NMA Podcast #5: Interview with Chris Avellone!

I'm up for a podcast that's more focused on the older games.

Also, if we're going with Nuka World, we should do the Redlettermedia route and talk about anything besides Nuka World.

I'm up for a podcast that's more focused on the older games.

Also, if we're going with Nuka World, we should do the Redlettermedia route and talk about anything besides Nuka World.
We should go the Plinkett-route, murder our wives and go "OH MY GAAAWD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE" all the time.

I can't stand RLM much anymore, for the same reasons I can't stand a lot of Channel Awesome contributors: Their personas, ways of presentation and etc.

I love RedLetterMedia. Unlike Channel Awesome they don't seem to have drank the SJW kool-aid nor do they fucking beat you over the head with politics and preach to you like at Channel Awesome. Plus their Re View series is quite a interesting watch.

Last edited:
I'm just really stoked that Chris liked my idea. I've been fantasizing about an RPG set in the afterlife with Chris as the lead writer/designer. Are there any rpgs with him as lead designer?

The cinema snob is probably the only person on channel awesome that still makes good content.
I am going to have to politely disagree with you on that. Brad is just as much of a pretentious asshole as the other cretins on Channel Awesome. When the new Ghostbusters movie came out, he called people who were criticizing it "creeps". He is also extremely venomous on Youtube, insulting or deleting post from people who even politely criticize him or call him out on his bull shit. He is quite a piece of work and don't even get me started on his and his friend Dave, who recently got himself a nasty ass haircut which makes him look like a unhinged psychopath, defense of Hillary Clinton.

I am going to have to politely disagree with you on that. Brad is just as much of a pretentious asshole as the other cretins on Channel Awesome. When the new Ghostbusters movie came out, he called people who were criticizing it "creeps". He is also extremely venomous on Youtube, insulting or deleting post from people who even politely criticize him or call him out on his bull shit. He is quite a piece of work and don't even get me started on his and his friend Dave, who recently got himself a nasty ass haircut which makes him look like a unhinged psychopath, defense of Hillary Clinton.
To be fair he never said the ghostbusters movie was good all he said was that it was a average summer blockbuster movie, he was just stating that some people were taking things a bit to far with the hate. I agree with your second point though, he does get very sensitive with His YouTube comment. Dave always been the "pretentious hipster" of his friends so the haircut isn't that shocking imo...

Overall I think he definitely isn't as bad as some of of the other channel awesome staff. And he's pretty cool dude( I met him at a con once he was pretty cool/chill iirc)...

Maybe I'm just a "fanboy" and can't see past my nostalgia for his content...

Tldr. I'm a sjw piece of shit

Last edited:
Tldr. I'm a sjw piece of shit
No your not. A SJW would not be have a polite conversation and will be trying to talk to me about whatever new sexuality Tumblr made up or about "toxic masculinity".
With Brad, I have no idea what happened to him. I was once a fan of his. It seems to me that he is being pulled in fifty different directions from his so called friends at Channel Awesome and as well having a bad personal life judging from his break up with his girlfriend and his spat with Jake. I can tell just by looking at him that he is quite a broken man.

Never really watched the Cinema Snob. Mostly watched Channel Awesome for the Nostalgia Critic (who makes terrible sketch shows now that I don't care about), Film Brain (whom I mostly watched for his Bad Movie Beatdown sections, which he doesn't really do much anymore), and Todd In The Shadows, who is still fun.
Oh yeah, and Spoony before he left.

Never really watched the Cinema Snob. Mostly watched Channel Awesome for the Nostalgia Critic (who makes terrible sketch shows now that I don't care about), Film Brain (whom I mostly watched for his Bad Movie Beatdown sections, which he doesn't really do much anymore), and Todd In The Shadows, who is still fun.
Oh no, not Todd. A lot of things can be said about Todd and non of them pleasant. He is quite a unbearable shit stain.

bad personal life judging from his break up with his girlfriend and his spat with Jake. I can tell just by looking at him that he is quite a broken man.
I agree, the whole jake shitshow definitely left a hole in him, and his content. It's sucks that it went down the way it did, Brad and Jake had great comedic chemistry.:sad:

I agree, the whole jake shitshow definitely left a hole in him, and his content. It's sucks that it went down the way it did, Brad and Jake had great comedic chemistry.:sad:
Yeah, he hasn't been the same since then. I think the whole affair left him quite embittered which sadly affected his content and personality.

Oh yeah, and Spoony before he left.
The day spoony left Was the day channel awesome died imo. He was probably my fave game reviewer back in the day(he hated fallout 3 iirc). Does he he still make videos? Last video I remember was the one where he talks about wwe.

The day spoony left Was the day channel awesome died imo. He was probably my fave game reviewer back in the day(he hated fallout 3 iirc). Does he he still make videos? Last video I remember was the one where he talks about wwe.
He's releasing like one video per month at the moment.

/edit:
Oh no, not Todd. A lot of things can be said about Todd and non of them pleasant. He is quite a unbearable shit stain.
I like him, or at least his videos. His SJW fits are rare enough that I can ignore them, and I don't follow their personal lifes.

I'm just really stoked that Chris liked my idea. I've been fantasizing about an RPG set in the afterlife with Chris as the lead writer/designer. Are there any rpgs with him as lead designer?

No recent ones. Still, fingers crossed for a Geist: The Sin Eaters RPG. It's as close to that as I know.

I tend to just watch Nostalgia Critic and Todd, yeah Todd is a massive douche, especially what he did with Jewario during gamergate (FYI, I was never a fan of Jewario, but saying a dead person would have been against a movement is a pretty douchey thing). But his content is good, and he is probably the only person on channel awesome whose jokes actually work most of the time.

I sometimes watch Cinema Snob and Linkara, I know the later will get me a log of hate, but some of his content is decent.

I used to be a pretty big fan of Angry Joe, but I find recently he has dropped off the radar. In disappointed he didn't do a top 10 controversies list last year, even through it was kind of promised to us.

Anyway, in terms of more comedy stuff, I think there's better content.
Angry Video Game Nerd is still entertaining, plus his videos are so far apart, they don't seem as rushed as some content from Nostalgia Critic for example, and Jontron who seems to be cool with H3H3 anyway.

But yeah, trust me, Todd is a massive dick, he just makes really good videos.
(Then again, the whole gamergate thing has dicks on both sides).

Yeah, Angry Joe was cool for a while, but this whole "YOU DON' FUCKED IT UP" *mic clips* shtick gets old really fast, especially when he's super positive about stuff that's quite bad.
AVGN is the man, but he's also getting old. I guess the best video game related Youtuber is still TotalBiscuit, hands down. Sure hope the cancer won't get him...

Back