Your favorite parts of Fallout 4?

I think the T-51 armor looks great, and after beginning to find the pieces I had a nice feeling once I'd finally assembled all the parts and given it the Vault-Tec paint job.

Uhh... what?
I'll give it to you that Fallout 3 technically has 3 more base weapons than Fallout 4, but Fallout 3 doesn't have the 700 weapon modifications and 39 legendary modifiers.

Side Note - I think the legendary modifiers are stupid. they don't make any sense in the Fallout setting.

Most of those weapon modifications you speak of are 'fluff' mods, basically useless mods that merely inflate the number of actual, legit, unique weapon mods that offer a slightly different method of firing with said weapon as well as altered look. The rest are merely "IMPROVED" versions which is basically the same shit, but with slightly increased stats.

Technically speaking, there's only 50 something weapons in the entirety of Fallout 4, which is another reason why going from NV to 4, people who were spoiled by NV's love will end up getting bored in 4 and download a SHITTON of weapon mods.

Most of those weapon modifications you speak of are 'fluff' mods, basically useless mods that merely inflate the number of actual, legit, unique weapon mods that offer a slightly different method of firing with said weapon as well as altered look. The rest are merely "IMPROVED" versions which is basically the same shit, but with slightly increased stats

Yes I know. See my previous post.

I could give a smartass answer but I will be serious.

I liked the power armor in theory but you got it way too soon and fought a fucking Deathclaw the first hour or so in the game. I liked the BoS when compared to Fallout 3. I liked the Tactics references. I liked the idea behind the Institute but it was poorly executed. I liked the idea behind the father son story but it was handled poorly. Every pro has a con. It's insane. Even the survival was gimped because they were afraid to do what New vegas did. Absurd.

Well the combat is much better. Also the plot is heads and shoulders above Fallout 3, even if it's not all that fleshed out or intriguing.

I liked the weapons modifications as well as the settlement building, however I don't think it should have been such a major focus on this game. I think more attention should have been paid to the characters and choices, which are nearly non-existant.

The variation of factions is nice touch, and I'd like to see it improved in the next installment.

With all it's faults, it's a much better title than Fallout 3, if for the story and companions alone.

I like the "idea" behind the weapon crafting. It could have been a redeeming quality, if implemented better and with a more logical level list. I actually miss this feature when I play New Vegas.

Power Armor felt like I always imagined it in the old titles. Too bad it's given to you like a candy bar, but it "felt" right.
I liked the fact that Diamond City had a school and an agricultural system. It's supposed to be a viable, long term settlement, and I was glad to see that these elements were implemented. That wasn't the case in any Bethesda city until now, while on the other hand, you could witness these elements in Fallout 1, despite its engine limitations. So, there's that. Too bad the universal church is in the same freaking town. This "universal church" celebrating unions between men and Mrs.Nannies is in the same universe as Joshua Graham, now. Read that again.

I liked the robot construction feature from Automatron... Diamond City had a nice, almost emotional soundtrack, and the atmosphere of the third rail reminded me of the movie "Dark City", which was nice. They also nailed the trailer and its music. The mission in which you have to deal with Danse is one of the few that were pretty well written too.

What else... The Mr.Handy from the upper stands of Diamond City was actually funny, for once. Probably the only character of the game who doesn't praise you as its lord and savior because you're a special snowflake somehow, but actually shits on your face and all your "accomplishments", no matter what you do.
Oh, and the glowing sea had a nice cinematic atmosphere. Dogmeat was a viable companion with nice gameplay features. Finally, the character customization is pretty good, by Bethesda's standards (And it was damn time we had a proper working one. Eve Online, a freaking MMO about spaceships has a better character creation menu. Speaks volume.)

Last edited:
I liked Cabot House and the Dunwhich Borers and Vault 81 and Goodneighbor. Though Goodneighbor should have been all of Boston south of the Charles River. Everything else was wasted.

Jumping off the BOS Zepellin. Without Power Armor.
Did that once. Didnt die.
I liked Cabot House
YooMg_f-maxage-0.gif
Magic has NO place in fallout. And the implication of alien cities in the Mojave is a direct insult to NV.

Last edited:
I liked Cabot House and the Dunwhich Borers and Vault 81 and Goodneighbor. Though Goodneighbor should have been all of Boston south of the Charles River. Everything else was wasted.

*Points to the door*

Maa'm, this is a dark alley, and you're alone wearing a miniskirt.

This is not a smart move.

I enjoyed the new assets and the verticality to downtown Boston (going from fallen skybridge to mass med through various routes) i have the most fun doing non fallout things in beth fallout titles. Just wandering on highway over passes high above the ground trying to make my way without falling.

I wish they would have created a new original PA ip that takes place in an America in which trans continental highway over pasees are the only safe areas to live. The surface would be like the glowing sea all across the country. Traversing semi ruined highways and various communities along the vast distances with perhaps short trips to the surface for supplies from highly irradiated pre war facilities. Like and inverse of the Metro series.

Last edited:
Power Armor was definitely a step in the right direction. I don't like the lore changes on it needing "fusion cells" themselves which have never existed. It's supposed to be able run a century on I think microfusion cells according to Fallout 1. Also interchanging different pieces of armor didn't feel right to me as well as the base skeleton, I would have just had each suit as one full thing and make each part look really damaged looking when it "broke". I understand the gameplay logic behind the fuel part, mechanically the armor's role has been changed from just another set of armor to more of a vehicle. But seeing as how in Fallout 1 and 2 it was just another set of armor I'm not sure how I feel about it, though it did fit better with the original scope and size of the thing. Also removing training was a stupid idea seeing as how they themselves added that to the lore, and one of the few things I thought made more sense that Bethesda added.

The idea of settlement building itself wasn't bad but executed very poorly. I myself would have limited it to one location and made it more on rails similar to the town you upgrade in Assassins Creed 2. The sort of sandbox feel to it just doesn't belong in Fallout, it's not supposed to be some crafting game. If people want that experience than they will mod it in, but as a vanilla addition it makes the game lack consistency and confuses it's focus. The crafting itself I didn't like at all and I'm sure you can find all the reasons why on a review on here, but suffice to say it I much preferred New Vegas's take on crafting. It fit much better in the RPG setting instead of making it seem like some open world crafting game like Rust or Minecraft.

I liked the power armor and how it felt. Also, the layered armor system in general. It would have been great if it had been a little more detailed, but it's really something that I would have liked to see in New Vegas. After all, some outfits really are just different layers thrown together, like the Ranger Veteran Armor. Would have been nice to see some Veteran Rangers lounging around in just normal Ranger Outfits with dusters on top, but without the armor vest and helmet. Well, at least there are the Ranger Outfits, but it would have been a cool addition. Good thing New Vegas is much less of a dress-up-simulator than Fallout 4, so it's not that much of a loss. Fallout 4 without that element would have been even worse.

I liked the power armor...

And I also kinda liked the settlement building please don't hurt me.

Lol no. Why do people keep saying this?

Mostly because of how fluid it feels.
I should probably explain why I prefer the *feel* of combat in F4 over NV.

The biggest problem NV faces in Combat is how jagged it felt. It was slow and rough around the edges. I want to emphasis that this is how the game *felt*.

For Fallout 4, it improved this with speed and response. The overall presentation of Fallout 4 made combat a bit more approachable.

Note, I say approachable and not fun.

Besides that *feel*, F4's combat is inferior mostly due to enemy types. And this comes in the form of bullet sponging enemies and those mini bosses that are just more bullet sponging than anything else.

But going up against a small group of raiders in F4 feels better than going up against the same kind of raiders in NV, yet in NV, the enemies are more realistically stated to the World while in F4, they just seem kind of random.

Back