MIB88 MegaMod - opinions, technical issues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
krazrussian said:
Hey. Sorry for late reply.

I actually did get the raiders map, but still have no success finding their base. So I am not exactly sure what you mean by the Raider map issue being addressed?

Reading the raiders map from Bishops safe will place the raiders base on the world map. It is found in between Vault City and NCR.

that weird. Well, I did exactly what you did and it worked. However, only the second time around. the first save game I had loaded yesterday, I went to Reno, got the map and used it and the location never showed up.

About the car bug, I just have a small question...

Is there any way to get the car back? I accidently saved when I got to B21, and when I noticed my car was gone, I nearly shat my pants. So do I have to go on foot for the rest of my game?

MasterHan said:

Is there any way to get the car back? I accidently saved when I got to B21, and when I noticed my car was gone, I nearly shat my pants. So do I have to go on foot for the rest of my game?

It is not a bug. There was just no code written to have the car created if you drive to Bunker 21, the Abbey, or the truck encounter. Sorry, but looks like your going on foot!

MIB88 said:
MasterHan said:

It is not a bug. There was just no code written to have the car created if you drive to Bunker 21, the Abbey, or the truck encounter. Sorry, but looks like your going on foot!

Ah. Damn. Thanks for clearing that up, but now I have another question. At the Navarro base when you trigger the Vertibred to land, is the entire middle portion of the Vertibred supposed to be missing? There's a key I can pick up, when I hover the cursor over it, it says: "You See a door with a broken lock". Is this supposed to happen?

MasterHan said:
Ah. Damn. Thanks for clearing that up, but now I have another question. At the Navarro base when you trigger the Vertibred to land, is the entire middle portion of the Vertibred supposed to be missing? There's a key I can pick up, when I hover the cursor over it, it says: "You See a door with a broken lock". Is this supposed to happen?

No, it is not supposed to disappear. About a week ago I uploaded the correct files...I got some things mixed up when I was putting together update 1. It contains the right files for use for the vertibird. Hopefully it will be approved for download soon.

first, great job on intergating...

i've been looking at this modding thing for couple of weeks now.

below is a list of things i changed, u may already have them sorted.
I hope to get more active once i've picked the brains of a few of the people here.

Art\Intrface
intrface.txt: did not need marcus ending name change

art\inven
inven.lst: spaces after frm names

art\items
items.lst: had non-existant frm bg900.frm just copied/renamed one of the others, in list spaces after frm name

data
party.txt: 7th lvl pid for miria was missing (this error was in the original miria 1.2 release)
worldmap.txt: replace ', Enc:Special' with ',Enc:Special' affected the cafe of dreams

//maps
//broken1 & navarro were not the versions from vertibird mod (edited?)

proto\critters
missing miria stage3
set scripts for fassard, maria & kaga (didn't do klint as friendly klint incompatible with new vision)
set body types & AI for fassard & maria to navarro guards (combat armour)

proto\scenery
add missing proto for tree then renumber all following added ones (4)

//scripts
//ahelder, ecgecko, kcmaida, klagraz, zcgecko & zclgecko were not the versions from new vision mod (recompiled?)

text\english\dialog
mcmiria.msg: msg nums 500-501 & 502-503 swapped - irradiated or poisoned - script is wrong easiest fix is here
(i'll fix & recompile once i've got some order to my headers & scripts)

text\english\game
pro_scen.msg (see above proto)
pro_crit.msg: added klint stages 2-4
scrname.msg: change generic fse descriptions (bunker21)
worldmap.msg: added kaga encounters to tables

hope this helps.

i'm presently trying vertibird v1.4 ontop with killaps fixes (26 mar)

Thanks for your input. I really do appreciate it. I will take a look at these when I get the chance. Keep in mind, I only added in other people's changes. I guess someone thought some them were necessary. I will address a few of them though:

Guyver8 said:
data
party.txt: 7th lvl pid for miria was missing (this error was in the original miria 1.2 release)
worldmap.txt: replace ', Enc:Special' with ',Enc:Special' affected the cafe of dreams

//maps
//broken1 & navarro were not the versions from vertibird mod (edited?)

proto\critters
missing miria stage3
set scripts for fassard, maria & kaga (didn't do klint as friendly klint incompatible with new vision)
set body types & AI for fassard & maria to navarro guards (combat armour)

//scripts
//ahelder, ecgecko, kcmaida, klagraz, zcgecko & zclgecko were not the versions from new vision mod (recompiled?)

1. can you send me that info for the last Miria level? I never noticed that was missing.

2. Don't think I changed those maps...I think I just used the maps from the original denbaster version.

3. What do you mean you set scripts for Miria, Fassard, and Kaga? What was the error? As for Friendly Klint, I have a plan for that one...

4. Those scripts needed to be recompiled because I had to change the item numbers for the things they generated (like the gecko teeth) or because of changed global variables.

Anyway, thanks again for bringing these to me.

Alright, now I have a problem.

I reinstalled Fallout 2, and also reinstalled the megamod, however whenever I start a new game and go into the temple, the game crashes. The screen goes black and I have to get out of it via ctrl + alt + del. I tried playing without the mod and it works just dandy, any clue on how I can play with the mod again?

sorry wasn't accusing just forgot to take my day hat (prod. support) off.

no problem, glad to help in any way.

I've sent you the changes i made.

(i just meant in the mapper no scripts were assigned to those critters...are they being set at gametime? i'm still new to this)

keep up the good work, you've breathed new long-term life into the game for me. as well as got me interested in the modding.

masterhan: did you replace the fallout2.exe?

Guyver8 said:
masterhan: did you replace the fallout2.exe?

Yes, I did, and it still does the same thing. I believe it's also worth mentioning that when I see the pre-made characters, their names are in some type of moon-language. :(

I also used the Supermod Patch right after extracting all the files from the original Supermod. Really strange because all of this took into effect when I re-installed Fallout 2.

MasterHan said:
Yes, I did, and it still does the same thing. I believe it's also worth mentioning that when I see the pre-made characters, their names are in some type of moon-language. :(

I also used the Supermod Patch right after extracting all the files from the original Supermod. Really strange because all of this took into effect when I re-installed Fallout 2.

I really don't understand the problem, then...I would recommend trying to reinstall it once more...maybe something got messed up. As for the pre-made characters, I never changed the gcd files or whatever from New Vision. That is something I was never able to get rid of.

And to Guyver8: Got the files. Thanks again. As for the scenery numbers you changed, if you don't want to wait for another update from me, be sure to go back and change the numbers in the zivrtrnk, pilot, and cesaer scripts (1855 to 1856). Not sure if you did this, since you didn't include any updated scripts.

Ah!...you've found the flaw in my cunning plan.
(scripts and maps are my weak points...so that would be 98% of the game).

Plus: I'm unable to recompile the vertibird scripts...(working thru the old forum posts for this)

MasterHan: are u still having the problem?

bug in m1B88

i forgot which mod it was but i know m1b88 is a mix of bunch, theres a new location called bf2 i think and i drove there today and my car dissappered =[ my tanker fob was in the trunk, is there a way to get my car back?

Re: bug in m1B88

derekdoo said:
i forgot which mod it was but i know m1b88 is a mix of bunch, theres a new location called bf2 i think and i drove there today and my car dissappered =[ my tanker fob was in the trunk, is there a way to get my car back?

Merged with the thread that was like two topics down.

Guyver8 said:
MasterHan: are u still having the problem?

Yes, unfortunately. I've resorted to just playing normal, without the mod or anything. Really, a sad thing, since I loved the mod. :(

Sorry to hear that MasterHan...but if you want it sorted, i can walk u thru installing it.

Question. what version of FO2 are u running?

to MIB88: I found int2ssl so thats sorted...checked ceaser.int and there are references to GVARs 641 & 644 still in there.
Do you have a list of the GVARs u changed for vertibird?

I remember now that as vert mod didn't have any GVARs registered in vault13.gam, i had assumed it didn't use any.

Jargo, any date on the next release for FSE?

Guyver8 said:
Sorry to hear that MasterHan...but if you want it sorted, i can walk u thru installing it.

Question. what version of FO2 are u running?

I'm running the 1.02 version of FO2, and if you can take the time and patience to help me install it, that would be awesome.

Guyver8 said:
to MIB88: I found int2ssl so thats sorted...checked ceaser.int and there are references to GVARs 641 & 644 still in there.
Do you have a list of the GVARs u changed for vertibird?

I remember now that as vert mod didn't have any GVARs registered in vault13.gam, i had assumed it didn't use any.

Yes, those variables are there in the vault13.gam file. Here is the list.
Old variable-New variable-Description
480-480-returned GECK to Arroyo
511-511- Navarro Base on alert
634-706-vertibird destinations?
635-707-vertibird destinations?
636-708-Navarro not a threat?
637-709-Do you know Tony?
638-710-Have you spoken with Maria?
639-711-Player in trouble with Maria?
640-712-fuel tank
642-713-player sees/has vertibird
643-714-Maria doing inspection