Unexplained , Unfinished and Mysterious content in NV.

outofthegamer said:
On a completely unrelated note: I wanted to go back and help Ringo in Goodsprings, very late in the game (not sure if this is on topic or not, but it was unexplained & mysterious), and he attacked me on sight.

My Goodsprings reputation was good and my Powder Ganger reputation was bad, so that seems like all that should matter. But my NCR reputation was bad and my Legion reputation was good. Why would Ringo care about my Legion or NCR reputation?

No one else in Goodsprings was hostile.

Probably , the reputation is the reason.

But it could also be a bug.To fix it just open the console click on Ringo and type ''setav aggression 0'' this command makes the clicked NPC friendly.

EDIT: if you have done some quests to the Powder Gangers , no matter your reputation with them after that , Ringo will be hostile on sight.

Ringo is an NCR citizen so it makes sense he would attack you if you were well known for going around killing NCR citizens.

Courier said:
Ringo is an NCR citizen so it makes sense he would attack you if you were well known for going around killing NCR citizens.
That makes sense. Thanks.

TheSilent12 said:
To fix it just open the console click on Ringo and type ''setav aggression 0'' this command makes the clicked NPC friendly.

I wish I could, but I have a lame-ass PS3. :(

outofthegamer said:
TheSilent12 said:
To fix it just open the console click on Ringo and type ''setav aggression 0'' this command makes the clicked NPC friendly.

I wish I could, but I have a lame-ass PS3. :(

Ahh man , i feel sorry for you , i love the PS3 but Fallout is a game that i think should be played on the PC cause of lot of reasons.Mods , clitches , commands access , patch fixes , skins - just to name a few.

TheSilent12 said:
Fallout is a game that i think should be played on the PC cause of lot of reasons.Mods , clitches , commands access , patch fixes , skins - just to name a few.
clitches? did you mean glitches?

If so, there's a few beneficial glitches I use to my advantage on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions - mainly the money glitch. but there's a sweet glitch to get outside the normal game area (only during the battle for Hoover Dam) that lets you explore an area 5 times the size of the normal map.

Just a quick update.I contacted Chris Avellone about the mystery around Ulysses and here is what he answered:

''Hey, Ivan, as much as I'd like to, I can't answer any Fallout questions on Facebook, and the answers on Ulysses will have to wait until Old World Blues and Lonesome Road.''

He was killed by his scheming step-brother, because Anthony managed to get control of H&H Robot and Tool Company somehow, this ruined Mr House's plans, so I think, I haven't checked wiki yet, but I think he murdered Anthony House.

Nope, Anthony House wasn't killed by hsi Brother, eh was a paranoid nervous Wreck and he only got worse with time, he was paranoid of his brother taking revenge on him so he locked himself in H&H Tools and activated the security system, he probably died of thirst and hunger, commited suicide or was killed by a robot.

I wouldn't know how they would implement him in OWB, but it'd be funny if you rounded a corner and there would be another Mr House, you are all like "Ahhhh what the hell are you doing here", and then he would be like, "Ahhhh who the hell are you!", and so on. (Btw, I meant he was in a telly sort of thing like Mr House, although that would be quite a bad thing to do I think).

I really doubt that he'd have somehow made it to the Big Empty, considering that he's supposed to have locked down the H&H Tools building and planted bunches of traps and things and they're all undisturbed up to where he is supposed to be (his office).

I would imagine the H&H security system disposes of the bodies somehow. The guy in north vegas square says that all the people that go in there never return, but i don't recall seeing any dead bodies.

The guy also says that some of the people that go there get blpwn up and then "we have to clean it up". But... that doesn't make much sense. How would anybody clean it up without getting killed themselves?

Was anybody else looking for Rita's Cafe in their first playthrough or was it just me? I kept seeing advertised in the loading screens and on billboards and I was disappointed it wasn't in the game. Maybe it will play a part in one of the DLC like Dean Domino?

Presumably because most people ended up dead in the lobby, people might sneak in and clear it out? It'd also give the the advantage of getting stuff from the would be prospector's corpses.

The Ulysses idea if properly implemented, in lonesome road, will probably make me explode in excitement and man juices, i've always been interested in behind the scenes stories and how they actually make sense, imagine if all the stuff you're saying about Ulysses is right? We can't just close down the argument, even if it is unlikely, the writers were onto a good thing removing him from the vanilla game, it gives the real story of the courier, a theme of mystery, showing that courier did have a life before you zoop into his head and control him for a few years before getting a new game.

Back