I don't think Legendary weapons should be in the game.

Do you think legendary's should be in the game?

• Total voters
Tbh I would prefer a system where the blend of powerful unique items can be found at whatever level however it might be limited to ammo or might be hard to get ! If you give the player character a power wep but make it hard to get either through dialogue or quest this is much more rewarding for the player. Crni you would be right about the power Armour thing however I don't actually think power Armour re spawns in fallout 4. But I think your right about getting the right blend.

I think legendary items was a nice idea however for a fallout game I think its bit to showy. It can massive OP the player if they get the right legendary early even though there is safe guards against that. It also penalizes players who play at low difficulty's as they have less chance to find legendary items. They system also makes weapons you get from quest less meaningful as you can already get OP wepons for killing one monster. Atleast getting high level weapons in other fallout games where you add to clear out an area of high level enemys just for one gun rather than just kill one legendary

My bad, I mean if you visit a location at lvl 1, there will be a Tb 45 or what ever the weakest PA is, however, if you ignore the location and visit it at lvl 40+ there is a chance that you find the second or even the best PA of the game, but I think that is not true for every location, just a few. Which is pretty much how Oblivion worked. There was almost no unique item to be found, and those that you could get, have been so ridiculously weak that it wasn't really worth to keep it around ... which is a different to Morrowind, the progression was very different. You could obtain some very strong items already at a quite low level, however you had to know where to find them, and it was pretty difficult to get them. Morrowind had a lot of hand placed items.

For a game like F4, that has such a high focus on loot and finding unique locations, this emphasis on randomness is very shitty. There are people out there making farming guides on how to get legendary items ... farming guides ... what is this? An MMO?

Yeah I understand what you mean completely now you've explained more. For example you can got to a secret area and find best PA however once at a certain level you can find that PA anywhere which as you rightly state is stupid it does't even make scene in the slightest. You should only be able to find that rare power Armour in a few location no matter what level otherwise lorewise it does't even make scene but tbh lore wise it does't even make senc eto find the amount of power Armour you find and the places you find it in. So yeah I say overall the system is pretty fudged

For a fact that people love searching for loot so much they really don't like to actually search for it.

Spot on. Exploring in Bethesda's games is pointless since loot is leveled.

I can't stop comparing the Gothic series to The Elder Scrolls, because Gothic I and II wipe the floor with all of TES, even Morrowind.

Spot on. Exploring in Bethesda's games is pointless since loot is leveled.

I can't stop comparing the Gothic series to The Elder Scrolls, because Gothic I and II wipe the floor with all of TES, even Morrowind.

Actually I made a thread about the Gothic series but it hasnt gotten as much love as id hoped, feel free to share your thoughts there :D .

As for legendary weapons there as much of a mistake as pipe weapons and WWII.

It's a concept they use since Oblivion. And it was shitty in Oblivion, it was shitty in Fallout 3, it was shitty in Skyrim and it is shit now. But it seems this time, they don't even attempt to hide the system. It's alright to have some randomness, in an open world game. But Morrowind was really great mix between randomness and unique powerfull items. The worst part of it is, that a lot of stuff is tied to your level now. I don't know how so many people find Bethesda games ... immersive ... oh hey! A place you visited before is now repopulated, but instead of the lvl 5 power armor it has now a full suit of top notch enclave armor inside! Yaaaay ... I guess? For a fact that people love searching for loot so much they really don't like to actually search for it.

So true on that last part. It was fun as hell to explore in NV to find some lovely unique weapon that not only look different, but was pretty damn different for the most part, like the Pew Pew laser pistol. Red color, jury-rigged look on the power cell, wires, and the damn laser shot out pure orange. Or Mercy, which rusted, had a larger barrel, and fired out 40mm nades. Dinner Bell with the lovely camo and each of these have something similar: They were relics, and you had to actually find the damn bastards before acquiring them, which meant going through some either dangerous, or long, rough travel.

Now these weapons just randomly pop out whenever you kill some big-ass bulletsponge.

Back