A community effort

NMA - A post-apocalyptic roleplaying game?

• Interested in playing and helping

Votes: 57 63.3%
  • Interested in playing

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • Not interested

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
I'd like to have a more general basic ruleset, with all the fluff and setting separately in the campaign- and auxillary books.
Basically, one book solely about the crunch, then different books/chapters about the various regions, their history, basic maps and so on.
That way the Overseer (really liking that for the GM's name) can set campaigns in all of the regions and timespans, from stuff shortly after the War to after Fallout 4.
Good point but there are already broad rules like Fallout PnP (which are pretty good). Perhaps we could heavily expand certain areas as auxiliary books? Less ambitious but... could work.

So here's a question, are we going to make very broad rules or aim at a specific region?
Regions are part of a setting, a RPG PnP ruleset should always be as broad as possible, then the GM (maybe I should start saying Overseers like Izak suggested :wiggle:) decides what the setting for his campaigns is.
For example we could make the three core-rulebooks that we usually see in PnP games (The Players Handbook, The GM Handbook and the Creatures Handbook) which will contain the rules for pretty much anything the players and GMs need to create characters, maps and everything else it is needed to start a campaign.
Then we could make more specific books, for example the Brotherhood of Steel Codex (or whatever name you want to give it) which goes deeper into all the different factions of the BoS, their history and equipment, their recruiting system, training, philosophy, goals, bases and headquarters, etc.
While the BoS Codex wouldn't be needed for people to start playing, it would be a good add-on book that offers all the information about the BoS, so the GMs don't have to create it all from scratch, and it is up to any GM to use it or not >_>.
We then could also make a book about regions of the USA, containing info about what happened and in what state specific regions of the USA are, with maybe even a timeline of what happened in those regions, maps of towns and cities and other settlements, information about what kind of dangers exist there, etc.

So all of this wall of text to say that the first thing we need is the big broad rule books, then after that is made we can start making more in-depth and specific books :grin:.

Well at least that is how I think it should go, since I am not even part of this project yet and don't know if I will be when it is started, my opinion is just that :-P.

EDIT: I should start reading the new posts on the thread while I am typing my own ones...

Good point but there are already broad rules like Fallout PnP (which are pretty good). Perhaps we could heavily expand certain areas as auxiliary books? Less ambitious but... could work.
Well yeah, one option will be that we'll just use Fallout PnP (maybe modify it) and focus on the fluff. Nothing's decided yet.

Any update on that new subforum?
@Korin's still dead (my guess is he got shot after a dance competition. If Blades Of Glory taught us anything it's that competitive dance scenes are hardcore), I'm evaluating alternatives so we can get going.

@Korin's still dead (my guess is he got shot after a dance competition. If Blades Of Glory taught us anything it's that competitive dance scenes are hardcore), I'm evaluating alternatives so we can get going.

Wait a second.
So in the hypothetical scenario of the current head admin @Korin going missing/dead/unresponsive/monastic, NMA is pretty much locked down? We have no other admin with full admin privileges as him and we have no way of changing his position or appointing a new one?

That's pretty...dystopian. And fucked up. And extremely impractical.

Wait a second.
So in the hypothetical scenario of the current head admin @Korin going missing/dead/unresponsive/monastic, NMA is pretty much locked down? We have no other admin with full admin privileges as him and we have no way of changing his position or appointing a new one?

That's pretty...dystopian. And fucked up. And extremely impractical.
That's what we got for trusting a Fallout 3 fan.
Seriously though, dunno how it is right now. BN apparently had trouble adding a new subforum, the rest of admin duties are taken care of.

That's what we got for trusting a Fallout 3 fan.
Seriously though, dunno how it is right now. BN apparently had trouble adding a new subforum, the rest of admin duties are taken care of.

Sounds bad. If BN can't manage it, how can he make stuff at inXile work?

We really need a new admin, preferably someone who isn't a Beth fanboy.

Korin doesn't have a Facebook/Twitter/Google +/fucking e-mail?
No clue. My guess is that he went far into the danger zone (where the dancer becomes the dance) and got accepted into the Pittsburgh Conservatory of Dance where he now has no time for Internet bullshit.

I say we go for an original system, one that is preferably simple without being shallow.

If we go the route of an original system, I vote that we not separate the PHB and Overseer's Guide unless we can fill it with a significant amount of new content.

Also, it should be noted, the SPECIAL system is likely under legal protection, so it will probably be best to have an original system.

Alright motherfuckers, @Korin came back from the grave to gift us a fresh new subforum to defile. If you're reading this, you're already there!
Now we can get this properly started, or rather, now I'm running out of excuses to get this properly started ;)
Sorry, been busy with life... and yes, I was also in some dance contests. Several people have the same admin access as I do but they aren't active or couldn't figure out how to use Xenforo.

FUCK YES MOTHERFUCKERS LET'S DO IT

*observes as other people develop it*

Alright, I've come up with a few statistics that might be good if we choose to make our own system, using the tomato example. They are as follows;
  • Strength - Being able to squish a tomato.
  • Vitality - Being able to eat a bad tomato.
  • Agility - Being able to dodge a thrown tomato.
  • Endurance - Being able to shrug off a thrown tomato.
  • Perception - Being able to see that, yes, that is a tomato.
  • Intelligence - Knowing a tomato is a fruit.
  • Wisdom - Knowing tomatoes do not belong in fruit salad.
  • Charisma - Being able to convince me to eat a tomato.

I have all of those things, you'd have to PM me for them though... ain't sharing that shit on here, lol.

Nah, of course you shouldn't share that here, but since you were offline and we don't know if NMA sends you e-mails when you receive PMs, I guess it's advisable that admins/moderators share their e-mail addresses among themselves in case something like this happens.

Just a suggestion.

Back