Hearing "War never changes" in Fallout 4 is so cringeworthy.

It seems like a total dystopia on the east coast. At least the west coast still has the human spirit in it. The people on the east coast don't even want to seem to actually try again.

That's so true. Like the assholes at Rivet City constantly whine about Project Purity.
"blah blah blah Project Purity was a failure James was a failure if you go after you're dad you'll die blah blah"

The West Coast actually thinks "hey we can make stuff work and make a government and all that!"

I can't say this about many games, but Fallout 4's intro made me put my controller down and walk away from my TV the instant I heard the male SS's voice. If it wasn't bad enough that Ron Perlman was reduced to basically a cameo and their blatant disregard for anyone intending on playing as a female, Bethesda had the bright idea to have their own protagonist be the origin of the series's most iconic line (that they didn't even make up in the first place.).

I can't say this about many games, but Fallout 4's intro made me put my controller down and walk away from my TV the instant I heard the male SS's voice. If it wasn't bad enough that Ron Perlman was reduced to basically a cameo and their blatant disregard for anyone intending on playing as a female, Bethesda had the bright idea to have their own protagonist be the origin of the series's most iconic line (that they didn't even make up in the first place.).

The main problem was that the voice was so bland. It had the most iconic line in Fallout, and yet was given to a gruff White male #4523?

According to the news announcer, it was an expression that already existed among soldiers in the U.S. army.

Not only that, but the whole intro is a bunch of forced drama on the same level as Call of Duty. The whole story including the intro is the definition of contrived.

The game is the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced with video games. It is the Dragon Age 2, the Deus Ex: Invisible War, the Thief (reboot), the Red Faction Armageddon, the XCOM: Bureau Declassified, the Duke Nukem Forever of the entire Fallout franchise.

According to the news announcer, it was an expression that already existed among soldiers in the U.S. army.
Oh yeah, from the first trailer, right? I just prefer the line to be associated with Ron's disembodied voice. Does anyone really need an in-universe origin for a tagline? And the dialogue was kind of awkward too. Who really says that when their home country is getting nuked?

Last edited:
Back