Where can I buy Fallout 1 or 2?

A Newb Question - sorry

As the title suggests, this may be one of the dumbest questions you're going to hear, and for that I apologize.

Moreover, if I violate some forum rule please inform me and please take another apology, yeah, I'm just new...

My question is this:

I loved the Fallout 1&2 games and am trying to get my hands on Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel. The demo looks great and I've completed it over 10 times now just having fun and doing different challenges (trying to beat them with one character, beating them with only unarmed, etc etc). The problem is I am rather poor, you may have guessed by me playing games that came out years ago. Still... I love the Fallout Series, and really wish I could obtain Tactics. Is it possible to find the full version available for download somewhere? I know that sounds crazy, but its nay really a new game and someone maybe kind enough to give out the files from the cd. I additionally understand it's probably illegal to some degree (?) though am not really sure. Please do not be offended by the question, I just really wish I could aqcuire Fallout Tactics but just do not have the cash to do so, yes even the small amount it likely costs ($20-$40).

If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it, if not I understand. Just poor and love fallout *sighs* sort of sad when your game options are reduced to demos. Anywho, sorry for the newb question, great site you have here (& community it looks like).

Thanks in advance for any help,
-M

To be sure, you're talking about the computer game, not the console game, right?

And I never played tactics at all, so can't help you myself. Have you tried the bargain software companies floating about the net? They may have it at a steal.

And this thread is going to be moved to General Fallout discussion soon, so look for it there.

Re: A Newb Question - sorry

Mather said:
I want to pirate a game. And not any ol' game, but the below mediocre abomination that was Fallout Tactics. Know of any good warez sites I can snatch it from?
So you want to obtain a game in an illegal manner and aren't afraid to state it openly and publicly? Mather, I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. :D

oh sorry didn't mean to post off topic, read the discriptions of the forums and thought this was the correct one, my mistake. I'll look for the newly moved post, and yes, I was refering to the PC game Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steal.
I'm not sure which bargin sites you are refering to, the only places I found it still on sale was Gogamers.com for $19.99 and Amazon.com for $36.00.

I would welcome any assistance whether that be the actual game files or site of a lower price. If not, I suppose will just have to save my pennies to I am able to afford to have it shipped. I just support myself and some others and don't really have the funds to buy myself computer games, however when I have time I love playing them, especially the Fallout series. Anywho, thanks and sorry both again.

{Edit} I'm sorry if I offended you by suggesting file sharing, I humbly respect the answer no, and would think nothing less of anyone that did so. I'm simply just poor fallout fan, I'll manage though, sorry to bother your forums.

Fallout Tactics isn't anything like the Fallout games, really, and liking Fallout isn't much of an indicator for liking Tactics.

As for buying it for a low price, looking on www.ebay.com is probably your best bet.

But please, don't ask for any game files here. We don't condone that.

Sander said:
Fallout Tactics isn't anything like the Fallout games, really, and liking Fallout isn't much of an indicator for liking Tactics.

I usually tell people it's Fallout meets Commandos...

I got my copy used off amazon for 5 bucks. Right now though its around 25 tho. Just be patient and it'll go back down.

@Ratty:
Great casablanca quote

buy fallout/fallout2 online download

hi, just wondering if anyone knew where i could BUY fallout/fallout 2 online, and just DOWNLOAD it instead of having it shipped, i dont feel like waiting 3 or 4 days. I had the games before and i feel like playing, but i lost them. thanks a bunch.

Not as far as I know; while they're somewhat old they're very big and you probably wouldn't want to download them anyway, depending on connection speed. May as well wait for the delivery. Besides, the company that made them, Interplay, is really in a bad way right now, so they probably couldn't afford to sell like that.

Fallout and Fallout 2 are no longer in retail stores (well most stores) since the series is like 7 years old. You can't buy it normaly, but I've seen/heard of ppl transfering it via msn/aol/whatever the hell you use. I personaly, think you should just let it rest. Fallout had its run in the retail stores for six years, its retired now. Some time soon, only the people who went out and bought it for a try should be able to enjoy it (But im just plain greedy).

If you lived in Poland, you'd still have a chance to buy it as a special edition (F1+F2+FT at once + some nice add-ons) or separately -- "Extra Klasyka" series (DVD case and a printed manual, but in Polish). But returning to the main thread -- Fallout isn't abandonware yet, so there's no chance to download it. Search simply your local stores -- I don't believe that there's no remake editions or something.

Say what, skurwy? Why, not everyone lives in Poland as we do! OMG! Teh surprise! People! Repent you don't live in our corrupted, corporation-run country, in which political parties built with old ladies' checks run the Moral Majority!

[/ontopic]

Amazon and Ebay.com are your best bet. Search a bit around the boards for similar threads. If I find a similar thread before you, I'll eviscerate you.

Elektrownia. Atomowa. Liczniki sprawdzam.

We used to run oldware server about a year ago, I put up my copy of Fallout on it. The whole thing eventually fell through, but if there's absolutely no way you can get ahold of Fallout in your country, it might be worth your while to search abandonware and oldware distribution points.

Alternatively, try contacting Fallout clubs in your country of residence. They'd usually point you in the right direction, or even ship you a copy.

Back