The Outer Worlds - Early Impressions

The main quest is the biggest offender in this game. It's not particularly interesting and it never really gets there but I loved damn near everything else about it. Two out of the three planets you don't go to I believe are gas giants one of them the map says is uninhabitable which would be the most likely candidate for DLC.

I think that the game was short because of a Survey Paradox made years ago to be used for Obsidian's Tyranny game.
I made that survey and I remember questions about what would be more important in a cRPG. One of the questions that had more votes was "Short game but with replayability value". Obsidian went with that for Tyranny and I guess they went with that for TOW too. Does TOW has good replayability? I didn't play the game.

So I got back to Outer Worlds again. I am in Monarch and so far I am really enjoying the companion banter, Vicar Max' quest is really funny and I stumbled upon the fact that if you take Felix to the Betting parlor he and the clerk start flirting with each other and in subsequent visits she greets him first, and when talking to another NPC and Felix interjects she states she heard about him from the her. Already more reactivity than in the whole of Faallout 4.

Back