Your favorite parts of Fallout 4?

Skelok

Mad Man with a Mad Plan
Fallout 4 gets a lot of hate on this forum, and do I agree with a lot of it, but I'd just like to hear what NMA actually liked about Fallout 4. What did you personally end up enjoying? Is there anything most people hate that you ended up liking?

Uninstall button

And I suppose... ugh... power armour feel?

Defintelly not design or how it worked but it had some good side to it.

Uh... the artbook was nice I guess?

I can not remember anything else that was good.

Companions shit lock pick their love!

Armour and weapon variety worse than fallout 3

No sensible plot, boring characters.

World designed by an idiot, where raiders harass poor retarded settlement on the other side of the map.

It's easier to find bad stuff since there is little to no good stuff.

Armour and weapon variety worse than fallout 3

Uhh... what?
I'll give it to you that Fallout 3 technically has 3 more base weapons than Fallout 4, but Fallout 3 doesn't have the 700 weapon modifications and 39 legendary modifiers.

Side Note - I think the legendary modifiers are stupid. they don't make any sense in the Fallout setting.

Well Borderlands has a crapton of parts when creating its guns. And those do more than any of Fo4's mods, out of Recon Sight and changing chambers.

The only tradeoff to the best mods avaleible is that they weight more. While that makes an Assault Rifle weigh 15 fucking Units, it's no biggie as i have like 700 CW on a Power Armor.

"Legendaries" could have even mimicked Borderlands and be a lot better. Not a stupid 5-20% of something, they could be a throwable pistol, an SMG that increases accuracy when aiming, 1% normal damage 500% critical, etcetera.
The more realistic option to this were the Unique weapons in previous games. While Fo3 was a bit uninspired, it at least tried. The originals had some like the Bozar and Turbo Plasma, and NV was even more awesome as almost every gun had an unique counterpart. That plus their mods plus the GRA versions made weapon variety huge. Not to mention melee/unarmed not feeling like an exploit of a single weapon (furious power fist).
Hell, I could be using the Vermin Rifle until I got a steady supply of stronger ammo, about Boulder City. I Fo4 there is 0 point in using anything else beyong that broken ass Overseer's Guardian and a fully upgraded Assault Rifle with the proper perks.

I would say when it ended, but like Cancer, it just keeps coming back.

I'd say at least the companions were better than 3?
Also I did have fun for the first 10-15 hours or so.
The going through Kellogg's brain was... different?
Automaton was at least 50% okay and I guess Far Harbor was decent enough.
Maybe?

Power Armour was better?... and so was character customisation kind of?

That's all I can say for the things that are at least decent. I guess the 10-15 hours is the not impressive as the game downright sucks after that.

Finding the Chinese submarine. Typical Bethesda having a ghoul in there who somehow survived over 200 years in one place and having English signs all over the sub but I really like the idea of finding a relic from the war. I do think it would have been better to find the sub partially surfaced and having the sub's last moments told through the environment instead of talking to an NPC.

Entering Vault 81, a fully working Vault was nice. The inversion on the evil Overseer thing was refreshing but the Vault dwellers themselves should have been more weary of outsiders.

Nothing else really stands out. Maybe first entering the Institute, just because how different it was in comparison to the wastes.

The power armor was good.
I'm struggling to think of anything else.
I guess i liked the settlement building mode....
The graphics were good???.... Yeah the game sucked.

I had some fun with shooting and settlement building, but at the end of the day I realise that there are plenty of other games with far better shooting and better settlement building, so even the aspects I kinda enjoyed felt half-arsed.

It brought a new wave of NMA members. Hopefully, a good 0,01% of them will join the order.
On the bright side, more people will get aware of mods and indie game that are more of less advertized here. (more advetizing would do no harm...)

Other than that, a waste of NMA website database.

Have that fxxking 4 dialogue options and total removal or skill is not hard-coded, I would say the 64bit engine is the only thing good about FO4.

I thought Diamond City was a neat idea, the execution could have been better... so I guess that. I'm struggling to find anything else worthwhile because I really hate the institute/synth stuff. It's just awful.

Nothing in terms of writing really appealed to me , I suppose the gunplay worked quite well. But if I had to pinpoint one quest or piece of writing that worked well it would probably be the Marowski Heist and the events leading up to it , can't remember much but it was at least captivating since it's the only sidequest I remember with decency.

Fallout 4 gets a lot of hate on this forum, and do I agree with a lot of it, but I'd just like to hear what NMA actually liked about Fallout 4. What did you personally end up enjoying? Is there anything most people hate that you ended up liking?

Errrrrmm..... I'd say the moment when the BoS appeared in their warship. But, I've grown to hate the BoS and just want them to die out.

I would also say I liked Ron Perlman's performance, but he was shoved into a two second role in the terrible opening.

I'd also say I like Nick, but his inconsistencies ruin him for me....

The Atom Cats would be cool if not for the terrible reminder of the tunnel snakes and their acquirement of god damn T-whatever military grade power armor.

I'm honestly, legit trying to think of a moment I liked on its own that wasn't tainted. Seriously, I am trying.

Uuuuhhh.... OH! I know! When you raid the Institutes lab, and then you confront Father. You get to shoot him in the face. To show him what happens when he acts completely retarded.

Uhh... what?
I'll give it to you that Fallout 3 technically has 3 more base weapons than Fallout 4, but Fallout 3 doesn't have the 700 weapon modifications and 39 legendary modifiers.
you mean infinite combinations of random parts you can craft ? That really doesn't count as different weapons, otherwise we might as well say that the game has 700 quests.

you mean infinite combinations of random parts you can craft ? That really doesn't count as different weapons, otherwise we might as well say that the game has 700 quests.

I didn't say each combination counts as a different weapon, and I don't think that. I'm just saying Fallout 4 had more weapon variety than Fallout 4. But it doesn't really matter than much cause both games have shit weapons.

More weapons doesn't mean more variety of weapons, as each variety has to be distinct enough. Let's say throwing a grenade compared with using a hammer. Their difference are significant enough that you don't approach the combat the same way.

Back