NPC Armor

Dude101 said:
SledNeck said:
well if you move your hand up and down to scratch down there your not moving your upper half of your arm, just the joint... think about it

That would be true if the arm wasn't extended at the shoulder, but relaxed at the side, but even then there would be some movement. That is unless he has done to many lateral raises and lat pulls.

Great work BTW.

thanks
ive got a thread going specifically on the camo combat armor http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=457055#457055
ive shown alot more stuff there because im still working out the kinks... tell me what you think...

Continuum said:
I never liked Vic. The good thing would be replace him with completely new critter. As far as I remember Azrael made some amazing critter based on him.

----------------EDIT
Here's :D

dibujorw2.png

It's just that image, I was fooling around a bit with MS Paint. I think I can do the rest of the frames, but it will take a lot of time and right now I'm making something for Jesterka that also takes a lot of time. Besides Jotisz and Josan are making the armors pictures for Vic.

Well, jostiz and i are almost finished with vic.
He's looking much better in the appropriate
armours. Having got to know his FRM's like
the back of my hand i sympathise with some
other comments on NMA that he is indeed
both rather poorly animated aswell as semi-useless.

So anyway - here's a few coding questions
for those who understand such things:

1) This mod, when completed will add an
awful lot of MB to the game, and create
a rather large patch. all vics FRMs in all
armours is at least 8MB. And hes just one
of maybe 6 NPC's. Is this a problem
and any ideas how to get around it?

2) Is it even possible to add the code to
point to all the different armour FRM's?
Who can do this?

Josan12 said:
Well, jostiz and i are almost finished with vic.
He's looking much better in the appropriate
armours. Having got to know his FRM's like
the back of my hand i sympathise with some
other comments on NMA that he is indeed
both rather poorly animated aswell as semi-useless.

So anyway - here's a few coding questions
for those who understand such things:

2) Is it even possible to add the code to
point to all the different armour FRM's?
Who can do this?

well this patch is gonna be pretty large in storage wise for a patch... owell it'll be definitely worth it in the end tho

any more npc armors need to be made? ive gotten pretty good at doing different kinds of .frms but im still not all that good at the gunfire animations... i can do the basic armor looks... ive gotten pretty good w/ combat armor lol if you need any of the npc .frms of them in that armor

Josan12 said:

I for on do not care about the file size, I get the FRM pack no matter how big it is!
You could seperate the FRMs pack like Wild_qwerty did with the FO tactics critters. So you would have download 6 small pack then for example.

You could also upload it on rapidshare or megaupload (gigeshare is my fav)

torrent might be usefull as well.

Oracle said:
Josan12 said:

I for on do not care about the file size, I get the FRM pack no matter how big it is!
You could seperate the FRMs pack like Wild_qwerty did with the FO tactics critters. So you would have download 6 small pack then for example.

You could also upload it on rapidshare or megaupload (gigeshare is my fav)

torrent might be usefull as well.

i prefer torrents as well... especially if we get alot of people seeding it...

Please keep everything in one package, separate downloads is painful when on hosted on servers that constrain bandwidth to accommodate heavy loads.

I would rather wait hours for one complete package, then to monitor when one download is complete and then initiate anohter and again and again. Yes more than one download can usually be initiated at the same time, but only so many can be handled at the same time.

Just my opinion.

Glovz said:
Please keep everything in one package, separate downloads is painful when on hosted on servers that constrain bandwidth to accommodate heavy loads.

I would rather wait hours for one complete package, then to monitor when one download is complete and then initiate anohter and again and again. Yes more than one download can usually be initiated at the same time, but only so many can be handled at the same time.

Just my opinion.

I agree... but then again it's not our choice, sometimes uploading sites will only allow a certain amount of mbs

If I remember correctly frms compress quite well when you rar them. So, I don't actually think the final file size will really be that alarming. In any event, if hosting for the file is needed, I will gladly host it on killap.net where my other files are located.

Hi guys!
So here is some animated stuff about Vic
nvtelen2bz3.gif
nvtelen3ep0.gif
nvtelen4kg8.gif

SledNeck if you like to help pm me any help is welcomed
Killap if you could help in the hosting that would be good too but for that a lot of thing is needed to do

The leather jacked looks really cool, but the leather armor seems a little bit stiff.

I apriciate how much time you guys are putting into this. however I have to be honest... It still have the looks that some picture is copied and pasted on vic. Maybe it looks betteringame?

sorry for not liking it.. do not take any offence and no, cannot do better.

Yes, i agree -- good comments. The leather
is a bit stiff. I did those sequences in 10 mins
each so we'll pay extra attention to each individual
frame in the most important sequences (like walking,
running, firing gun etc)

Unfortunately i think some of the lesser used
sequences (like vic throwing, etc) will have to
be less perfect as there are so few people
working on this project.....
.... speaking of which - anyone who'd like to jump
on board and help out say 'Aye' !!!! :wink:

Here is some more sample
nvtelen8ae4.gif
nvtelen5hs7.gif
nvtelen6jx3.gif
nvtelen7gy9.gif

Well on the combat armor I missed one frame
Could you guys tell as what you think about the skull on the back of the leather jacket and also if you have any opinion about the other armor please write it down. Also If anyone wants to help just PM me
Oh and he small movement to the left don't happen ingame it just my fault like the missing frame that I mentioned above I'll try to repair them and reupload them.

Oh, my! What an incredible work are you doing, guys! And yes, that skull looks great, it's like showing to all the real little rebel spirit that this whimpering fatty has...

I would like to see this with the killap's patch...

glglglgl (dribbling)

Yeah, We would love to incorporate this
into killaps next expansion.
Jotisz and i are finished with vic and
set to start on the next NPC.

Is anyone still working on this project
apart from jotisz and I?

Josan12 said:
Yeah, We would love to incorporate this
into killaps next expansion.
Jotisz and i are finished with vic and
set to start on the next NPC.

All armors with all guns (that vic can use) and death animations?

how about some in game screenshots?

I guess I'm the only one with a problem with the skull leather jacket. The problem is this: it's cool enough that Vic will be wearing that when he should be in power armor like everyone else in the group. Keep it up.

Back