10 best games.

Number 1: Fallout 1 & 2. Tried it, was too hard. Some months later, tried again. Some year later, well what do we know, I understand English. And good humour. Thanks BIS :)

No order, just good gaming:

C&C, Red Alert, Warcraft & Starcraft
Jagged Alliance 2
MechWarrior series
HL, HL2 & mods (was hooked to CS for quite a while)
FF VII
Sonic the Hedgehog
Prince of Persia (2D)

These days I still game a bit, but get bored easily and rarely finish a game. Games like Mass Effect or Bioshock are the occasional exception, I rate them as OK games - but none of them blew me off my socks.

Am I getting old or is the gaming industry just becoming boring? I see some old warriors out here too, you guys must have some similar perspective...

Ten games? Hmm, my top ten are... (and yeah, some may be cliche'd, but these are either games I played in my childhood and loved, or games that I love currently)

Fallout 1 (of course)
Suikoden II
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VII
Earthbound
Dragon Quest VIII
King of fighters '99
Baldur's Gate I
Diablo II
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Of course Fallout II was a great game and I loved it, but with only ten games to pick, I didn't want to choose exactly the same thing as everyone else did. As for some of my picks, a lot of those games I was totally in to either as a kid or some time later, and no one can deny the addictability (is that even a word?) of Super Smash Bros. I think my friends and I killed more time with that game than I'd be willing to actually admit.

My list, in no particular order:

Fallout 1 & 2
The Legend of Zelda
Ultima Underworld 1 & 2
Baldur's Gate
Daggerfall
Final Fantasy VI (3 American)
Starcraft
Diablo 1 & 2
Mass Effect (What? I enjoyed it! I can have a "Hollywood Blockbuster" on here)

Last, but certainly not least, Counterstrike. Just because I played it for more hours than I ever want to admit.

1.Fallout Series (1,2)
2.System Shock 2
3.Diablo
4.C&C Tiberiun sun
5.deus ex
6.Baldurs Gate 2
7.Halflife 2
8.Jagged Alliance 2
9.S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
10.MAX
Some years thrown into this games :)

My top 10 list, in no particular order:

1: The Fallout series (1, 2 and Tactics)
2: Jagged Alliance 2
3: Baldur's Gate II
4: Icewind Dale II
5: Chrono Trigger
6: Secret of Evermore
7: LoZ: Link to the Past
8: Secret of Mana
9: Quest for Glory series
10: Total War games (Rome and M2, specifically)

I know, it's more than 10 but I simplified it :D

1. Planescape: Torment
2. The Secret of Monkey Island
3. Fallout

the rest, in no particular order:

Fallout 2
Neverwinter nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
The Longest Journey
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle

Hmm..best ones in my opinion (ATM*) are 1: Fallout and Fallout 2. rest in no order:

Civilization II/III/IV
HoI 2 and its expansions.
Deus Ex
Half Life & Half Life 2
IL-2 1946 (collection of IL2 and its expansions)
Arcanum.
Combat Mission 2:Barbarossa to Berlin
Wolfenstein 3D/Doom/ Duke Nukem 3D (darn it)

(ATM* trying to find PS:T somewhere so i can play it , and 10 games is TOOO shoort.. :evil: )

In no particular order (basically almost a copy paste from a top 5 list question from another forum...):
- Fallout 2 (IMHO, one of the best, if not the best, CRPGs. I liked FO 1, but I loved FO 2. Tactics was 'ok')
- Tie Fighter (I wish they'd remake this)
- Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries (one of the best mech 'sims'...I just wish it had the 'sandbox' feel of Mechwarrior 1. I want a new MW game...)
- Civ 2 (coz' it worked almost everywhere I tried to install it...)
- The Longest Journey AND Dreamfall (great story, even if gameplay wasn't so great)
- Hearts of Iron 2 (the only WW2 grand strategy I really got to enjoy)
- Warhammer: Dark Omen (IMHO, the best Warhammer Fantasy game ever made)
- Master of Orion (or Star Wars: Rebellion...)
- Microprose's Sword of the Samurai (practically memorized all the Clan names there...)
- M1 Tank Platoon (the first one from microprose. I can still hear the opening music every now and again...I swear, that game must've brainwashed me to LOVE armour). I'd love to say Panzer Elite...but I got it too late, and it doesn't want to work on WinXP for me :(
(also, can anyone suggest a good tank sim now? Steel Beasts Pro seems to be the 'ideal', but it's quite expensive...)

'Honourable Mention':
- The Witcher (damn...still don't have the enhanced edition. And no, I'm not downloading it: I want the new box)
- X-Com/UFO (great for it's time)
- Wing Commander 1 - 2 and Privateer
- Freelancer
- Dawn of War AND Company of Heroes series
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (still a good multiplayer game)
- Homeworld series (I'd like to see another one...just to make it a trilogy)
- Arcanum (steampunk CRPG. Could've been better, tho'. Remake, please?)
- Mount & Blade (fun! IMHO, this is, at the very least, how other fantasy/medieval games should implement their mounted combat)
- toss up between Mass Effect and Morrowind and Fallout 3
- Total War series

Yup. No MMOs. I don't think any MMO held my attention for more than a year, unlike some of the games above.

1. Half-Life 2
2. Fallout 1
3. Guilty Gear series
4. Deus Ex
5. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
6. Roller Coaster Tycoon series
7. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
8. Front Mission series

Not really sure what to put after that. X-Com or Jagged Alliance 2 maybe. I thought F.E.A.R. was pretty awesome too, but then again I haven't played any other good horror games to be honest (I guess Resident Evil 4, but I'm not into console FPS games anymore). In fact I might even put Evil Genius up there. Really fun game, even though it had a few irritating problems.

I dunno, my list changes all the time >___<

Here's 10 all-time favourites. Some of them you might've never heard of :lol:

1. Disciples series with the multiple sequels/expansions (www.disciples2.com)
2. Heroes of Might and Magic III (preferrably WoG or 3.55)
3. Temple of Elemental Evil (Co8 pack 5.0.6)
4. Tsukihime (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukihime)
5. Planescape: Torment
6. Baldur's Gate II
7. Devil May Cry 3 SE
8. Touhou series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touhou_Project)
9. Seinarukana (great game, but story could've been better)
10. Counter-Strike

Other games I love that can keep me up at night but did not make it to the top 10:

Final Fantasy TA/TA2
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy III (JAP release for NES)
The Witcher
Chaos Legion
Guilty Gear XX #reload
Unreal Tournament (original)
Fallout 1/2
Neverwinter Nights Shadows of Undertide (the only one with a good story)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I have, for some reason, neglected this thread, I think. And the list is:

Neverhood and Fallout 1 & 2 are the best games ever created. They are proof, that games could have been an art form. Everything else, to this day, is sub-par. The rest is a list of important titles, which marked me for the being, that I am.

1. Diablo (the original, none of that Hellfire crap) - amazing atmosphere, something the second one totally lacked. Am still playing it. Also - amazing multiplayer.
2. Earthworm Jim 2 - amazing.
3. Worms: Armageddon - along with the next two - best hot-seat games ever.
4. Heroes of Might and Magic 2 - the only one, where the armies made sense (not all last level critters were dragons)
5. Disciples 2 - brilliant game design, awesome graphics and atmosphere.
6. Death Rally - spiked bumpers, armed vehicles and Duke Nukem.
7. UFO: Enemy Unknown (even though I suck at it)
8. Lotus: The Ultimate Challenge - you gotta've played it.
9. Planescape: Torment - stunning.
10. Baldur's Gates and Icewind Dales and Temple of Elemental Evil.
11. Dungeon Siege + Legends of Aranna - a seriously misunderstood game design gem. With the proper art direction and story could've been fucking amazing. Again, good LAN party potential.
12. Blackthorne (aka Blackhawk) and Lost Vikings - Blizzard's side scrollers. Both amazing.
13. Xatax - I have yet to finish it.
14. Sam and Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - best games I had played before I deiscovered Diablo. And Fallout.
15. Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Third Strike - emulated - I don't believe in consoles.
16. Warcraft series - extremely important games for me, even though I suck at them.
17. Strife. I felt like saying it. It was awesome. Probably the first FPS with RPG elements, even though no one mentions it . . . ever!

I feel like crying - so many amazing games, and most of them in the 90-s . . . somewhere, something went terribly wrong.

patriot_41 said:
11. Dungeon Siege + Legends of Aranna - a seriously misunderstood game design gem. With the proper art direction and story could've been fucking amazing. Again, good LAN party potential.
Oh I don't know don't you think it's missing something else... like some actual gameplay?

patriot_41 said:
I feel like crying - so many amazing games, and most of them in the 90-s . . . somewhere, something went terribly wrong.

You're right, something went terribly wrong. It went wrong in the 90s with the release of a game that sold so well that marketing "gurus" worldwide took notice. In regards to PC games, it changed the gaming industry, moving the emphasis in game design to graphics over content. It not only made the concept of "me-too" cloning of a game idea a valid strategy, it virtually made it mandatory. With the exception of online-gaming catching on with the Internet, the PC gaming industry is still stuck in 1994, endlessly recycling the same game idea that dominated the industry that year, only changing superficial elements such as graphics, sounds and physics engines...and throwing in some online gaming, of course.

1. Fallouts
2. Front Mission 3
3. Romance of the Three kingdoms 7
4. Final Fantasy 6
5. Uncharted Waters: New Horizons
6. Way of the Samurai 1 & 2
7. War Craft 3: Defense of the Ancients (DotA), custom player map
8. Halo (PC)
9. Morrowind
10. Star Craft

1. Fallout 2
2. Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday - Armageddon
3. GTA: Vice City & San Andeas
4. Resident Evil 2 & 3
5. Total War series
6. Fallout 1 & Tactics
7. IL-2 Sturmovik series
8. Faces of War
9. Blitzkrieg 1 & 2
10. Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

Unkillable Cat said:
It went wrong in the 90s with the release of a game that sold so well that marketing "gurus" worldwide took notice. In regards to PC games, it changed the gaming industry, moving the emphasis in game design to graphics over content.

Which game was that, if I may ask? :o

Hmm... ten games?

1. Fallout 2
2. Fallout 1
3. Final Fantasy 4
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Final Fantasy 6
6. Civilization Series
7. Earthbound
8. Starcraft
9. Diablo 2
10. Rome: Total War

NFSreloaded said:
Unkillable Cat said:
It went wrong in the 90s with the release of a game that sold so well that marketing "gurus" worldwide took notice. In regards to PC games, it changed the gaming industry, moving the emphasis in game design to graphics over content.

Which game was that, if I may ask? :o

I think he's referring to Doom.

Back