A community effort

NMA - A post-apocalyptic roleplaying game?

• Interested in playing and helping

Votes: 57 63.3%
  • Interested in playing

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • Not interested

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
I've been away from the boards for ~10 years due to ... stuff.
I'm quite a bit behind when it comes to any of the angst towards Bethesda, but I share some of the same sentiment.

While I myself have interest between PnP gaming (living in a somewhat remote area with only one gamer-friend within 45 miles), to Roll20, RPTools, or other on-line emulator, or even a digital environment of a persistent world of either 2D/top-down 3D - I'm partial to all three for the same reason.

I'm interested in whichever iteration I could help with ;)

Don't suppose you'd like to hook up as a games partner (Roll20) I miss playing tabletop games with people and R20 is the closest easiest proxy I can get PM me perhaps?

I recommend Roll20, I played a D&D adventure with some friends living on the other side of the world a couple of years ago and worked quite well. Unfortunately we stopped playing after that adventure because of everyone being busy with their own lives (a couple of them had finished University and were going to start working, one is in the air force and his schedule got changed, other just got a baby daughter so stopped having as much time, etc) and in my case time zones weren't very compatible.

So yeah, in my opinion Roll20 is a nice way for people that live far from eachother to join and play good PnP RPGs together.

@Hythos if you want to play I recommend you to accept @cratchety ol joe proposition :ok:.

Alright, things are coming along, new subforum is approved.
I'm thinking about calling it "Project NMA", with the description "A community effort to develop a Pen&Paper RPG based on Fallout".
Any other suggestions?

Except that I'm not sure if having a "Fallout" in the title is actually allowed.
Yeah, highly unlikely. Although, since this is not commercial and basically just a collection of fanfiction, so to speak...

Yeah, shouldn't be any trouble. It's not like Bethesda cares what this community does or says.
Anyway, update: Brother None appeared out of nowhere yesterday, if he can figure out how this forum works in the near future the new subforum will come and we can properly start on this thing.
Sorry for the delay :D

Fuck it, since Psyker molerats are canon I want to play as that.
And a ghost.
Ghost's canon.

On a more serious note, I never quite got what "gen 1" and "gen 2" mutants 'mean'. When is there a divide between the mutants created by the Master and what is the biggest difference exactly?

Fuck it, since Psyker molerats are canon I want to play as that.
And a ghost.
Ghost's canon.

On a more serious note, I never quite got what "gen 1" and "gen 2" mutants 'mean'. When is there a divide between the mutants created by the Master and what is the biggest difference exactly?
From what I understand is that gen 1 were the ones created by the master and the unity and gen 2 were the super mutants accidentally created by the enclave when they had slaves from Redding excavate the Mariposa Military game, which I think is pretty silly since those would be just a couple of dozen mutants at best and not enough to be noteworthy.

Psykers should be incredibly rare if used at all. Perhaps Master had some research that survived and could be used to replicate his powers? It is a slippery slope though. We do have some Shamanistic powers present in most of the games which are similar.

Psykers should be incredibly rare if used at all. Perhaps Master had some research that survived and could be used to replicate his powers? It is a slippery slope though. We do have some Shamanistic powers present in most of the games which are similar.
Well, psykers should have some serious drawbacks, like madness or something like that. A chance to cataclysmically fail every skill roll and so on.
All the other races should be playable and have proper rules, I think.

Well, psykers should have some serious drawbacks, like madness or something like that. A chance to cataclysmically fail every skill roll and so on.
Double post to bump:
Further update: Not even the mighty BN has power to create a new forum, we'll need to summon @Korin for this task, apparently. Might take a little longer as he's apparently wasting his time with bullshit like "real life" or something.

I don't support the idea of psykers, but if they do have drawbacks...

Back