Recommended mod thread

For New Vegas, I have a small list of must have mods for a better experience.

-NVSE (ESSENTIAL)
-Nexus Mod Manager (ESSENTIAL)
-4GB New Vegas (ESSENTIAL IF YOU USE A TEXTURE PACK)
-Project Nevada
-Nevada Skies
-Electro-City
-Electro-City Imaginator
-Directors Chair
-Mod Configuration Menu (Allows you to tweak your mods to your liking, a lifesaver)
-Ojo Bueno Texture pack
-NMC Texture Pack (To cover any ones Ojo didn't get)
-New Vegas Strip Open (removes all the annoying gates on the strip)
-The Couriers Cache
-MoreGrass
-Vurt's Flora Overhaul (Texture replacement only, not the one that adds extra trees)
-Dynavison (Optional)
-Weapon Retexture Project
-New Vegas Faces Redesigned 2
-HD Hair
-HD Beards

There are some HUD mods, but they are rather complicated to install together without crashing and ruining your game, for the life of me I can't remember how I got it working.

something a lot of people seem to forget/not know is that since some month, they have been two major memory related evolution. First being over ENB, about two month ago. Then, SKSE (Skyrim script extender) did receive new code from "Sheson" who made quite a progress over memory to. Of course, the second will not get to F3, as the script extender is long dead, but still, at last the ENB one can be used (thus allowing use of uGrid=7 without much worry).

Just noticed this hasn't been updated for a while and was wondering if there were any new mod recommendations for f3... the last comments on here seem to be talking about issues with GOTY edition which is what I'm planning on buying...

Hi, everyone!

I'm looking into finally playing through Fallout: New Vegas. Is there any unofficial patch that fixes bugs or restored unfinished content, or even polishes up the edges, like killap's patch for Fallout 2?

Hi, everyone!

I'm looking into finally playing through Fallout: New Vegas. Is there any unofficial patch that fixes bugs or restored unfinished content, or even polishes up the edges, like killap's patch for Fallout 2?
Patch:
Yukichigai Unofficial Patch - YUP
Uncut Mods:
New Vegas Uncut - Freeside Open (might be a bit demanding on your machine while in Freeside)
New Vegas Uncut 2 - A Koch and Bohr Story
New Vegas Uncut 4 - A Thorny Situation
New Vegas Uncut 5 - A Wilder Wasteland
New Vegas Uncut 6 - If It Wasn't For Betsy Remastered
I don't really know if the above mods work well or not. I haven't used mods with my FNV (except TTW and DarnUI) for 7 years now.
Must Have for performance:
FNV 4GB Patcher
NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash
NVSE - New Vegas Script Extender (needed for NVAC and many other mods)

If you're interested, we have in our site the most up to date FNV performance guide on the web (it says TTW but it is for FNV too):

TTW Performance Guide
Just read also our FAQ about the NVSR and Windows 10 (if you're playing in a Windows 10 machine and using NVSR, of course):
https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/faq#windows10freeze
If you still have crashes and freezes, you should completely uninstall NVSR.

Have fun playing FNV.

Patch:
Yukichigai Unofficial Patch - YUP
Uncut Mods:
New Vegas Uncut - Freeside Open (might be a bit demanding on your machine while in Freeside)
New Vegas Uncut 2 - A Koch and Bohr Story
New Vegas Uncut 4 - A Thorny Situation
New Vegas Uncut 5 - A Wilder Wasteland
New Vegas Uncut 6 - If It Wasn't For Betsy Remastered
I don't really know if the above mods work well or not. I haven't used mods with my FNV (except TTW and DarnUI) for 7 years now.
Must Have for performance:
FNV 4GB Patcher
NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash
NVSE - New Vegas Script Extender (needed for NVAC and many other mods)

If you're interested, we have in our site the most up to date FNV performance guide on the web (it says TTW but it is for FNV too):

TTW Performance Guide
Just read also our FAQ about the NVSR and Windows 10 (if you're playing in a Windows 10 machine and using NVSR, of course):
https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/faq#windows10freeze
If you still have crashes and freezes, you should completely uninstall NVSR.

Have fun playing FNV.

Thank you very much for such a quick and efficient response!

Please forgive me for asking since I expect this question has probably been states countless times, but does the Yikichigai patch makes this Mission Mojave patch obsolete? I see it is still today being updated, unlike the Mojave patch, which has caught my attention a bit due to the "27,000+ bugfixes" it is claimed to solve according to the info at nexusmods.

Is Freeside Open still being developed or should I skip it for safety?

I am also taking a look at these texture mods; NMC's Texture Pack looks beautiful and the Essential Visual Enhancements and the Character Overhaul look awesome too. Would using them be compatible with all those to the above? I also remember someone telling me that there's a cool mod that adds people occasionally driving the vehicles of the countryside, if my memory still works.

I'm sorry for bombing you with questions (won't even ask what is Project Nevada). Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't recommend Mission Mojave to anyone. It's outdated and a vast majority of "bugs" it fixes, are not bugs at all. The author just changed things he didn't like about the game and called them bugs (including changing NPC races just because and other useless stuff). It also causes bugs in some quests and makes the game more unstable in some areas.

If you want to be the most "bug free" possible, use Yukichigai Unofficial Patch - YUP and Unofficial Patch Plus
I didn't suggested UPP before because it requires JIP_LN (which requires NVSE) and I thought you just wanted a basic modded game, but JIP_LN is used by many other good mods, so I suggested it too for anyone who doesn't just want a basic modded game.https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62953/?

None of the Uncut mods are still being worked on. They are "use at your own risk" . Like I said I haven't used them before, so I don't know how well they perform.
There are some good modders that want to make a better and up-to-date "uncut" mod, but that is going to take a long time to be started since they are busy with other bigger projects at the time.

Texture packs are usually safe (unless you use the large packs that can make your game lag). Never used Enhanced Visuals or Character Overhaul, so I can't help with those.

The vehicles driving around mod should be Traffic. It doesn't add NPCs to the vehicles, what it does is making some "vehicles" be creatures that follow patrol route markers. It has some bugs but I never heard anything that can cause the game to break from using that mod.

Back