General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

I'm pretty much at work all the time now, but I spend my wee hours at home playing Diablo 2 LOD and Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess on the Wii.

Diablo 2... insanely addicting as always
Zelda... very awesome adventure

Well I was trying to play Star Wolves 2 because I had enjoyed the first installment despite the bad voice acting from the russian developer. Much to my amusement the voice acting in 2 was on a level so much worse than the original that I think my ears actually began to bleed.

After 15 minutes of play I was trying to find a way to turn off the voiceovers so I could enjoy the game, unfortunately it's either listen to the remedial style 1st grade level non-english speaking voice actors or turn off the sound completely. I haven't played since the first night I installed it. I can only hope there's a patch or some mod at some point to fix the voice acting.

Well, I started up a new game in Temple of Elemental Evil with the Circle of Eight patch installed, + the addon thingie.
Some of the new content is a bit meh, but no bugs yet, so it's worth it really. When I played the Vanilla game, I had so many crashes I couldn't play the game properly.

And I have to say, I really like this game now that it works. It's to bad Troika chose ToEE to bring to the computer (not that interesting), but I still really find it enjoyable, and I'm no lover of dungeon crawls usually. The combat just fuckin' rocks, and is often pretty challenging (though I think the difficulty could be pushed a bit in some areas). Unfortunately I hear the Co8 mod have a tendency to unbalance the game towards the endgame. Oh well.

Once you get going with the game (finishing some of the boring quests in the starting town), I really think it becomes enjoyable. If anyone hasn't tried it, I'd really recommend it (with the mod to remove those pesky bugs) if you don't feel like killing yourself just thinking of dungeon crawls.

requiem_for_a_starfury said:
boer_kameel said:
Anyone got more insight on Wildfire? It seems to be some open-source thing, some people re-created JA2 in open source or so... Don't get the point to that.
Wildfire was a fan created mod for JA2 that got commercially released, kind of like Hammer & Sickle for Silent Storm. I've not played it so I can't tell you more than that. The source code for JA2 was also released and the 1.13 project is using that to create a patch to improve the game. Fix any bugs, add in new features, polish up old ones. Not recreate the game.

For instance they've changed the resolution, replaced the character creation with the simplified version from UB, added new guns and ammo types, a to hit meter, tracer rounds etc. Currently they are working on expanding the inventory and adding new animations such as firing the rocket launcher prone. Their aim is to create a new baseline, with most of the game dat in external files, for modders to work with along with a new editor.

Thanks for this explanation! I'll be googling these advances then, seems interesting...

Dont have a lot of time to play but i fill maybe one hour tops a day with the Quake Wars Beta and Medieval 2 Total War (patched and modded :P)

"You Are Empty" ..Finally ...i got to run the damn thing .
the funny thing is that i have to play it on my brothers old PC ,it wont run on my newest pc .
thats a real Pain ,i love this game and i cant play it on my pc.i hope the guys at Digtital Spray will soon release a patch for this .

Edit : nope ...the damn thing is giving me errors again.the main menu of the game is all fucked up.if anyone knows a solution to this problem please pm me !

playing Overlord atm. fun game.

although i've not gotten far yet, i do feel it isn't evil enough. (but maybe that'll change later on)

ugh... i killed a hero, returned to pick up a thingy and hups, the hero is respawned. now, in itself not too bad, except seeing the hero sends you into a cutscene where you pretty much loose all your minions.

also, you can only autosave, not really save yourself.

typical for a console game, but sucky as fuck on pc.

(@ Overlord)

I just got a Xbox 360 about 1 month ago, because I couldn't get my hands on Nintendo Wii, it was just consistently sold out every week in my area for about 4 months, so I gave up.

I've been playing the Xbox Live arcade which is pretty fun.

Original Doom 4-player co-op and death match, online

Fighting against people online in Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat 3

Playing 4 person deathmatch Worms online

Playing 4 player co-op original Nintendo Gauntlet online

Playing Castlevania SOTN online

Everyone of these games is through Xbox Live Arcade

Other than that, I've been replaying Fallout 1 this week because I've been really hyped up over the Wasteland 2 news.

Shadow Of The Colossus, again. One of my favorite games. Also, thinking about getting CS Source again.

I just finished the longest journey and dreamfall. TLJ was great lots of puzzles but the dialog choices didn't matter at all it was kinda annoying. Dreamfall was crap it was just one long cutscene with a few trivial puzzles. I hope the designers get the next one right.

rabidpulse said:
I just finished the longest journey and dreamfall. TLJ was great lots of puzzles but the dialog choices didn't matter at all it was kinda annoying. Dreamfall was crap it was just one long cutscene with a few trivial puzzles. I hope the designers get the next one right.

Weird, I'm playing TLJ now and Dreamfall is next on my list. I'm really enjoying it so far TLJ so far; I think after I finish Dreamfall I'm going to have to dig out all the old Sierra and Lucasarts games.

rabidpulse said:

well...TLJ and Dreamfall are one of the best Graphic Adventure games i have ever played on the pc . Mostly because of the Story and the Atmosphere .I agree that dreamfall was mostly like a long cutscene but the story and the twists were kinda interesting.btw...the Part in russia was the best part of the game in my opinion .

damn...i think its time to actually replay both games .

Back