Where can I buy Fallout 1 or 2?

Does anyone know where i can get a set of Fallout 1 and 2..iam form Sydney Australia..and our ebay dont have it..

I just recently got the Fallout complilation (1,2 and FO:PoS) from white label games from amazon.co.uk only £.99 brand new as well. and they should ship within the eu as well (well i presume they do)

Just for your information: there's a brand new budget version out now. The box contains FO, FO 2 and FOT and costs 9,90 euros in Belgium. I had to buy two sets. :roll: I just had to. For the grandchildren, you know. :roll: The grandchildren who will also appreciate the four mint copies of Arcanum I keep in the cupboard. :roll: The grandchildren. Yes. :roll: Oh, whom am I kidding... :roll: It's an addiction. My addiction. Must collect all the remaining copies somehow, somewhere...

Maybe its just the drink but I doubt it

I have an extra copy of FallOut2 and i know i have an extra copy of FO1,but that could be a differet deal altogther.

Anyhow what am I going to do with 2 copies of a 10 year old game?It's not like we are talking X-com here. :roll:

I'm thinking contest.

I don't want any compensation for the CD and Booklet..yet(of course there is always a yet) I'm not going to offer it for free.What i imagine is the best origina idea given for perks or traits that people would like to see in FO3.

Per example:If you recieve and survive several critical hits in one battle then your character recieves the following Perk.

Bullet Sponge: "You've soaked up more lead than a pencil factory.All that lead inside of you must mean something". +10% radiation resistance and -1 agility points.

Ya Dig?

If the site is interested,and qualified persons are willimg tovoteon the best original perks/traits then the game and manual are only a short step away for interested parties

Guys?If need be i'll more than happily transfer the game and accroutments to the resonsible parties of the website so that you can make sure the game is delivered.As a second place prize i am willing to give Lord of the Realms II and Conquest of the New World.Yipee :twisted:

Intersted?

Actually LotRII and CotNW were meant as a joke.

I'm going to start a thread in the F03 forum and hopefully qualified members will voice their opinions on entries. :)

Hello,

I just registered on this forum to ask a question about purchasing fallout.

I'm trying to find a copy of the fallouts on ebay, and so far already, I flushed 15 bucks down the drain buying a german version of the ultimate edition box, and I can't understand a word of German + on top of that the game is totally censored (they took the soldier being shot part out of the intro) and low-violence.

So what I want to know; on ebay, a lot of copies of fallout are on sale. I basically have a choice between buying:

- The Fallout collection, White label
- Fallout Trilogy, no mention of a distributor

Basically, what I want to prevent is that I buy a censored version. I know the european/UK versions have the kids removed, but that's something we can patch back.

My choice is for the white label version as that includes the extras as well. I'm just wondering if I won't get a totally censored lo-violence version like the German one I got now (I mean what the heck? can't even crank the violence level up more than minimal?!?).

Please note that I do have Fallout 1 legal already, which seems to be the european 1.2 version without the kids but with all the gory details (hurray, maximum violence level).

So, should I go for the white label fallout collection, or take my chances with another one?

-Koowluh

Koowluh said:
Hello,

I just registered on this forum to ask a question about purchasing fallout.

I'm trying to find a copy of the fallouts on ebay, and so far already, I flushed 15 bucks down the drain buying a german version of the ultimate edition box, and I can't understand a word of German + on top of that the game is totally censored (they took the soldier being shot part out of the intro) and low-violence.
Why the hell did you buy the German version if you can't speak German?

Koowluh said:
So what I want to know; on ebay, a lot of copies of fallout are on sale. I basically have a choice between buying:

- The Fallout collection, White label
- Fallout Trilogy, no mention of a distributor

Basically, what I want to prevent is that I buy a censored version. I know the european/UK versions have the kids removed, but that's something we can patch back.

My choice is for the white label version as that includes the extras as well. I'm just wondering if I won't get a totally censored lo-violence version like the German one I got now (I mean what the heck? can't even crank the violence level up more than minimal?!?).

Please note that I do have Fallout 1 legal already, which seems to be the european 1.2 version without the kids but with all the gory details (hurray, maximum violence level).

So, should I go for the white label fallout collection, or take my chances with another one?

-Koowluh
Both should work. The only censoring outside of Germany is the censoring of children, which is easily patched.

I didn't realize it was the German version until it was actually in my mailbox... my own dumb mistake though... returning it would cost me more in postage and packaging than I would get refunded, soooooo... but perhaps I can make someone at work happy with it.

Thanks for the advice, I'll order the white label asap.

EDIT: I have just received the white label edition that I ordered. Looks pretty good for the few bucks you're paying for it. One note though, the patch on the DVD for fallout 2 was for the european version and has a CD check in it, which does not respond to the DVD :( . I have downloaded and installed the US patch instead and kids and all seem present. FO1 comes patched to 1.2 on the DVD, FO2 is ver. 1.00 . Don't bother with the patches on the CD except for the FOT one I guess.

Anyho, I'm off giving some mutants plasma death, I just thought I'd toss this info in here so the search for FO on sites like ebay gets easier for others who are looking for the set.

Play.com sold the white label (FO+FO2+FO:T) about 25% cheaper than amazon.

Btw its no expedition cost, i'm living in Eastern France so its about 2k km between them (Jersey Island) and me, so its a nice economy (5,62 Euros for participation using amazon.co.uk ..)

Pajari said:
http://www.gspsoftware.co.uk/index.php?page=pages/product&prodID=4154

This store has a pretty good deal on all three Fallout-branded games for the PC, on a single DVD, for less than twenty dollars, plus extras like art and a PnP game I assume is Fallout Warfare. Probably not a big deal, but something that might interest those who don't have all three yet and are looking for a cheap way to fill out their library.

Silencer said:
Pajari said:
http://www.gspsoftware.co.uk/index.php?page=pages/product&prodID=4154

<snip> you can read the whole thing one post up

I have this one. It's the white label version. As for the PnP game that's on it, looks like a demo of a Space Heroes game. I didn't pay much attention to it, but it seems in no way related to Fallout. I may be able to upload it later, just gotta get home and read the disclaimer first if it's allowed to spread the demo.

EDIT: No disclaimer here, but still I don't want to clutter the forums with all kinds of crap. So, here's what the GSP White label contains in P&P games (along with the other assorted goodies):

Alternity: fast play game in the Fallout 2 folder
Fallout Warfare: Squad based P&P game (correct me if I'm wrong here)

Is there any place I can get a non-white label boxed Fallout 2? (I've heard that white label doesnt come with paper manual) The original 1998 versions appear sometimes on ebay, but they go at 50 bucks, which is a bit too much.

I'm located in Canada and Amazon doesnt ship here.

I very much doubt you'll get a copy with a paper manual anywhere except eBay o.n.e.

Really-you just aqquired Fallout and Tictacs. At least, FO2 came broken to hell on my white label version. Good luck.

Picked up the GSP / White Label Fallout Collection* from my local HMV for £4 today; found it completely by chance whilst bargain-bin-diving at their current summer sale.

HMV are also selling it online for £4.99 at present. Can't vouch for their online shop, however, as I've never ordered from them. Cheaper than Amazon UK and Play at the moment, though.

* Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics, plus bonus material:
  • Bonus level
  • Pen-and-paper game
  • Advertising arts [sic]
  • Animation art
  • Screenshots
  • Illustrations and renders
  • Concept art
  • Storyboards
  • Trailer
  • Logos
As far as I can make out, the extras relate exclusively to Tactics alone.

Back