Hearing "War never changes" in Fallout 4 is so cringeworthy.

I swear, if Bethesda could wipe all existence of Black Isle and Obsidian's work off the map, they probably would. Rewrite history in their favour - make it so that Fallout 1 and 2 looks like flawed games that they made and that Fallout 4 was what it was meant to be.

The only reason they still sell the original games are for money. Otherwise, they would be wiping that slate clean. Hell, the Steam page for Fallout now says that Bethesda Softworks is Fallout 1's publisher thanks to the legal issues.

How would you feel if one day Bethesda found a reason to sue Obsidian into bankruptcy? Could that happen, and even if it couldn't, how would you imagine yourself reacting if it happened?

I can't imagine the people in positions of authority at Bethesda much care about whose vision of Fallout is superior as long as the dollars keep flowing in, honestly.

I can't imagine the people in positions of authority at Bethesda much care about whose vision of Fallout is superior as long as the dollars keep flowing in, honestly.

No, the up-tops at Bethesda Softworks couldn't care less. I meant Bethesda Game Studios, who keep acting like they have some rivalry with Obsidian.

They don't have any legal authority within the company, so even if they wanted to they couldn't litigate. But I'm not sure there is any rivalry between Bethesda and Obsidian to reflect that of each developer's fans. Did I miss a news post, or did someone from Bethesda make some derogatory remark about Obsidian or something?

Maybe a one sided rivalry where Obsidian doesn't care and Bethesda are being tryhards.
Not that they're in a position to compete with Obsidian's work(well with logic, gameplay mechanics, and writing) besides the money flowing in from their marketing cash cow Fallout 4.

I swear, if Bethesda could wipe all existence of Black Isle and Obsidian's work off the map, they probably would. Rewrite history in their favour - make it so that Fallout 1 and 2 looks like flawed games that they made and that Fallout 4 was what it was meant to be.
Who says aren't. In Fallout 4 Bethesda was trying desperately to rewrite the lore that the previous Fallout games established. The did it a little in Fallout 3 but the really tried their damnest in Fallout 4. I shudder to think what they will do in Fallout 5.

Isn't that an EA tactic, to sue someone, not because they actually have a case, but because they know the lawsuit alone will bankrupt the company?

Yeah, I can see Bethesda Softworks doing that.

.. I can't stand seeing Vault Boy anymore either.
Neither do I. The same goes for bethesdean Pip-Boy, or laser weaponry made out of cardboard boxes.
As for the „War. War never changes.” slogan, I started Fallout yesterday and everything sounds alright, as always. Never heard it in any bethesdean game though.

They once sued Mojang for using the world Scrolls in his next project.
Haha, I forgot about that. What the hell were they thinking suing one of the most then-beloved developers in the industry over something so trivial? Mojang aren't even a competitor. Well, I guess they sort of are now, with this clumsy-ass Minecraft shit they've shoehorned into Fallout 4.

Haha, I forgot about that. What the hell were they thinking suing one of the most then-beloved developers in the industry over something so trivial? Mojang aren't even a competitor. Well, I guess they sort of are now, with this clumsy-ass Minecraft shit they've shoehorned into Fallout 4.
'It's not minecraft! It's unique, awesome and purely Bethesda! Go somewhere else noob and play your out dated bullshit.'

Actual conversation with a Bethesda fan.

Back