General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

requiem_for_a_starfury said:
I think it depends on which mercs you hired, the relationships between them will affect any dialogue.

Try the 1.13 mod http://ja2v113.schtuff.com/ they are doing terrific work in revamping this old game and breathing new life into it.

Indeed, modding helps. I work with a large IMP squad, and occasionaly take one MERC merc ( :roll: ) as a mule/repair dude.

He however made some racial comments and just left. Well, good riddance.

Raven and the other former police dude mostly interact a lot.

I however remember seeing more interaction - just occupied Alma though, so not that far at all.

Anyone got more insight on Wildfire? It seems to be some open-source thing, some people re-created JA2 in open source or so... Don't get the point to that.

General startup tip: Hire a super merc for 1 day, loot his equipment, let him train your other mercs in markmanship for 23 hours - then you've got a kickstart :p

console gaming

Been playing a lot of PS2 games, then giving up out of boredom ten or so hours in.
Just recently started playing Jade Cocoon 2 for the second time and i'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Also playing a bit of Star Wars Battlefront 2 on the side. Which is always good for a quick diversion.
Anyone ever played Galactic Civilization II: Dread Lords?
I just baught it, but my PC won't run it, just wondering if i'm missing out, or if I wasted my money. Well, beside the fact that my PC won't run it.

boer_kameel said:
Anyone got more insight on Wildfire? It seems to be some open-source thing, some people re-created JA2 in open source or so... Don't get the point to that.
Wildfire was a fan created mod for JA2 that got commercially released, kind of like Hammer & Sickle for Silent Storm. I've not played it so I can't tell you more than that. The source code for JA2 was also released and the 1.13 project is using that to create a patch to improve the game. Fix any bugs, add in new features, polish up old ones. Not recreate the game.

For instance they've changed the resolution, replaced the character creation with the simplified version from UB, added new guns and ammo types, a to hit meter, tracer rounds etc. Currently they are working on expanding the inventory and adding new animations such as firing the rocket launcher prone. Their aim is to create a new baseline, with most of the game dat in external files, for modders to work with along with a new editor.

Currently Replaying: Fallout 1 and KOTOR 2

I can't wait to see and download the Team Gizka Restoration Project Mod for KOTOR 2. :D

As far as MMOs go: Lord of the Rings Online.

Started playing Pokemon Diamond again :roll: already played around 100 hours... curse you, Pokemon! :(

Gave Serious Sam a spin again, too. Man, i've forgot how fucking l33t that game is :D Enjoyed every second of it, too bad it's so short.

Planning to FINALLY go through Baldur's Gate trilogy, with all the mods i can pack in it (mega-install). That's probably going to be what my vacations will come down to, lol. :roll:

ToB was an expansion just like Tales of the Sword Coast... Although, of course, unlike TotSC, it did advance the story.

Lord Elden said:
ToB was an expansion just like Tales of the Sword Coast... Although, of course, unlike TotSC, it did advance the story.

Therefore may be considered the third part.

Mikael Grizzly said:
Lord Elden said:

Therefore may be considered the third part.

Afaik, it's not, though. From what i've read on various Baldur's Gate related forums (mainly modding communities, like Spellhold Studios), both Throne of Bhaal and Tales of the Sword Coast are being treated for what they are, game expansions.

Sorrow nailed what i was refering to, sorry if i was a little bit vague.

Anyway, BGT really adds a whole lot fun into your average Baldur's Gate 1 experience, what with quest logging, various bugfixes, higher resolutions (thanks to using BG2 engine). It's a god-damn pain in the ass to install tho, especially if you're also installing all the other big mods for both BG1 and BG2.

edit: I just stopped to think and gave a thought as to why the mod is called "Trilogy", and indeed, i think Throne of Bhaal, even tho it's seen as an expansion, is treated as important enough to make the Baldur's Gate series a trilogy. Bleh, mind lags :roll:

Currently playing: Age of Empires 3

Using the Map Editor to create a battle between thousands of settlers, and 300 redcoats. It's going to be epic.

I can't wait to see and download the Team Gizka Restoration Project Mod for KOTOR 2.

Thanks for reminding me of that. Looks like it will be finished soon. Gonna have to dig up my KOTOR2 copy to experience the mod. I wonder what the folks at Obsidian thinks about that.

Anyways, been playing a few different things.

Been slightly addicted to CivIV for a bit. Didn't like CivIII, and it's been such a long time since I played II that I can't quite remember and compare them (IV and II that is) to each other. Can't seem to find my CivII copy anymore, dangit.

Been playing a few Neverwinter Nights 1 modules. Mostly looking forward to the sequel to the excellent mod called Almraiven (highly recommended) at the moment. Downloaded a mod made specifically for Bards yesterday called The Song Divine. Not the best I've played, but having a mod for Bards is kinda fun, and it seems to be well done. Haven't quite hooked me yet.

Played two recently released mods for NWN2 called Nighthowls in Nestlehaven and Subtlety of Thay. Both lack a lot of polish, and are just a bit to combat heavy for my taste, but they give a great look at the potential of modding for NWN2. While there are still kinks, I must admit that I really enjoy the engine for NWN2. It still feels like an engine made for PnP feel roleplaying, and it looks quite beautiful as well (the environment anyways). Looking forward to Rogue Daos upcoming Planescape Trilogy modules.

Reinstalled Temple of Elemental Evil, and finally downloaded "the big mod" (can't remember the name of it) but I haven't played yet. Just played through the tutorial again just to re-familiarize myself with the again, and this is another game that I think is absolutely beautiful to look at as well as being functional.

Gave Oblivion another try, this time with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul which is praised on many sites. However, still got bored almost right away when thinking about how little the game (quests and so on) changes from one character build to another.

Also gonna replay Planescape: Torment later on since I found a fix for some very annoying crashing issues I had.

TheFondler said:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 3

Using the Map Editor to create a battle between thousands of settlers, and 300 redcoats. It's going to be epic.

That game blows...

Breathe of Fire 3 baby.

Lately, I've been playing Civ 4 multiplayer 1vs1. As it turns out, the games don't take all that long to play out - usually the victor is evident at the end of the first 18 hours of gameplay.

Back