MIB88 MegaMod - opinions, technical issues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as there is no MIB88 mod thread, I'll just let this stay here as the general MIB88 mod thread and not vat it. Just hope Silencer won't come around and try to overrule this though.

It's working cool while I'm in Arroyo. The problem is, it breaks for me trying to leave. So, while in Arroyo its cool, outside of it, unknown.

MERGED: I posted this in general opinions, but they suggested I repost it the modding section since this is a technical error. It's definetely a cool mod, but I'm seeing a few bugs with it thusfar. I think it has something to do with the New Vision mod component since it concerns primarily Arroyo.

1. You can't leave the main area through either the cave or the South Side exit as the game crashes.
2. Lucas (the chief warrior) doesn't appear as a character. Instead, his name is "Error" and the conversation path you get only says error over and over. (SPOILER) You do get a quest though to skin gekkos for 12 days. HOwever, even if you edit the skins into your inv, you can't actually complete it because he won't take them from you, thus preventing you from leaving Arroyo apparently.
3. The guy near the cave is also named "error"; the one who trained your unarmed skill in the original game.

Other than that, the new quests are pretty cool.

krazrussian said:
1. You can't leave the main area through either the cave or the South Side exit as the game crashes.
2. Lucas (the chief warrior) doesn't appear as a character. Instead, his name is "Error" and the conversation path you get only says error over and over. (SPOILER) You do get a quest though to skin gekkos for 12 days. HOwever, even if you edit the skins into your inv, you can't actually complete it because he won't take them from you, thus preventing you from leaving Arroyo apparently.
3. The guy near the cave is also named "error"; the one who trained your unarmed skill in the original game.

OK, I am able to work on this since I have been given time off for the holidays. But I need you to clarify something. What is the main area you are talking about...do you mean the main Arroyo village map? Are you still having this problem, because I have never had this happen. Anybody else having these issues? Also, this was a large project, so I know there are other issues. If anyone comes across any, please let me know so that I can improve this mod.

I've figured out the error I was having.

Apparently this was an error with my original install. For some reason, when I originally unistalled Fallout 2, it didn't manage to leave my registry. So, technically I guess my PC wasn't recognizing my fresh install as a "new copy of fallout 2" which as I understand was what made the mod fail. When I cleared the registry and did a full re-install, the mod worked just fine. So, sorry, guess I should have deleted my original post.

Ok, found a problem with this that I have no idea how it got in. Seems as though I cannot ask anyone in the Den about Vic. The speech options with the usual people (Flick, the BOS guy, Becky) to ask about Vic don't show up until AFTER I have rescued him from Metzger. I think it is just something that might have gotten messed up in Vic's script, but I have no idea where. Any help with this would be appreciated.

I already know the answer to this question, but just wanted to clarify. This mod doesn't work at all with any others mods via FAME or Modrunner because it doesn't create a patch000.dat file. I wanted to use the infinite NPC's mod with it, but I know it's impossible as far as I understand right?

krazrussian said:
I already know the answer to this question, but just wanted to clarify. This mod doesn't work at all with any others mods via FAME or Modrunner because it doesn't create a patch000.dat file. I wanted to use the infinite NPC's mod with it, but I know it's impossible as far as I understand right?

It may work with most NPCs, actually, if you replace only the NPC scripts. However, you will lose out on a number of other character fixes (I had to make a change to Marcus and a global variable, you will not get the armor changes, and a few other things). If you want to have an army of NPCs following you around though, the Cult of Personality perk now allows this.

hey great mod guys
got a problem though
how can i get into the tunnels under klamath to get that
car part i need?
don't know really
thx for any help

the newby

the car disappeared when I entered Abbey :(

@nidhacker blow up the rocks in that garage behind the Crimson Caravans sign

Lethe said:

Yeah, it will disappear there, Bunker 21, and the truck locations, I believe. Those areas did not have code to create the car for you if you had it when you entered those sites. Sorry, but you'll just have to go on foot to those locations.

MIB88 said:
Lethe said:

Yeah, it will disappear there, Bunker 21, and the truck locations, I believe. Those areas did not have code to create the car for you if you had it when you entered those sites. Sorry, but you'll just have to go on foot to those locations.

Hey MIB88, when I get a free moment, I can probably fix that issue for you. Shouldn't be too difficult to add that code in. I'll let you know what I come up with.

killap said:
Hey MIB88, when I get a free moment, I can probably fix that issue for you. Shouldn't be too difficult to add that code in. I'll let you know what I come up with.

That would be great. I'll work that into my next version along with all your other fixes and a few more modifications. Hopefully that updated version of the vertibird mod will also be available soon so that I can include it as well as work in a way to add more cities to fly to.

hey. Sorry, one more bug or question. Don't know if this is specifically relevant to your mod or some other bug, but for some reason I absolutely can't find the Raiders location anywhere. Done everything quest-wise, searched exactly where its supposed to be, no dice. Again, may not be mod related, I've just never encountered this problem before

krazrussian said:
hey. Sorry, one more bug or question. Don't know if this is specifically relevant to your mod or some other bug, but for some reason I absolutely can't find the Raiders location anywhere. Done everything quest-wise, searched exactly where its supposed to be, no dice. Again, may not be mod related, I've just never encountered this problem before

Did you get the map to the Raider's Base? My patch (which is included in this mod) prevents finding the *secret* base without the map.

i got the same problem with that raider base too, does anyone know where i can find that raider map, another question is how can i enter the tunnels below klamath?, the vertibird mod doesn't work though, i can't get the pilot perk from that guy in broken hills, i tried all variations it ends up with error shown up in the dialog, and is there a walkthrough for that megamod anyway?

Nidhacker said:
i got the same problem with that raider base too, does anyone know where i can find that raider map, another question is how can i enter the tunnels below klamath?, the vertibird mod doesn't work though, i can't get the pilot perk from that guy in broken hills, i tried all variations it ends up with error shown up in the dialog, and is there a walkthrough for that megamod anyway?

The raider map and Klamath caves questions have been addressed. As for any error messages in critter's dialogs, that usually happens when there is some installing mistake. Make sure you have done that properly and that there are no remnants of an earlier installation of the game. Here's a hint, though: you can't just go to Broken Hills and talk to Anthony Fassard to be taught to be a pilot. You have to do or learn something at Navarro first.

Hey. Sorry for late reply.

I actually did get the raiders map, but still have no success finding their base. So I am not exactly sure what you mean by the Raider map issue being addressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back