Many a True Nerd "Fallout 3 is Better than you Think"

I don't think he's done anything to earn a ban
If he continues to be this confrontional and calling people "basement dwellers", he will eat a ban. Hass doesn't have patience for people going around causing conflict at every turn.

When a moderator types out Monty Python nonsense and instantly jumps to the conclusion that someone who likes Fallout 3 and dares to come on here is a:
You know there's a problem.
Do you really think your little forum of about 10 active users is important enough to be a ritual for EVERY Bethesda fan to slam dunk to prove their loyalty to God Todd?
If so, you're delusional.
He's being purposefully inflammatory. Not greatly but he's stirring up just enough to try and rile people up. If he's not, then that's something that needs to be worked on if he actually wants to be taken seriously.

I also found this funny.

I don't need to do anything. My word is gospel, just like Chris Avellone's.
Proceeds to not provide any reasons why Fallout 3 is the best. (A debate that is more of an ancient dialogue at this point)
If you don't want to back it up, fine.
Claiming your word is gospel is bullshit.
Got any evidence for those wide claims you're making, pardner?

He's being purposefully inflammatory.
About as "purposefully inflammatory" as your own members saying that Fallout 3 and 4 were made for the common denominator. About as "purposefully inflammatory" as your own moderators calling Bethesda fans trolls and calling for them to be taken the piss out of.

People have to adapt to their surroundings I suppose. An online forum is no different.

Proceeds to not provide any reasons why Fallout 3 is the best
Here's one big reason: Because I liked it, and I think it is the closest thing to perfection a Fallout game could come to.

Last edited:
Do you really think your little forum of about 10 active users is important enough to be a ritual for EVERY Bethesda fan to slam dunk to prove their loyalty to God Todd?

NMA the forum isn't important. Right now 16 members are logged in. Around 70,000 messages are posted a year. Fallout is barely discussed here, this is just a place to hang out that was born of Fallout. NMA the idea is dangerous. The idea that something that has so high critical reviews and sold so well can be met with a simple 'no' is unacceptable to some people. That's why this nothing forum sticks in the craw so much. That's why people who are critical to Bethesda's Fallouts are instantly labelled NMAers.

You are not here to praise Fallout 3 or to dunk on NMA. You are here to rage against an idea you find abhorrent. Good luck with that. Fighting an idea is just tilting against windmills especially considering NMA is not the source of people thinking Bethesda's Fallouts are bad.

Poor you, such a victim. I really do doubt people come here just to shit on your old nerdy 90s games. I for one came here to talk about Fallout 3 and praise it. In the meantime I've gotten myself into about 3 separate debates and had to shit on New Vegas, 1 and 2. All of which I would have preferred NOT to do, to make a point.

If I was going to praise chocolate the thought of dunking on marshmallows would never cross my mind.

When a moderator types out Monty Python nonsense and instantly jumps to the conclusion that someone who likes Fallout 3 and dares to come on here is a:

You know there's a problem.

It's Fallout 2 reference which is a Monty Python reference.

NMA the idea is dangerous. The idea that something that has so high critical reviews and sold so well can be met with a simple 'no' is unacceptable to some people. That's why this nothing forum sticks in the craw so much. That's why people who are critical to Bethesda's Fallouts are instantly labelled NMAers.
I honestly never considered that and it's truly hilarious to me. The fact that such a small forum can rile up forums as big as Bethesda.net or sites like Reddit.

For a company that apparently can do no wrong and it's beyond criticism, it sure got a ton of fans that comes to its defense in an instant, even though Bethesda is supposed to be immune to criticism.

Last edited:
Is it time? Time for NMA to show how “toxic” we are? Time to shit on another person who irrationally hates the fact that we don’t share their love for Bethesda?

Christmas just ended and it’s here again. Praise be.

About as "purposefully inflammatory" as your own members saying that Fallout 3 and 4 were made for the common denominator. About as "purposefully inflammatory" as your own moderators calling Bethesda fans trolls and calling for them to be taken the piss out of.

I'm not being funny, but literally your second post in one of the threads you created was a long rant about how it's a good thing that our vision of Fallout isn't taken well, and how NMA is a stain on the Fallout community or whatever.

Like, you're free to dislike or criticise this forum, but if you're account, which you created today, seems to be made for the sole purpose of expressing how bad our opinions are, and how bad this forum is for the Fallout community:

Do you not see how that looks?

Maybe you did come here in good faith and got jaded by mild criticism, but if you took literally five seconds to learn some basic introspection, you'd realise that to literally everyone else, your behaviour seems to imply that you're solely here to shit on this forum and it's users.

The first notification featuring this new guy that I got was for my Fallout 3 thread that was meant to be a parody of Chunglord’s NV one.

I can’t help but feel partially responsible.

1*34cHzOUSc_WBObpFggEhog.png

Looking at Walter's posts, I predict that it'll be banned within this week or in a couple of weeks if it's flailing around like a Bethestard becomes amusing to Hass to keep around.

The direct inflamatory stuff would make it a short stay though.

The idea that something that has so high critical reviews and sold so well can be met with a simple 'no' is unacceptable to some people
I don't care if you hate Fallout 3. I don't care if you hate any Bethesda game. Even I am critical of Bethesda at times.

What I don't like is your blatant attacks on ordinary users such as myself for simply liking the game. It makes you come off as assblasted that Interplay crash landed in Hell and Fallout almost got dragged with it. Bethesda saved it, and if you don't recognize that, well then, there's a clear issue.

You don't have to like these games. But your users even go on other forums to shit talk and trash it. r/Fallout, YouTube, /v/, /fog/, GUNetwork. This has been proven before with Logical Phallusy and your cult-like adoration for his autistic views on the franchise. Do you truly believe it's a "state of mind"?
You are not here to praise Fallout 3 or to dunk on NMA. You are here to rage against an idea you find abhorrent
I'm here to praise Fallout 3, and engage with your users. So far, your users have not invited me to any meaningful discussion that doesn't involve dogpiling, running around in circles and even the small little posts I make not intended to start a big discussion I have to 'justify' for some reason. Right. Does someone who like Fallout 1 have to justify themselves, then?

No. Nobody does. It's an opinion, in my case it's fact. And there's nothing you can do about it. There's absolutely no way you can erase my memory of Fallout 3 and make me hate it.
If I was going to praise chocolate the thought of dunking on marshmallows would never cross my mind.
Every Fallout game has it's advantages and disadvantages. When there's elements that the Bethesda games do well but aren't recognized for it and attacked because "bethesda bad" it's my prerogative to retort it.
It's Fallout 2 reference which is a Monty Python reference.
I knew that. But talking in riddles, from a different Fallout game, on Fallout 3 discussion is not humorous or witty.
Like, you're free to dislike or criticise this forum, but if you're account, which you created today, seems to be made for the sole purpose of expressing how bad our opinions are, and how bad this forum is for the Fallout community:
My first posts were praising Fallout 3. Not criticizing others opinions. If I intended to do that, I would've hopped straight to it, right?
Maybe you did come here in good faith and got jaded by mild criticism, but if you took literally five seconds to learn some basic introspection, you'd realise that to literally everyone else, your behaviour seems to imply that you're solely here to shit on this forum and it's users.
Haha really. I'm the bad guy because I praised Fallout 3 and defended myself once I was dogpiled.

:confused:

But your users even go on other forums to shit talk and trash it. r/Fallout, YouTube, /v/, /fog/, GUNetwork. This has been proven before with Logical Phallusy and your cult-like adoration for his autistic views on the franchise. Do you truly believe it's a "state of mind"?
Why do you care about this sort of stuff then? If you don't believe it, why bother being offended by these opposing views? If they don't disturb you or pester you IRL, why be so aggresive?

Also, I find it bizarre you would consider fans of older Fallout or those critical of Bethesda's Fallout to be solely users of NMA instead of jaded Fallout fans, those whose opinions have changed over time etc. If NMA had that kind of influence, Fallout would remain an isometric RPG that explored the ethics of a post-apocalyptic world. Also, I guess you'd rope in users like @CT Phipps as an aggressive Fallout 3 hater even though he likes the game and is a frequent user of this forum. I'd go so far to say he's doing a better job at liking 3 better than you.

Does someone who like Fallout 1 have to justify themselves, then?
Well, if they say they are huge fans of the sapient rodents that were cut of the final game and that they would have made the game legendary, they'd have to justify it.

Some who like certain aspects of Fallout 1 (time limit, the grim setting, pop culture Easter Eggs like the Tardis, the Master being justified etc.) do justify their points and people do hit back at those points. They don't start insulting people and mocking their points with dull one-line insults and repeat short statements masquerading as point.

You're nothing special. Forums like NMA see things like you all the time. Same intro posts, same devolution of points, same whining and trolling.

P.S: If you want to meet the people responsible for users trashing 3, go to RPGCodex. NMA is but a mild-mannered supervisor compared to their insidious masterminding.
:hide:

You're nothing special. Forums like NMA see things like you all the time. Same intro posts, same devolution of points, same whining and trolling.

But i miss the part where before going to FO3's full defense force, he strategically inserted in another thread an unconditional love for Fallout 1. :(

But i miss the part where before going to FO3's full defense force, he strategically inserted in another thread an unconditional love for Fallout 1
What?

Why do you care about this sort of stuff then? If you don't believe it, why bother being offended by these opposing views? If they don't disturb you or pester you IRL, why be so aggresive?
A reflection of their behavior towards me.
Also, I find it bizarre you would consider fans of older Fallout or those critical of Bethesda's Fallout to be solely users of NMA instead of jaded Fallout fans, those whose opinions have changed over time etc
NMA was one of the biggest contributors to the spread of that ideology. In fact, it was only rivalled by the RPGcodex in comparison.
If NMA had that kind of influence, Fallout would remain an isometric RPG that explored the ethics of a post-apocalyptic world.
That's the thing. Nobody wants that except for a select few. NMA and RPGcodex. They are the vocal minority but still vocal.
They don't start insulting people and mocking their points with dull one-line insults and repeat short statements masquerading as point.
Is comprehension not your strong suit? Read back in the thread. All I did was praise Fallout 3 in the beginning before others begged me for an explanation, where even a janny had to get involved and voice his shit opinion (or was it riddle? I never understand with these people).
P.S: If you want to meet the people responsible for users trashing 3, go to RPGCodex. NMA is but a mild-mannered supervisor compared to their insidious masterminding.
RPGcodex is a contributor but NMA is another big contributor. Don't think for a second that the death of the forum has absolved it of that status.

Fallout 3 had its ups and downs but I felt like it was a good way to introduce the franchise to a large new console-using audience while also giving an atmosphere that was bleak and radioactive while also nostalgic.

Lots of people love it to this day even if, yes, NV improved on it in most ways and even I acknowledge that.

It's the AC to NV's AC2.

Fallout 3 had its ups and downs but I felt like it was a good way to introduce the franchise to a large new console-using audience while also giving an atmosphere that was bleak and radioactive while also nostalgic.

Lots of people love it to this day even if, yes, NV improved on it in most ways and even I acknowledge that.

It's the AC to NV's AC2.
You know when you're dealing with a troll when after giving your positive opinion on 3 and praising NV as well, the troll that 'loves' 3 asks you to justify why you are positive with NV. Probably would have started insulting you as well.

It got banned though so end of story there.

I stand by the fact that Fallout 3 actually does show a lot of understanding and love for the originals, and tries it's best to make a new version of it. You can see homages, and subtle references throughout the entire game, and it's obvious that they put a lot of effort in.

Problem is that unfortunately the more I get in to 1, 2 and New Vegas, the more I kinda start to see the cracks in Fallout 3. It's just not as well-thought out.

It's like, you can play all you want of Fallout and constantly have an understanding of every part of it, but still not understand things like themes, tone, and other of the more subtle nuances. It's like Fallout 3 sees Supermutants and wants to write their own version in a way that's justified and in their minds consistent, but they don't have the same history and depth to what Supermutants originally were. Bethesda might read something like "The Brotherhood of Steel doesn't like mutants" in a lore document, and then make that a core part of their identity, rather than a circumstantial result of their past missions. They just don't understand why these things were present.

Moreover, Fallout 3 honestly feels incredibly naive and childish to me. Like Fallout 1 and 2 feel incredibly "political", not in a real world sense, but more in the sense of they are discussing the politics of the wasteland.

Fallout 1 has a deep mistrust of pretty much every kind of authority, with the Water Merchats being a distrust of private institutions gaining too much economic control over their society, the Regulators (And early writings of Killian) being state authority, the Children of the Cathedral being religious institutions misleading already impoverished groups of people into ideologies against their interests.

Even Fallout 2 will have some silly groups like the Slaver's Guild and kinda work them in to everything: Redding casually uses slave labour, Vault City considers themselves saviours t the slaves who they feel are better off with them, New Reno and the Enclave will gladly use slaves as test subjects or labourers with no consideration of the ethics of it all, the NCR will have a slave pen right outside their borders as people trading in the NCR realise their anti-slavery laws(Something with grounding in Free-State, Slave-State rivalries in the pre-civil war era of US history)

Fallout 3 feels kinda like a very naive understanding of history and politics, whereby up until a DLC introduces their reasons, the Slavers seem to just exist to take people as Slaves, the Brotherhood just exist to be the Brotherhood, the Supermutants just exist to be something to shoot at. The actual nuances of why they exist or why it's relevant are kinda brushed under the rug.

It kinda feels like a very naive "This person does and believes and acts like this", without much thought put in to the actual consequences of what they're writing. It kinda feels like a child's view of history, whereby things are adknowledged to have happened, but the reasons behind them are vague and not thought through.

So in short, I have a lot of respect for Fallout 3, but it kinda misses the point of everything it writes and doesn't really think things through.

Back