another room with the gravity turned upside down.

Reinstalled the original Tribes for nostalgia's sake. Strangly enough, there are still games going online for it.

I've also been playing Civ4: Warlords and Age Of Empires 2: Conquerors (Still my favorite RTS of all time).

Thrawn said:
I have been playing Deadlock

If I ever get back home again, that recruiter's gonna die!

Forced into some free time this week, I too am hitting up some older strategy games. Although not as old school as Deadlock or MOO, I never finished Hegemonia: Legions of Iron, and as of right now, I'm preparing to liberate Mars by nuking the Earth with suicide bombers. TANSTAAFL!

I also recovered a decent joystick, and will probably try and blast my way through at least a couple of tours in TIE Fighter before the end of the week. Why so many space games? No idea, but they're just holding me over until Silent Hunter 4 gets some good patching.

Back