Are shots to testicles really funny?

Maybe if all you're doing is looking at it from a surface analysis. But no, from what it ACTUALLY does, it's not just "a mega-steroid that turns your skin green" and etc etc. Quad helix and all that mumbo jumbo. Also that steroids are commonly misconstrued to lead to the qualities which most Super Mutants exhibited to exaggerated proportions, though that's a rather separate topic... XD

I always saw groin shots in the game both as a "whatever it takes" [to win] option, in the lawless post apocalypse; fitting IMO. And as a way to make a fight personal... [no seriously]
I can recall once battling way in the military base, and a supermutant kills Dogmeat, where upon I spent a turn to march the PC across the screen into melee range, and next round whopped the mutant in the balls with a super sledge.

What on earth do you mean, "make a fight personal"? :crazy:

Well, as childish as it is, a bit of snickering at some harmless virtual violence isn't so evil every once in a while.Especially if it is critically punching a champion boxer in the crotch and causing him to K.O immediately.

In fac-Oh dear.

Why are you guys talking about Super Mutant ballsacks.

pls stop

pls

Well, as childish as it is, a bit of snickering at some harmless virtual violence isn't so evil every once in a while.Especially if it is critically punching a champion boxer in the crotch and causing him to K.O immediately.

In fac-Oh dear.

pls stop

pls

Do they even HAVE ballsacks?

I always assumed Super Mutants had no genitalia at all, what with the sterility and lack of secondary sex characteristics, I always just thought they kind of shriveled away as part of the mutation process.

Is that a steel jockstrap what are supermutants on wikia pictures wearing? If so, no wonder that groin shots have been removed in F3/FNV, it'd surely hurt Courier's hands when punching that armored thing.

In fac-Oh dear.

pls stop

pls

I always assumed Super Mutants had no genitalia at all, what with the sterility and lack of secondary sex characteristics, I always just thought they kind of shriveled away as part of the mutation process.

Mutants (well, save from those horridly disfigured) are not sterile in the Fallout universe.

omg... my honest Vault Dweller killed the master with a lie... I will never forgive myself such a terrible thing :razz:

In fac-Oh dear.

pls stop

pls

Mutants (well, save from those horridly disfigured) are not sterile in the Fallout universe.

No, they are. That's why the Master's plan would never work.

In fac-Oh dear.

pls stop

pls

No, they are. That's why the Master's plan would never work.
Yup_zps3af18c53.png

IRRC, Vree did the autopsy of one, and could not tell if it was male or female.

Vree did indeed do an autopsy and realized super mutants are sterile
IIRC The FEV virus in one of the in game holodisks is said to attack the sperm and egg cells because they lack a full set of chromosomes and thus it sees them as "damaged" and it will proceed to "fix" them by giving them a full set of chromosomes. The inability for sperm and egg to then join together results in super mutants being sterile from the very process of the FEV mutation.

You are also able to convince The Master to ask his own mutants about their inability to reproduce and he will find out directly from them.
(I've literally only actually physically killed The Master like 3 times)

Last edited:
super mutants have genitalia, but are not able to reproduce.
in-game characters may lie or be misinformed, but the fallout bible says so.

super mutants have genitalia, but are not able to reproduce.
in-game characters may lie or be misinformed, but the fallout bible says so.

While I agree about the sterility (otherwise a very important plotpoint in Fallout 1 would fall apart) I have to ask which "bible"? I assume you don't mean the document that is called that way but explicitly states in it that it doesnt want to be understood as "lore bible".

Last edited:
where exactly?
of course, informations in the bible are sometimes incomplete and some problems stay unresolved (like ghouls and FEV), but I've always thought that informations there are canonically correct.

besides, we can be sure that super mutants can't reproduce, but I think they do have genitalia.
- you can get Marcus a girl in cat's paw
- you can seduce Harry when Vault Dweller's a woman, so he has to have some libido
- come on, people's ballsacks and phalluses would just fall off after dipping in FEV? and women's vaginas would disappear? how would they pee?
- finally, Master wouldn't be so stupid to don't know that his mutants can't reproduce if they didn't have genitalia

I know that are just minor things, but hey, they're there.
I also know that Vree described super mutants as sexually undifferentiated and I don't know what to think about it. there could be different kinds of super mutants - those who do have genitalia and those who don't - FEV doesn't work the same way for everyone. or maybe the mutant Vree was working on didn't mutate correctly. or maybe they do have some different genitalia than humans and Vree didn't recognize them (okay, I've gone too far with this one). or maybe this is just another unresolvable matter, like said ghouls and FEV.

Last edited:
I don't think Vree mentioned them lacking genitalia, I thought they lacked secondary sex characteristics and are sterile, I know her report only mentions sterility.

well, it seems you're right

While the process by which this happens is uncertain, it does have some severe side effects. Chief among them is sterility. The test subject would have been unable to reproduce with any creature, whether clean or mutated.

so now we can all sleep at night knowing that super mutants do have ballsacks.

Back