[POLL] Have you played Wasteland!?

Have you played Wasteland?

• Total voters
Ok, last night I had a dream where I played Wasteland. This is freaking me out a good bit.

The gods of gaming are coming after me, Freddie Kreuger style.

I played it but I never was able to finish it. But I really liked the feeling of the game even if I always died in a hour or two.

Yeah, my party just died after my first real play session, after being hit with a rock slide and a drool attack.

Very cool game.

There are a couple of things you can do with character creation that make things a lot easier in the beginning, but I'd still recommend you play through it once without looking at walkthroughs, even skill and stat recommendations.

I'm more of a Wasteland fan than a Fallout fan. I was the right age, when it released, that most games I loved around that time just have too much nostalgia for me to view rationally.

Despite loving it as well, I was dissapointed when Fallout was not the sequel we hoped it would be.

Never managed to finish it. The furthest I got, I had run out of ammo and didn't have a decent brawler to get me through past some turrets.

I really disliked the Agricultural Center, the mutant bunnies, Bunny Master and catapults seemed too surreal for my liking. Other than that I loved it until the robot army and rayguns showed up en masse. But then I could say that about a number of PA games. :wink:

Tried to play it a couple of times, but couldn't get into it. Too old for my taste. And it made horrible noises on my system. Absolutely horrible noises. :(

I got annoyed by absolutely sudden random encounters - rocket wielding robots when entering some town - wtf? After turning into mincemeat I uninstalled it

I used to play this game often a while back, and I don't regret a moment of it. I'll admit it took some time for me to really grow fond of it, but now I consider it one of the great games of all time. It just grows on you, I think.

Not on the same level as Fallout, but it's definitely a classic.

Played it, and am currently playing it now, along side Bloodnet. If you grew up on games that came out at the same time as fallout, you might have a hard time appreciating the very limited graphics the game has to offer but the gameplay is interesting and complex enough to get you hooked. After a while, you won't mind the simplicity of the interface.

Played through 90% of it at least 5 times, but for some reason I never finish. One day!

I love broken toasters.

And to anyone who picks it up for the first time: Axes are your friend early on and don't forget a Geiger counter!

Brother None said:
Played it, but to be 100%, never finished it. I just got lost at some point amongst the weird puzzles and purple-coloured military bases or whatever.

That's the Sleeper Base, I reckon :)

Temoid said:
I got annoyed by absolutely sudden random encounters - rocket wielding robots when entering some town - wtf? After turning into mincemeat I uninstalled it

That's Las Vegas, dude! :) Never go there unless you've got serious weapons and armour (preferably, picked up at the Citadel).

Just finished a run through last week... ran the reset program and dumped all of my items for a second play-through.

Not sure how to get rid of all my cash like on the C-64 game reset, I think I will make a dummy char in ranger center, give them all the money, then delete the char.

Back