MIB88 MegaMod - opinions, technical issues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well yes....and no

since the nv mod has changed all the reserved GVARs to have the same name, the question i have is...does the game save them separately or just overlay them (cos that would be bad...yes?)

MasterHan:
actually i meant country version. anyway we may not need that yet...

1: Clean install FO2 (uninstall, delete fallout dir, install)
2: Extract the megamod & the megamod update to two separate folders.
3: Move all the folders from the megamod update into the data folder of the megamod.
4: Move the fallout2.exe from the update to the megamod folder
5: go into the sound\music folder of the megamod and delete all the music files (*.acm) except 25sewer.acm (all the others are already in FO2)
6: In the megamod proto folder set all the files to read-only.
7: The megamod folder should contain fallout2.exe and a data folder.
8: In the fallout2 folder, delete or rename the patch000.dat file (if it exists).
9: Final part, To install just copy the fallout2.exe and the data folder to where you installed the game. (if you don't get asked about overwriting the exe and the data folder then you've done something wrong)

NB: if you keep the megamod folder as is, it makes for an easy re-install.

try it, you'll like it

Guyver8 said:
MasterHan:
actually i meant country version. anyway we may not need that yet...

1: Clean install FO2 (uninstall, delete fallout dir, install)
2: Extract the megamod & the megamod update to two separate folders.
3: Move all the folders from the megamod update into the data folder of the megamod.
4: Move the fallout2.exe from the update to the megamod folder
5: go into the sound\music folder of the megamod and delete all the music files (*.acm) except 25sewer.acm (all the others are already in FO2)
6: In the megamod proto folder set all the files to read-only.
7: The megamod folder should contain fallout2.exe and a data folder.
8: In the fallout2 folder, delete or rename the patch000.dat file (if it exists).
9: Final part, To install just copy the fallout2.exe and the data folder to where you installed the game. (if you don't get asked about overwriting the exe and the data folder then you've done something wrong)

NB: if you keep the megamod folder as is, it makes for an easy re-install.

try it, you'll like it

Thank ye gods, it works!

Thank you SO much! :D

You're welcome MasterHan...

I'm filled with the warm, fuzzy feeling of satisfaction at having helped my fellow man/woman/person

Guyver8 said:
well yes....and no

since the nv mod has changed all the reserved GVARs to have the same name, the question i have is...does the game save them separately or just overlay them (cos that would be bad...yes?)

Hmm. I am still not quite certain what you are asking, but I think I have an idea. I used New Vision as the base and added all other mods on top of it. The 'old variables' were from the original vertibird mod and did not conflict with the original game. However, I kept the variables that New Vision introduced or modified. Whenever the vertibird variables conflicted with New Vision ones, I simply changed them to one of the other unassigned variables (the 'new variables' on the list), since those reserved variables were just empty slots.

Yeah I got what you had done.
But I was trying to understand what the game does with the gvars defined in vault13.gam when saving. The vanilla vault13.gam never had duplicate gvar names, even the reserved/unused ones were uniquely numbered.

New Vision introduced duplicate names for the reserved/unused GVARs by renaming them all.
a) saving space as only one GVAR is saved.
or
b) the GVAR name in vault13.gam is irrelevant to the saving process (so the renaming was just a cleanup as there's no real need for unique names for unused GVARs).

Either way not a problem to NV as they aren't using them, but if 'a' is the case then that would be a problem to the vertibird component of MIB.

Since fallout does almost everything by numbers i suspect 'b' is the case, and i'm asking a stupid question.

Anyway...if you got the stuff i mailed you today, you'll see in the absence of an answer I took a liberty and rendered the question moot for me by naming the vertibird GVARs.
But it would be nice to know for sure...or i don't learn from it (how dangerous would that be eh :? )

Ok, still waiting for the update I submitted to be verified and released for everybody. I have recently added in the Friendly Klint mod and Mr. Fixit and they appear stable. I also have included the latest 1.04 version of the vertibird mod, thanks to help from Guyver8. I suppose I could upload that now, but I'd rather get through some more of Killap's fixes. I have included all of his fixes up to those released on February 10. I was curious, though: are there some things that people want me to include in the Megamod that I haven't gotten to? I am feeling a little generous and I may take requests. I have some maps from Wild_Qwerty for an updated Toxic Caves mod, but the mod is not complete. Looked really cool, though. I also like some of Lich's work and am still playing through his stuff to see what I can incorporate. But, please let me know of your suggestions.

Did you put in the latest frendly Klint version 2.0 found here http://www.geocities.com/andy_aka_dodger/klint2

The Darvin mod might be appreciated for people who choose him over miria, it is part of the Survior mod. I don’t think it has been released separately http://members.chello.at/lisac2k/d-load.htm

The Mystery stanger mod would be great as well.
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=172

I don’t think Lich is working on BSM anymore for the foreseeable future, so that could be included as his final version (don’t quote me) I can proof his latest version; as I have with his previous versions.

I would say include Kaga, but if you end up putting AL in your mod that would give you problems; as he is in that.

New Arroyo, Toxic caves and AL would be great but there not finished

Hey! Nobody touch Davin until I say so!
Hehe... :wink:
You can rip him out, just write some credits, blah-blah... You know the stuff.

Dude101 said:
Did you put in the latest frendly Klint version 2.0 found here http://www.geocities.com/andy_aka_dodger/klint2

The Mystery stanger mod would be great as well.
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=172

I don’t think Lich is working on BSM anymore for the foreseeable future, so that could be included as his final version (don’t quote me) I can proof his latest version; as I have with his previous versions.

I would say include Kaga, but if you end up putting AL in your mod that would give you problems; as he is in that.

New Arroyo, Toxic caves and AL would be great but there not finished

Yes, I did use the latest version of Friendly Klint. I had Davin already separated and ready to go...I just forgot about that one. The mysterious stranger update has been there also since the beginning. As for Kaga, he is already in...he was put in in update 1.
Any others come to mind, just let me know.

maybe you could put the frank horrigan armor mod in. So when you kill horrigan you can loot his body for his armor and weapons.

how about the mod that changes the look of your npc's when the wear difrent armor.

And one of my favorite mods: the cpt corpse cheat tool.

Oracle said:
maybe you could put the frank horrigan armor mod in. So when you kill horrigan you can loot his body for his armor and weapons.

how about the mod that changes the look of your npc's when the wear difrent armor.

And one of my favorite mods: the cpt corpse cheat tool.

B-Team is the one that changes NPC armour and its already in!

I Agree with horrigan armour etc, if its in the game you should be able to loot it! its especialy annoying with those Enclave patrols, if that armour will unbalance the game through looting: it shouldnt be there! Or at least you should be able to salvage peices of armour to construct one set.

edit

Oh yeah I have a map of the Hubologists secret base, which I DL'd from teamX forums, I dont know if it is finished. I dont have the skill to look at it, if you want it i'll mail it.

Dude101 said:
B-Team is the one that changes NPC armour and its already in!

I Agree with horrigan armour etc, if its in the game you should be able to loot it! its especialy annoying with those Enclave patrols, if that armour will unbalance the game through looting: it shouldnt be there! Or at least you should be able to salvage peices of armour to construct one set.

edit

Oh yeah I have a map of the Hubologists secret base, which I DL'd from teamX forums, I dont know if it is finished. I dont have the skill to look at it, if you want it i'll mail it.

Heck yeah! Anything you might have to enhance the game I will gladly take and try to add it. Go ahead and send it to me. As for the power armour for the Enclave guards, I have been thinking about that. It might mess things up a bit. I was thinking along the lines you said, to be able to salvage pieces and put a set together. Make it dependent on luck and a very, very high repair skill...stuff like that. I'll check on the Horrigan armor mod.

well I don't really think that it matters much if it kind of messes up the balance. When you beat horrigan you can get the Fallout 2 book in game anyways and bring every skill to 300%. at that point the balance is already messed up. But repairing the suit seems like an interesting idea. You did unleashed you wrath on him :) so the suit should be rather damaged.

The end boss energy rifle and knife should be on horrigan as well. To bad both weapons don't have pictures for it. Maybe you could edit it. Lich might have the right picture for for the weapons.
As for the B-team mod ....cool, must have forgotten that it was in.

So the cpt corpse cheat tool is a no no ? If not i will try to put it in myself.

Do miria and david both level up in your versions ?

Keep up the good work your mod is awesome !!

Oracle said:
The end boss energy rifle and knife should be on horrigan as well. To bad both weapons don't have pictures for it. Maybe you could edit it. Lich might have the right picture for for the weapons.
As for the B-team mod ....cool, must have forgotten that it was in.

So the cpt corpse cheat tool is a no no ? If not i will try to put it in myself.

Do miria and david both level up in your versions ?

Keep up the good work your mod is awesome !!

Thanks. Miria levels up now. Davin will soon. I don't have the cpt corpse mod...I hesitate to put any outright cheats in this. But I will definitely check on the Horrigan armor mod.

Nice one...

Did Killap ever get back to you about the map scripts changes to allow the car to go to the new locations? if not i'll send you what i've got once it's tested, the car should be ok at the farm, abbey, B21 & truck locations.

(sort of related a small fix) the data/maps.txt & game/worldmap.msg both needed to be changed to add the new locations.

I'm testing the above mentioned plus vert1.4 and Wild_Qwerty's environ & bos armour.

No, I didn't get anything from Killap yet. But he is busy with the expansion project at the moment. I should have another update out in about a week or so. Still testing a few features. I also put in Horrigan's armor. However, it will not simply be found in Klamath. I am still trying to figure out how the player should get it: either the Enclave oil rig, Navarro, or only upon the death of Horrigan off his corpse. I will put the Enhanced Davin in the next one, as I will have to test it with a female character.
Oh, one thing I meant to tell you. You once pointed out to me that the Navarro map was not the one from the vertibird mods. I forgot about that. I had to edit the map because I needed to put in the Chemical Order Form. If I didn't change the map, instead of getting the order form on the map, the shaman's mixing bowl would be on Schreber's desk instead.

MIB88 said:
I will put the Enhanced Davin in the next one, as I will have to test it with a female character.
Report back any problems you encounter, so I can fix it. And... Be nice to him, OK?

MIB88 said:
I am still trying to figure out how the player should get it: either the Enclave oil rig, Navarro, or only upon the death of Horrigan off his corpse

I would have to say from his corpse. But there would be a problem thought, since you can't really loot his corpse. they is a way to loot his corpse motioned in pers FO guide. You can get his weapons this way. I don't know if its an easy fix to make his body lootable on the normal way so you can get his weapons an armor. To bad aren't any weapons pictures of horrigans weapons instead of those purple boxes. Yea.... I know that you shouldn't be able to get his weapons.

Lich. if your still around maybe you could create them since you created some great new weapons.

mmmmmmmm...lootable horrigans

or you could make a container that looks like horrigans corpse and rewrite his script so that it replaces his critter body with the container when he kicks the bucket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back